Final

No looking back...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


-Donghae-

Every time I see her, I still feel a big hole in my heart.

I’m happy that we’re friends, but it to know that it’s just that.

She was my first love, and I can never deny the fact that I’m still in love with her.

A few years back, we dated and became steady. I’ve always thought to myself that she was the girl I was going to end up with, but that didn’t happen.

Eun Mi needed to move to Japan with her parents and there was no way we can contest that. Things had to end between us, but we still kept contact. She was too precious for me to lose, so we agreed to become friends.

Until the time came that the phone calls became less frequent, the letters stopped, and it’s like she forgot about me…

“She’s probably busy…” I always told myself.

And then I got tired of waiting, I convinced myself to move on and deal with the pain. I knew I already forgot her, but that fateful day came.

I heard a soft knock on the door – “who is it?” I yelled and made my way out to the living room and opened the door… it was her.

“Eun mi…” my heart stopped, I didn’t know if I should hug her, or whatever. All the feelings I’ve killed suddenly came back.

“Donghae oppa… I missed you…” she gave me a sad smile and hugged me.

I froze, and that’s the time I realized that I was, rather, still am in love with her.

I’ve forgotten all the things I needed to do that day, and we just talked and caught up with each others lives. It was like I never wanted this day to end, until she dropped the bomb….

“7 weeks from now oppa, I’m getting married to Lee Sungmin…”

I forgot how I reacted after that, I must’ve pasted a synthetic smile on face because after that, we came back to how we were years before… back to the time when we weren’t even dating.

Somehow, I knew a part of me was still hopeful that someday we’d still be together, but I guess I expected too much. The weeks flew by, feels like it was just yesterday that she knocked on my door…

She was carrying a bouquet of flowers when she got out of my car, and she walked slowly to her mom’s grave – she said she wanted to visit the place one last time before she left for the States a few hours from now to join her fiancé.

“This would be the last chance I’d have so I could smile again…” she told me quietly as I sat beside her. I didn’t get what s he was saying but I just nodded.

Tears suddenly started to spill from her eyes, and I tried to hush her.

“Mom… I came back here because I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter