Beautiful Stranger

Beautiful Stranger

It’s almost 6 in the afternoon. A plenty of shopping bags placed right beside my feet. 

It’s pretty quite here. I can hear the wind breeze making a beautiful orchestra between trees and bushes. The sun almost getting ready to hide beyond the horizon.

Not far from where I sit, I can see a couple walking hand by hand enjoying the sun that almost set. A dog and the owner rolling on the grass, it looks like they are playing something. And there is a guy who keep taking pictures of everything around him.

My eyes was like glued to this stranger who was busy taking pictures. I can tell that’s a Canon 5D Camera, I’m not a camera expert but I understand a bit about camera and photography. What makes this guy interesting is not only because that beautiful camera he has, but also because how he looks so cool wearing a black hoodie, black pants and black shoes while taking pictures. He’s tall and his hand looks very milky white. 

When I was too concentrate gazing towards this guy, suddenly he pointed his camera right to my face. I don’t know what got into me, I stare to the camera and give a slight smile. Then the camera guy put down his camera, looking face to face to me. My eyes got widen staring right into his eyes, He looks so handsome with a perfect face structure. He smiled at me. The dimples he has makes him looks more attractive. Without realizing, my cheek turns red, I look away and hold my giggles.

Suddenly this handsome guy sits next to me when I’m busy checking on my phone. “You are not Korean, aren’t you?” In a well pronounced English.

I automatically looked up to him, and my mind goes like ‘Oh wow the camera guy kk~’

“응 맞자요” I answered. His cool supermodel look in an instance turned into a bright baby sunshine when I answered in Korean. “한국 말 할수있어요?” He said with an all sparkling eyes. I don’t know someone can be so excited as him, only because they are talking the same language as your native language. 

“저금.. Baby level.” I grinned at him. He looks so excited, I can tell. We introduced our self to each other. He tries to make all this funny korean-english conversation with me, I find it very amusing. We even exchanging Kakao Talk ID.

After a couple minutes conversation, I realize it’s getting darker. “I have to go back now,” as I rise up from my sit and grab all of my shopping bags. 

“Sia~” He called my name.

Click Click

He took my picture once I look at him. He chuckled.

"야!” I yelled at him. “Erase it, I must have looked ugly. Right?”

He didn’t answer. He sling his camera, grab all shopping bags on my hand. Then walk and said, “Let’s go, I’ll walk you home.” I think my face turned as bright as it can when he said that, I guess I like him.

We walked among yellow street lights. I told him where I have been for this past days in Seoul and he told me places I must go.

Arrived in front of Prima Hotel, yup there’s where I stay. I thanked him and bowed like how Korean would do. He chuckled while bowed back to me and handing over my shopping bags. “I hope we could meet again before you fly back.” He said. “잘자요”

He turned his back to me and walk towards a bus stop near the hotel.

“We will meet again. 잘자요.” I shouted to his back and ran inside before he turns to face me again.

I don’t know what does he think about our first meeting. But for me, that’s love on a first sight.

•••

The next morning I wake up very early, I want to go to Everland. I don’t mind going to amusement park alone.

I’m craving for T Express, they said it’s Korean first wooden roller coaster. I’m a roller coaster junkie, the thought of riding it has got me overwhelmed already.

When I was about to exit the lobby, I see someone familiar.

It’s him, the camera guy. He wore a black short and black oversized t-shirt with some studded on the front of the t-shirt. He brought a black MCM backpack too; I bet he brought his camera inside the bag.  All black again, like yesterday. I was surprised but more like happy to see him. He sees me coming, he waves at me.

“Myungsoo-ssi. What are you doing here?” I asked him. “Aren’t we supposed to go to Everland?” He asked me back.

Wait… 

I did tell him last night when he chat me that I’m going to Everland around this time. But I don’t remember inviting him.

I am both confused and happy.

“You said you wanted to go to Everland, alone. That must be boring.” He continued talking. “You would like a companion, right Sia?” He said confidently.

I nodded with a big big smile. “Cool, let’s go!”

Roller coaster and a handsome guy accompanying me. This is going to be the highlight of my vacation!