in all honesty

One

"Jessica?"

 

She drops the cup of coffee in her hands. There is no denial who that voice is. Slowly she turns around, her heartbeat ringing in her ears louder than ever before. 

 

"Sooyoung?" she manages to squeak, in a tiny, timid voice. She lowers the mask on her face till it shows , and the woman before her does likewise. 

 

They stay frozen for a long while before either actually decides to react. 

 

Sooyoung takes a brave step forward. "Are you free?" she whispers and puts her mask back in place. She does the same to Jessica's, which stuns the latter even more. 

 

She can only nod without speaking, like a mute. 

 

"I'll take you home," Sooyoung said and grabs Jessica's hand, only to be rejected with Jessica trying her best to resist. 

 

"No, don't bring me back to the dorm," Jessica immediately says, her eyes glaring with ice, "please," her tone and the look in her eyes soften to a plead. 

 

"Then I'll take you somewhere," Sooyoung suggests again after a slight pause. 

 

"What for?" Jessica cannot help but ask, as her heart breaks at the contact between their hands. 

 

"I miss you Jung Sooyeon!" Sooyoung suddenly shouts. "Do you not miss us, or even me, a single bit?" 

 

"Choi Sooyoung, no, this is not what you think it is," Jessica reacts strongly as Sooyoung begins to walk off in a fuss. She runs after Sooyoung who is stomping her way in the crowd with her head down, and she finds themselves ending up in an empty alley. 

 

The silence is almost deafening. The alley is empty, and they feel as if nothing else matters as they are alone. Sooyoung removes her masks, and Jessica follows suit. 

 

"Sooyoung, please, I do miss you," Jessica starts first, "I miss you like crazy." She courageously steps forward to Sooyoung until their bodies touch. 

 

Sooyoung flinches, and a look of pain immediately flashes on Jessica's face. The former starts to realise her mistake as Jessica backs off and turns around. 

 

Sooyoung goes up to Jessica and hugs her tightly from the back, planting a kiss in her hair. "Don't leave me please, not again," she is begging. 

 

Jessica turns around and looks into the eyes of the taller one. No words are exchanged, but in their eyes are only forgiveness, guilt and sorrow. Beads of tears start rolling from their eyes, from the feelings that are overwhelming them, important words unsaid. 

 

Jessica wraps her arms around Sooyoung's necks and holds the latter tight. Sooyoung places her hands around the girl's waist. The two find comfort in each other's warmth.

 

"I love you Soo, I really do," Jessica sobs into Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

"Sica," Sooyoung attempts to comfort her, "I love you too. You know that," Sooyoung rubs her back.

 

"I'm sorry for everything, I can't-" the words are stuck in , and she can't speak for the pain in her heart is intensifying. 

 

Sooyoung shakes her head, "It's not your fault, I'm sorry to have blamed you, we're all sorry," Sooyoung let's herself cry along with Jessica. 

 

The girls cry in each other's embrace, until the comfort was enough. 

 

"I love you, Sica," Sooyoung reiterates, running her fingers through Jessica's long hair. She leans in and lowers her head. 

 

Jessica gets the clue and lifts her head up, before their faces meet and they let their lips touch for a moment. 

 

As they gaze deeply into each other's eyes, Sooyoung removes her hands off Jessica and wipes the tears off the latter's face. 

 

"Soo, I love you," Jessica pours her heart out as more tears flow. She stands on her toes and lurches forward, her lips crashing into Sooyoung's. Sooyoung cups Jessica's face to deepen the kiss, and for a minute the two know, they are the only ones in this world, in their hearts. 

 

They pant after a long kiss, but Jessica's hands aren't leaving Sooyoung's. 

 

"This isn't farewell right?" Jessica asks, her eyes flashing pain. 

 

"Don't leave me again, please," Sooyoung earnestly replies. 

 

Jessica looks down to the ground. Sooyoung squeezes her hands for a response. 

 

"Soo, you know I won't," she answers in all sincerity, "and I'm going to show you," there is a tinge of of conviction in her voice. She lifts her head up and their lips fit nicely. She kisses the taller girl deeply, revealing all her love and passion for the girl. 

 

The beep from Sooyoung's watch indicates that it is already 2 in the morning.

 

"Baby G," Jessica giggles as the wipes the streaks of tears on her face. "I still have that too."

 

The girls smile in memory of the times when they were still nine. 

 

"I've got to go," Sooyoung unwillingly whispers. 

 

"Then go," Jessica says after a sigh, refusing to face Sooyoung. 

 

"Take care please," Sooyoung pleads. 

 

Jessica merely nods. "You too," she whispers, finally looking up. 

 

"Will you come back home someday?" Sooyoung never forgets to ask. 

 

Jessica halts in her movements. "Maybe, but not for now," she answers after a thought. 

 

Sooyoung nods in acknowledgement, despite the nagging ache of her heart. "Let's go," she then says. Jessica nods as a response but stays still even as Sooyoung begins to walk away.

 

"I love you Soo," she says before leaving. 

 

"I love you too, Sica," she replies after stopping her footsteps.

 

They look at each other from a distance, before Jessica finally says, "Text me."

 

Sooyoung nods, and those are their goodbyes.

 


 

 

This is not the end~ I've planned a short epilogue hehe