Riverbank

Fallen Leaves

A.n. This first chapter is really really short.


-Riverbank-

When it feels like my dreams are so far

Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again

 

I was following the footpath of the park that full of scattered golden mapple leaves that evening when I heard someone singing, accompanied by a guitar sound. It’s female’s voice. I don’t even know why, I’m interested to know the source of that voice. That voice is so melodious, sweet, and...calming?

I found her on the riverbank. I stand a little far behind her back. Can’t see her face. The wind blow her brown, long hair and some mapple leaves, I just stay like that, continue to listen her song, Only Hope.

 

I want your symphony

Singing in all that I am

 

When she finished her song, she place her guitar on the ground beside her. That’s when I saw the side of her face. I was taken aback when I’ve known the singer. She’s Kim Taeyeon? The cold person who always by herself in class. Never talk to anybody. Always go straight out when the class is ended. Yes, she is my college mate. I know her because we take the same major and several same classes. Who knows that she got a beautiful voice.

“Can you stop looking at me like that, hm?”

Her voice hit me back to my sense. I was a little bit zoned out due to shockness.

“I’m sorry, I’m just-“

“No need to explain.” She said that while picking her guitar and walk past me.

“Kim Taeyeon!” I spontaneously call her, and she stop. “I’m Cho Kyuhyun, we’re on the same major at college and some several-“

“I know.” She cut my sentence again.

“Can we talk? I mean, I never seen you talk to other people before.” I don’t know why, that words just slip from my lips when she was about  to leave. She just stood there, in her position. “If you don’t mind.” I added, sensing some doubt in her.

And then she faced me. She looks unsure.

“Really, I’m sorry, if you don’t want to, it’s okay.”

“I just don’t like people, the crowd, the society.” She said that. She walk closer, looking for a sitting spot on the ground. And just sit when she found one. I then take a spot beside her. “sadly, I need them.”

“You have a beautiful voice, you know. Wonder why I never heard it before. I just heard hyoyeon singing the same song over and over again in class, her voice is a little bit...”

“That loud person. Singing is my way out of my problems, but I don’t do it in front of people.” (Taeyeon)

...

“It’s awkward” Kyuhyun broke the moment of silence beetween them.

“Hm?”

“Having a conversation with you like now. Knowing you never talk to people, at least in class.”

“...”

“I’m not silently offense you, really. You seemingly cold, in my impression, but after this short talk, and the fact that you even know my name, your image get slightly warmer.”

“It’s better to be seemingly cold at first but realize later that I’m better than vice versa. And being silent in class doesn’t mean that I don’t care. I’ve said that I don’t like people, but I need them, so I’m trying my best to deal with them. In my way.”

“Can we be friends?”

“...”

She doesn’t answer my question. I take that as ‘no’. She have it. She have very thick wall that preventing people to get to know her, or to get into her life. “At least, can we talk when we meet?”

“... Okay,“

What!?

“I can’t be friend with you, yet. But this won’t be the first and last time we talk, I think.”

Really!?

“O-okay then” I’m stuttering.

To Be Continued...