the past

American Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl with black hawk hair merely around six years old is sitting by the swing and she looks so devastated kicking the sand and mumbling things that is full of hatred.

“They should give more time to me rather than their selves and new family I hate it… I hate that child. I hate my parents they do not care about me at all… Why am I like this? Why is my life like this?” The tears that she is holding finally got out from her eyes and she started to sob and feel that finally she is still a child. Her parents separated when she was around two and her mother marry again as her father just do whatever he wants and loved money. Two adults that neglected their own flesh and blood for their own selfish desire a damaged young soul she is… She does not really know what to do or who to believe. Her mother and father are fighting over custody for her but the mere thing she could think of is that they were doing it out of pride not because they do care about her as what she wants them to be…. A daughter of a past actress and a very rich businessman that is what she is.. and her life is never easy.. no friends as her father was an overprotective nut never gave her time to really pay attention on her as a daughter to him she is just a possession that he needs to have to have a great image that is what she thought from the time they come back and forth to the court.. It pains her more to know that she has a sister with a different father that makes her feel more alone. She hates crying and losing her guard, yes, at the young age she needs to be this mature as she believed that she is always alone but her perspective change as this moment….

“Here you go” A very cute voice who came from a kid as well appeared, the girl in the swing met a lollipop in front of her and then she tilted her head high to meet a girl smiling with half-moon shape eyes.. she responded with a glare.

“I normally cry because I wanted candies.. so here I am giving you this because you seemed that you wanted candies”

The young girl stood up from her position and threw the sway the arm of the said light mood girl and walk pass her. But the other girl seemed to be really persistent. As she followed the girl…

“I guess it was not candy you wanted. The weather is good do you want to play? I have a house inside my house my dad bought it for me… My cousin never wanted to play with me she said it is too childish but I am just six years old.. hehehe.. Maybe you are also six years old or something… Hwang Miyoung is my name I was born in the US and yeah you know we are just visiting since it is so cold out there… hehehe what is your name?” The young girl just kept on saying things and the other girl is not minding her at all but the Miyoung seems not the type of woman who will give up at all she is just that type of girl….

“Yah my dad said that you need to be pay attention to the people who talks to you… should you not pay attention to me at all? Your parents might not be as nice as my dad.” She said without any thoughts in mind, she a kid she can say whatever she wants and it will appear cute but to the said girl it is…

“YAH!” She turns around and shouted to this friendly girl, “My parents…” She looked on the ground “They don’t love me at all so I guess they are really bad,” She is controlling herself for her not to cry but it was too painful to hide so she started sobbing again the other girl just stared at her she does barely understand anything but she went closer and gave her a tight hug..

“I will love you then.” Miyoung stated. “I will take care of you until candies could be the answer you needed.”

The girl cried her all to the person who she just met… The person who made her feel other than hate for the first time…. “What is your name? I mean I should know the name of the person I should love right?”

“Kwon Yuri.” She answered sobbing and the cute Miyoung smiled without eyes showing as she hug her and pat her back.. an adorable view to many but to Yuri it is a start of opening up, a memory to treasure for a lifetime..

Miyoung and her meet every day on the same spot for the past two years it was Miyoung who helped her accept her situation but she is always ten years away on the way she thinks maybe because she is a business man’s daughter after all. When Miyoung saw her younger sister Yoona she liked her a lot and she play with her a lot.. Yuri was not jealous at all rather because of that she decided to be closer to her own sister and they have a great relationship now… The hatred goes away and love blossom to her little sister….

They always talk about US and because of that Yuri had become a dreamer, having an American dream to be with Miyoung… and be home as she does not belong here in South Korea no one is considered as family until Miyoung came.. They started dreaming to be together and started puppy love feels to each other.. To Yuri this is the life she wanted to live the life she wanted to follow.. The path she will have….

It was after two years when all the Hwang business are all settled and she needs to fly back to the US. It was the most painful event in Yuri’s life. They are in the airport with their butlers, rich people life, oh well.

“Hey Yuri stop crying” Miyoung stated and Yuri eyes met hers.

“You are leaving me, why are you doing this? I ….”

“SSSShhhh” Miyoung shushed her, “Did I not promise to love you and be with you?” their eyes met and Miyoung’s eyes were full of water. “I will go now but it does not mean we will not see each other again, I will get back to you or you can find me and live with me there., I will wait for you….” She smiled with her crescent eyes…

Yuri hugged her first love and Miyoung did the same thing… That was the last time she saw her, but she never broke the promise of finding her and did not give up at all..

Jessica looks up in the blue sky of New York and smell the wind... Her life is perfect she said.. Why? She just finished her residency and she is now an official doctor/surgeon in Cambridge along with her white coat she jumps around happily... She loves her life, it is perfect nothing more she could ask for really.

 

"Good morning." A woman in her pencil skirt and blazer looking so formal stand by the gutter of the streets where Jessica is supposed to pass by and walk to Cambridge. Jessica knows that voice very well... She smiled hearing it and it is indeed another reason why life is perfect her girlfriend...

 

"Good morning." Jessica ran towards the girl in black it is evident that she is also a young professional, the way she dresses implied that she is a professor.

 

"Coffee?" The girl offered with those crescent smile and Jessica accepted it excitedly.

 

"Don't you have a class in the morning?" Jessica asked as they started to walk side by side.

 

"I do.. But I want to bring you to work today because I know it is a special day for you, being an actual doctor.." She stated.

 

Jessica smiled and she hook her arm with the girl's arm. "That is so sweet of you... Let me cook something good for you tonight.. I will be in your place at exactly 8:00pm."

 

"Sounds like a plan." They blab about almost everything they can think of, they had been dating since they were in college and she is the only person Jessica liked since she was young, the person who gave her every first she experienced... They reached the hospital and Jessica removed her Burberry scarf.. And place it on her girlfriend's neck. "You might catch colds take care okay?" Jessica reminded as the other smiled and pull Jessica closer to share a deep kiss... They did... Not minding the people and just being a happy couple.

 

"I love you Jessica Jung and I will see you later okay?" She again offered a smile with her twinkling crescent eyes and Jessica grin and put a last kiss on her before turning around to enter the hospital skipping the said girl just chuckle on how Jessica would behave like a shy kid every time she says those words to her boldly....

 

The girl turn around to walk the opposite way but before she could fully turn around...

 

"Tiffany!"

 

She faces Jessica calling her...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter