Eric's Dilemma

20/20

It started with a pair of specs.

Hyesung had been commissioned to wear glasses due to his failing eyesight, and since contacts were still not the trend during those days, the stylists decided to incorporate it into his look.  Almost immediately, he started the habit of self-consciously pushing back the bridge of his glasses with his pointer finger while his thumb rested under his chin.

That habit drove me mad.

I didn’t even know what it was that made it so appealing to me.  I was no fan of the geeky look, and I’ve seen other people wearing and pushing their glasses back, with little to no effect on me at all.  Yet, whenever he did it, I would catch myself holding my breath.  My heart would start to race, and a familiar heat would rise up from the core of my being, tingling their way to my fingertips.

More than that, there was a rise in curiosity towards the younger man, not that I was never curious about him before.  Only, the interest somehow morphed into something akin to a growing ual awareness, and more. 

I knew it wasn’t healthy.  After all, we were both men.  We both liked girls.  There shouldn’t be any reason for me to feel this way about someone I could more or less consider as one of my best friends.  Yet, the feeling was there.  An irrevocable feeling of wanting to touch and be touched.

Was it lust?  I had often asked myself.  Surely, it wasn’t something else—something more.  Maybe it was just something I needed to go through.  A phase.  Something that would eventually pass, because I’d be damned if I would have to feel this way forever.

One night, I finally got the answers to my questions.

It started like any other night out with the members, and ended with most of them literally crawling their way back into our respective homes.  Only Hye Sung and I remained sober—the former because he was the assigned driver for the night, and me because I didn’t trust myself enough with alcohol in my body, especially with how my hormones were acting up then. 

We were walking across the parking lot of my apartment building when he turned to me.  “You didn’t drink much today.”

All I could do was nod in reply. 

“I guess I didn’t have to bring you home then.”

“Well, we’re already here.”  I replied curtly as we both entered the passenger lift.

“Would you like to have a nightcap before you leave?”  As soon as I said those words, I knew it was a bad idea.  I may not be drunk, but I still had a bit of alcohol in my system, and being alone with him in my own flat might not work in my best interest.

Luckily, he was logical enough to refuse my offer.  “Maybe next time.  I still have to drive home, you know.”

At that moment, the lift halted, signaling that it had already reached my floor.  “Well, this is me.”

“Yep, see you.”  He replied as I stepped off the lift.

That would’ve ended an otherwise uneventful evening, had I left it at that.

But I didn’t leave.  Instead, I turned around, giving in to the need to see him for the last time before the elevator door closes.  

Our eyes met for a brief moment, before he shifted his gaze and pushed back his glasses.

Somehow, that became my undoing.

Before I knew it, I had pulled him out of the lift and pinned him against the hallway wall.

“E-Eric, what are you doing?”  Hye Sung stuttered, obviously bewildered.  He was struggling, but only faintly, as it didn’t really require much strength to maintain my hold on him.

 “I don’t know.”  Slowly, I released my grip on his wrist, knowing that as long as I didn’t do anything drastically stupid, the situation can still be salvaged.  Yet, I couldn’t will myself to move away from him.  Surprisingly enough, neither did he.   “Sunggie-ah, this may sound weird, but…”

I stopped halfway through my statement, not really sure of what I wanted to say, because I didn’t know what I wanted to do myself.  Do I tell him to let me touch him just once, or feel his cheeks for a moment, or would asking for a hug be better?  Somehow, none seemed to be enough to satisfy my curiosity, if that was what it was.  All those choices though will surely earn me a kick in the crotch.

Then, a sudden thought came to me, and I allowed a faint smile to escape my lips as I realized what I needed to say to, at least, make him stay.

“Sunggie-ah, can I borrow your glasses?”


 

A/N: First of all, I am really sorry! 

I know I should be working on "Coming Out" right now. I've been telling myself to put all other story ideas on hold until I'm at least halfway through my first story, but this idea just won't let me go! lol

To be honest, this was originally a super angsty story...I swear! But I just...well, I've had too much of angst, and I wanted to write something cute instead, or at least less angsty (I don't need another crying session, my eyes hurt as it is).  So, I decided to redo the whole thing!hehehe

I'm thinking of writing the next chapter after I am done with chapter 8 for coming out (is this alright? talking about other stories in my AN?lol). Anyway, hope guys enjoy this chapter enough to anticipate its conclusion!