Name Tag and I Miss You

Name Tag and I Miss You

Minseok got nervous. Today is the airing time of their latest performance. He wondered if the fans would recognize. He hoped no. Hell no. Nobody would realize. Nobody could. Even only Jongdae and Yixing pointed that out at the day of the performance, and luckily he succeeded to shut their mouth up.

Minseok sat anxiously in the car on his way to Kyungsoo’s shooting location. He, by chance, had free time to accompany the nervous Kyungsoo to his new film’s shooting location. Just the two of them. He could not watch any broadcast now in the car. He bit his lip. His stomping feet sent an uncomfortable feeling to his stomach, yet he still did. What if the company sees his rebel act? Would he get any punishment? Minseok looked at his wrist watch. It is the time! The broadcast must have come to an end now. 30 seconds. 1 minute. 5 minutes. Minseok was happy that nothing happened. Netizens seemed calm on the internet. No one called him from the company. He feels so blessed. He is satisfied.

………

Lu Han left. His belonging was not in the closet next to Minseok’s anymore. Minseok stood there soullessly. It had been a year or more. Minseok suddenly felt an urge to miss Lu Han again today. He felt empty all over his body. His head felt a little dizzy. He could smell Lu Han’s scent in his mind as if he was near him, changing his clothes while chatting to him cheerfully. He could hear Lu Han’s annoying laugh and see his weird grinning face in his memory. These all seemed surreal. The only real thing was a solid rectangle cold thing in Minseok’s hand. Minseok opened his fist to see Lu Han’s nametag for Growl costume accessory. Lu Han’s name was written in it. They exchanged that nametag before Lu Han’s departure in their last day of their first concert in Beijing. Growl era has ended, so they thought it would be okay to exchange the thing. In fact, there were some requests for EXO to perform Growl sometimes, on air or off air. Minseok usually did not bother using any nametag and no one realized anyway. But today he wanted to use it. He wanted Lu Han to see him using it. He wanted Lu Han to know that he still is missing him. A lot.

………

Minseok hummed a happy song, congratulated himself and praised himself for being so clever after passed a critical moment that would risk his career. Okay, he was exaggerating. But he felt content and no one could ruin that. But, it was not until his phone signaling a message coming in. Minseok almost choked. He swiped his phone screen anxiously. No way. No one caught him, right?

                Hi. I miss you too. ^^

Minseok almost jumped of joy reading the message. It was not from the company or anyone he did not want to. The number was not from his contact, but he absolutely knew who sent this. He could not help but plastered that idiotic smile on his face while reading the message. He typed the reply message pretty fast before sent it to the sender.

                Who said I miss you? You narcissistic deer!

It did not take a long time too for the sender to reply Minseok’s reply.

                And I love you too. Take care of yourself. Don’t get sick, especially because you miss me so much. :p

Minseok let out a small laugh after reading the last message and decided not to reply it. That was enough. He got what he wanted. His Deer got his code he was giving in the last performance to him. He even sent him a respond message. They had lost contact since forever, so a respond message would be more than enough. Minseok tried to restrain his squealing, ended up producing a weird sound of cat being stepped on its tail.

“Uh! What is it, hyung?” The big-eyed person next to him suddenly stood from his comfortable sitting position, woke up to his hyung’s squealing voice.

“Eh, nothing. Sorry for waking you up. The shooting location is still far away. You can go to sleep again, Kyungsoo-ya.” Minseok gave a tender smile towards the younger. He almost forgot that Kyungsoo was there all the time.

Minseok got hundreds of question towards his smiling face that whole day. Minseok just could not help himself. He feels so blessed. He is happy.