Sneak Peek

Son of the Damned: Missing Piece
Sneak Peek:

A cool breeze wiped through the town of Winchester on one fine autumn afternoon. Leaves of various reds and yellows fell to the ground only to be stepped on by the passer by's.

"I'm going to get ya, I'm going to get ya," called out a woman, appearing to be in mid twenties, to a little no older than six years of age.

"Daddy, help me! Mommy's going to catch me and tickle me," cried out the boy, while giggling, to his father.

"I think I might just join her," the man said as he wiggled his fingers in a tickling motion.

This only made the boy giggle harder as he ran, trying to run away from his parents. The family continued to run and play in the neighborhood park until the boy grew sleepy.

"Looks like someone's ready to go home and sleep," said the boys fathers.

"No, I don't wanna go," sleepily whined the boy as he rubbed his eyes, trying to prove that he wasn't tried.

"Come now Joshua, we can always come back another day," reassured his mother.

"Promise?" begged the boy, making his eyes as big as possible so his parents couldn't refuse.

"Promise," both adults answered in unison.

Finally satisfied, Joshua let his mother pick him up and the family of three began to make their way home.

A few hours later, the cute little had supper and were preparing for bed.

"Mommy," called out Joshua from his bed.

"Yes my love," she answered, poking her into her son's room.

"Will you read me a bedtime story?" Joshua asked as he yawned.

"Sure Hun. We can finish the one from the other night," said his mother.

After about two pages, Joshua was sound asleep. His mother carefully closed the book and quietly moved from her spot on her son's bed, as not to wake him.

"Good night angel," she whispered, kissing Joshua on his cheek and pulling the covers a little higher on his shoulders.

She quietly walked out the room, turning off the light and pulled the door, only leaving it a tad smudge open.

The woman nearly jumped of her skin when a pair of arms, her husband's, wrapped around her waist.

"Sam, don't do that," she whisper yell while letting out a light laugh.

Sam laughed along with her before asking, "You okay? You look a little pale. Maybe we should feed tonight,"

"No, I'll be fine; just tired. I'll feed tomorrow, while Josh is at school," she said, trying to convince the man that she was alright.

"Victoria," Sam said firmly, while lowering his head to her neck; pressing his mouth to her jugular vein.

"Fine, we'll feed tonight. But can I stay here, just in case Josh wakes up," Victoria sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, I'll be back in a few," responded Samuel with a big goofy grin on his face.

"Be careful!" Victoria called as she her husband walk out the door.

Victoria stood there for a moment, shaking her at the man's antics. She walked into the living room, sat down and grabbed a book from the near by coffee table to her right.

Only a few seconds later, a loud knock, almost like a banging, came from the door.

'That's odd,' Victoria thought to herself, 'Samuel has the house keys, doesn't he?'

Victoria placed the book down and rose from her chair.

"Forgot the keys did we?" she asked, opening the door without looking at who was standing there.

Without an answer, the stranger, with great force, pushed Victoria back, causing her to fly back and hit the wall behind her.

"Adelaide, keep her down; Mark, fine the child," says the person at the door, a woman.

Before Victoria could get up and fight the intruders, the woman, Adelaide, grabbed Victoria by collar, dragging her across the floor until she was lying a few steps away from the other woman. Adelaide then sat on Victoria, holding her wrists in an iron like grip. It was then that Victoria got to see who the intruder was.

"Idris, how did you find us?" She asked in both curiosity and exasperation.

"Hmm, we knew where you’ve been hiding all along,” Idris said with an evil smirk on her face.

“But why now, after all this time?” asked Victoria, truly curious as to why attack earlier on. She had remembered their dealings with enemies of the clan in the past. Never in all of those times had Idris and the other waited, feeling that eliminating the problem as quickly as possible was the best course of action.

“Oh, my sweet, sweet Vicky. You’re really quite dull, aren’t you?” shot Idris, a light chuckle ringing through the room.

Victoria just looked at the madwoman, raising an eyebrow at her as if to question her meaning.

Sadly, before her question could be answered, Mark came walking down the hall with a screaming Joshua in his arms. The man was having a hard time holding the boy, dew to the fact that the six year old was desperately trying to get out of his arms.

“Be still you little brat!” Mark yelled at the boy.

“Let me go!” Joshua yelled back, “Or else my mommy's going to get you,” he threatened with as much malice in his voice that a six year old could muster.

“Oh yeah?” mocked the older just as he stepped into the living room.

“Mommy!” Joshua called out when he saw his mother being held down on the floor.

“It’s okay honey, everything's going to alright,” said Victoria, trying to calm her panicked and now crying son.

“Well, now that we have what we came for, it’s time to take our leave,” said Idris.

“Please stop this Idris, you have no right!” yelled Victoria, tears threatening to fall.

“Oh, my dear, I have every right. I warned you this would happen,” Idris said, eyebrow drawing together in mock sorrow as she poked her lip out.

“I’ll report you to Alex,” she threatened.

“Who do you think asked me to do this?” asked Idris.

Victoria could only stare in shock at the response she was giving. She quickly shook from her surprise, and tried to fight her way out of the tight hold Adelaide had her in.

“Aw, look at you trying to put up a fight,” Idris laughed, “Adelaide, you know what to do. Mark let’s get out of here,” commanded the head vampire.

The last thing Victoria heard were the screams of her son before Adelaide twisted her neck, putting her in temporary, death like, sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Oh, hi there!

So a nice sneak peek before I get into the grit of things. hehehe

So I wonder why this Alex person would order Idris to take Joshua. hmmm *rubes chin while look all up in the sky*

Well, let's wait and see!

Not sure when I'll update, but I will soon!

So until then, feel free to comment and subscribe, (because that would be much appreciated!)

And I'd really like to talk to my readers in the comments, so yeah.

Bye- bye for now!