Maybe...just maybe

Bewitched, bothered and bewildered

Aahhh it has been awhile since I last saw him. I don’t want to admit it to anybody but I miss him. His never ending praises, silly off-remarks, soft chewy hands, his scent,…STOP Seungyeon-aa. Stop day dreaming and dwell on this longing. I look at my watch and it is already 10.00 a.m. Manager hyung will be here soon. 

 

“Uri Seungyeon is smiling on her own. Care to share what is on your mind?” asks HyukSoo Oppa, the head director of the salon I always go to, while giving finishing style to my hair this morning. 

 

“Aah nothing HyukSoo Oppa,” giving him a shy smile, hoping he won’t interrogate further. Aigoo it is embarrassing to be caught day dreaming early in the morning. 

 

“Even if you don’t tell us, we can guess what you are thinking about hehe,” YoungJang Unnie continues, not wanting to end the topic of my reverie-like-smile. 

 

“Aah wae unnie. Anniya,” please stop making me a fool out of myself I continue pleading silently. I can feel my cheeks burning up.

 

“Well I don’t know about you SeungYeon-aa but I would smile showing all my teeth until my cheekbones hurt if I know I am going to meet a hot tall guy who is going to treat my like a princess in owh I don’t know in few hours,” YoungJang Unnie wriggling her eyebrows while emphasising the word HOT TALL GUY to us. 

 

“Hahaha,” laughs HyukSoo Oppa while continue styling my hair. “I saw the show and YoungJang is right, he treated you like a princess. And the way he looks at you. Wow. I may not be there while filming but from a guy’s perspective, that guy is sincerely smitten with you SeungYeon-aa,” he adds.

 

“Anniya,” I smile coyly because not knowing how to react to it. Again. Oppa and Unnie not the only ones telling me this. Ever since the third episode has been broadcasted, people surrounding me has bombarded me with questions and statements saying how lovey-dovey we look on screen and how sincere JongHyun Oppa’s actions towards me. 

 

“That is why she is smiling foolishly Oppa,” YoungJang Unnie continues teasing me knowing it will make me blush further. 

 

“Andawae, am I too obvious?” I ask mortified with the idea of showing my giddiness on my face. I quickly cover my face with my hands to stop from my cheeks becoming any redder. Then to add more mortification to the situation, my manager Oppa chose the wrong time to appear. 

 

“What happened? Why are you so red SeungYeon-aa?” he ask innocently, clueless to YoungJang Unnie and HyukSoo Oppa’s muffled laughter trying, miserably, to conceal their amusement of guessing my reverie-like-smile correctly. 

 

“Nothing manager Oppa,” I said quickly. “Are we finished here Oppa, Unnie? Yes, I think we are. As always you made me look good. Of course you do. You are the best. Thank you. Haha,” I have a fast monologue while gathering my things and standing up hurriedly wanting to go right away before the teasing becomes 3:1. People versus me. “Ok,” I pause and halt to take a breath. My face broke into a smile because the three people in front of me look funny. HyukSoo Oppa with a brush on his hand, smile lovingly like sending a sister to a date. YoungJang Unnie also smiling and wriggling her eyebrow non-stop like an accomplice knowing what will happen during the date, and there is my manager Oppa with a blank face looking back and forth from my face to their faces trying to understand the situation. 

 

“Have you got everything ready SeungYeon-aa?” manager Oppa gently reminding me if I got them ready once we settle in the car.

 

“Yes, manager Oppa. Do you think he will like it? Do you think this is too much? What if he got embarrassed with my present? Maybe he will think my pictures are childish,” I ask non-stop while looking at the stuff. 

 

“No he won’t SeungYeon-aa. I absolutely certain he will like it. How can he not? You made it yourself till late last night. I am sure he appreciate your sincerity,” he says reassuringly. 

 

“Kamsahamnida Oppa,” I smile to him through the rear-view mirror, appreciating his kind words. Then we fall to our comfortable silence as he navigate his way through Seoul traffic heading towards Gimpo airport. 

 

It has been about 3 weeks since I last saw him. We texted back and fro, even finally followed each other on IG, but not too much contact because the contract stated that we should try to limit it so as to capture our relationship’s progress through the show. So I tried to hold back as much as I can. Shooting and school also help to keep me busy. That is why only yesterday I had time to prepare for his presents since we are going to meet each other again today shooting for the show. I didn’t realise that it was already 2.00 a.m. when I finished last night. I even dropped my phone on the floor because I pack my things tiredly. Owh well, I worry about that later. I smile nervously looking at the bouquet of white roses and calligraphy scroll hoping he would love it. Hmm I wonder what we will do today. Maybe he will not be as loving as we were in Japan, after the ‘oversea-romance’. Will he hold my hand again since we are back in Seoul. I hope he does, maybe….just maybe.