6. Around The World - Part 1

Love Control

* Thoughts which Mark can hear are in italics.

 

/ Mark's POV \

I stood outside Sunhee's apartment and rang her intercom. I waited patiently as I looked down at my feet. Suddenly the door opened and I looked up. "Oh! Hello" I said as I was face to face with her boyfriend, Jackson. I bowed to greet him and he bowed his head and let me inside. I followed him inside and stood by the door. Sunhee came rushing through with a suitcase and a large bag. "Mark! Good morning!" She said happily as she slipped her slippers off and pulled on her heels. I grinned to her happily and Jackson stood at the side with his arms folded.

 

"I'll take your bags" I told her as I went to grab the handle of her suitcase. But Jackson grabbed it before me and looked at me. 

"I'll take them" He said as he took his slippers off. Sunhee frowned and put her hand on the handle. "Jackson. It's fine. I can take it myself." She told him. He breathed in deepily then nodded and let Sunhee take it. I walked backwards out the front door and Sunhee followed me, pulling her suitcase behind her. "I'll see you when I get back." Sunhee said to Jackson. She went on her tiptoes slightly and kissed him on his cheek.

 

I looked at him and he looked back at me. Does he have a problem with me? 'Aish. When will he go away. Sunhee is with me. He does realise this right?' He thought as I looked at him. Yep. He must have a problem with me. I nodded to him and he nodded back. We turned around and I walked beside Sunhee down the corridor. "I'll take them." I said to Sunhee as I smirked to her before taking her bags, knowing Jackson was still watching behind us. I smirked and we turned around the corner of the corridor. 

 

We walked out to my car which was parked outside the front of Sunhee's apartment building. I unlocked the car and opened Sunhee's door for her before disappearing round the back to put her bags in the car boot. I made my way to the driver's side and sat down. "Eek! I'm so excited!" Sunhee said excitedly as she clapped her hands. I laughed and pulled my seatbelt across. "I love it when I'm chosen to go on reports! And its Jeju this time!" She said excitedly again. I smiled and shook my head. I had never seen her so excited.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

Suddenly Mark leant closer to me. I stopped talking and froze. "Your belt" He said as he took my seatbelt and pulled it across me, clicking it in the other side. I smiled and thanked him as he sat back in his seat and started his car. He pulled off from the side of the pavement and began driving on the road. "Are you excited?" I asked him.

"Mhm! We have nights off right?" He asked me. I nodded and pulled out my folder which I had in my bag down by my feet. He glanced across and then flicked back to the road. "Right. We do reporting until 7pm then after that we can do anything! Apart from Friday night. Friday night we have to attend an event at the hotel." I explained to him. He raised his eyebrows and nodded.

 

"Ah. Is that why you told me to bring a suit jacket and a tie as well" He chuckled. I nodded and clapped my hands.

"That's right! It's a black tie event! So everyone is dressed up." I explained to him. He nodded again.

"What colour is your dress?" He asked me. 

"Hm. Dark blue." I told him.

"Oh! My tie is dark blue!" He cried out. We both laughed and had eventually reached the airport to get the plane over to Jeju Island. We both got out of Mark's car and he unloaded our suitcases out of the car boot.

 

"I've got it" I told him as I went to grab my suitcase handle. He pulled my suitcase out the way and round the other side of him, furthest away from me. "I can pull two suitcases." He grumbled as he smirked. I nodded and ended up carrying my other bag instead. He locked his car and we walked into the airport together. "Are you ok?" Mark asked me. I frowned to myself and nodded to him. He definitely knew how to look after someone else... As we walked through the airport, an Ahjusshi rushed past me and knocked me to the side. Mark flung his arms out and caught me. I stood up awkwardly. "Just ask if you want a hug next time" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

 


 

/ Mark's POV \

I sped down the motorway in the car which we were renting whilst we were staying in Jeju. Sunhee had her arm sticking out the window as she leant back in her seat. I continued driving but something wasn't right. I listened to the car carefully. "Sunhee. Can you hear that?" I asked her. She frowned and brought her arm in, closing her window to get rid of the sound of wind. We both stayed silent and listened carefully. We heard a slight bang repeatedly. "Pull in here." Sunhee said as she pointed to a road leading off the motorway to a smaller road. I pulled into the road and stopped the car at the side. I put my brake on and turned the key to turn the car off. It banged repeatedly and turned off.

 

We both frowned to each other and I took my belt off, jumping out of the car to have a look around. There was nothing physically wrong with it. I gave Sunhee a signal and she popped the car hood up. I looked at the engine and it all seemed fine. "It looks fine. Maybe we ran over something?" I said as I sat back down. I turned the key and the engine didn't start. "Aish" I cried out. "I'll have to walk down the road to get some help. I have no signal" I told Sunhee as I got out. She got out after and stood awkwardly. 

"Ah. Wait. I can't leave you here." I said as I turned back around.

She frowned, "Why not? I'll sit in the car?" She asked.

"I can't leave a girl alone on an empty road." I mumbled. I pointed down the road and lead her. She finally agreed and followed me as I locked the car behind me.

 

We had been walking for ages and we seemed to be in the Jeju countryside. Sunhee was lagging behind and I noticed she looked tired. I stopped and she crashed into the back of me. "You're tired." I said.

"I am not!" She disagreed. I crouched down and tapped my shoulder. 

"Come on." I told her. She awkwardly stood still so I reached out behind me and took her arms, pulling them around my neck. I scooped her up onto my back and she stayed silent and awkward. "Don't feel awkward. We are friends. Friends help each other." I told Sunhee as I smiled. She must have smiled too as she relaxed her arms slightly around my neck.

 

/ Sunhee's POV \

I held my phone and Mark's phone in my hands as he walked around trying to find a signal. "You can put me down now." I told him. He shook his head and continued walking down the paths. 

"Its fine. At least rate we might actual reach our hotel." He said as he sniggered. I laughed and nodded. It soon became silent again and I thought it was a good opportunity to ask Mark some questions. Yes yes. Sometimes I can be a little bit nosey. But I'm just curious. "How long were you with Haesun for, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked him. His arms holding me up felt weak for a second then he pushed me back up to hold me properly. "Uh. We knew each other from High School, but it was 5 Years." He told me.

"Oh~ Same as me and Jackson." I told him. He nodded and continued.

 

"And are you happy?" He asked me. I froze and frowned. 

"Yah. Put me down." I told him. He stopped awkwardly and carefully let me down. I stood on the path and walked around the front of him. "What is that meant to mean?" I asked him. He looked around awkwardly and I raised my hand, and poked his forehead. He blinked as he was surprised and looked back at me. "Uh. I mean. Never mind." He said as he walked around me and continued down the path.

 

"Yah! Mark Tuan!" I called after him. 

 


 

 

Quick message:

Is everyone enjoying the story so far?! I hope you all are! As you may have realised, I am updating this story a lot, I update the story every other day. Please remember to up vote and comment! I absolutely love reading your comments but there isn't many which worries me... Is everyone enjoying the story? :)