Chapter 1

When Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your world is nearing its end.  Your people are crying for your help.  The gods have called for you.  It is time to wake up.

Rise. 

Stand fast. 

They are coming…

 

The ringing sound of his alarm clock drowned the melancholic voice in his head.  He stretched his left arm to reach and silence the clock on his bedside table.  With his eyes still closed, he took the clock, held it between his hands, and turned the alarm off.  After placing it back on his table, he rested his hand over his eyes.  His body was still tired from the martial arts training he had yesterday.  He wanted to go back to sleep.  But the voice in his head would not let him do so.

 

They are coming…

 

He tossed his blanket to his side and sat up, confused and annoyed at the same time.  He has been hearing the same voice and dreaming of the same dream for a month now.  ‘I must be playing online role-playing games too much.’

With a loud sigh, he dragged himself off the bed, walked to his bathroom and took a shower.  He closed his eyes, letting the warm water run on his body.  His mind started wandering.  He thought of his breakfast.  He wanted ham and eggs, but he’s too lazy to cook.  Bread and milk would do.  ‘It’s times like this that I miss my mom,’ he thought.  If he had a choice, he would go back to his country right there and then.  But he has to live away from home to fulfill his dreams.

 He took a deep breath to release the tension forming on his throat as loneliness filled him.  He shook his head and forced himself to think of something else.

 His training.  Yes.  The annual Wushu tournament is fast approaching.  Would he make it to the top?  He has to.  He was so close to winning the gold medal last year.  If only he wasn’t cheated on by his opponent.  He remembered how painful it was when his opponent deliberately did a head- on him before twisting his left arm then throwing him to the ground.  He recalled hearing a loud, agonizing scream.  Whether it was him or someone else, he could not remember.

That scream…  It was as if he was standing in the middle of the Wushu arena again.  The memory was so vivid.  He had the urge to cover his ears just to stop hearing it.  But he couldn’t.  It was in his head, echoing continuously.  His mind wandered from his memory in that Wushu arena to somewhere else… a place he had never seen before.

 

Everything was spinning in his head.  A blazing fire surrounded the place, consuming everything it could.  Screams, cries for help, and the sound of clashing swords and shields filled the air.  It was as if he was standing in the middle of a battle ground.

Lightning bolts came crashing to the ground.  The earth shook below him, making him fall to the ground.  Water came gushing from all sides as strong winds blew hard.  He knew he was going to drown.  He waited… but the water did not reach him. 

When he opened his eyes, he was dazzled by a bright light.  He had his eyes squinted, trying to see beyond the light.  A silhouette of what seemed like a man appeared across him.  The man was holding a bow.  It took a few moments before he realized that the dazzling light came from the bow the man was holding.

“Tao…”

He looked around as he heard someone call his name.  There was no one else with him, other than the man.

“Tao…”

The voice was growing louder.  He recognized who the deep voice belon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter