001.

Untitled

A/N: Mistakes are all mine.

They’ve been busy promoting for their new album these past few days so it was only normal for them to feel happy and also tired at the same time, thank god their managers told them that today was their rest day. Everyone was happy hearing the news except the certain Ham for she hates to take a rest because she knows she’ll be acting all emo again. It’s been days since JiYeon’s dating scandal spread all over the news and internet. It drives her crazy. Now all she wanted to do was to make herself busy for she can at least forget about the heartaches for a little while.

It’s been weeks also that she’s acting all distant to JiYeon, little did she not know the maknae have been taking note on how Eunjung avoids her. The girl is acting as if she’s a fire that when she’s about to touch the latter she’ll burn.

It was a beautiful day indeed but Eunjung was feeling all shabby that’s why she decided to lock herself inside her room and sulk there while hugging her cute little moomin until a knock on her door made her came back from her sense.

“Jungie. Me and the members will go to the salon nearby and also go for a massage, wanna come?”

Eunjung slowly closed her eyes and mouthed a ‘No’ to Hyomin.

“Aish. Stop sulking will you. Anyway if you don’t wanna go, we’ll just buy you some food, okay? Got to go, see ya’ later” Hyomin cheerfully said.

Eunjung let a ‘whatever you say’ after opening her eyes, she tilts her head and was quite shock that it’s already 6 in the evening. Times surely fly so fast. She thought. After some time she finally decides to go out of her little haven she went to the kitchen and gets some chocolate drink from the fridge before going to the roof of their dorm.  Once she stepped a foot she can feel her heart calm. Such a breathtaking view.

She was so into the view that she failed to notice the familiar figure making her way to her spot. Eunjung let a small cute squeak when she felt the couch sunken. “J-ji” She breathlessly called out.

The said girl let her infamous smile “Hey” She said, her voice soothing as usual.

“I-I thought you are—“

“Nah. Too tired for that” Then Jiyeon let her back rest from the couch and stares at the now dark sky. “Why didn’t you go with the others?”

Eunjung let a grin following the latter’s gaze “I should be the one asking you that.” She said.

“As I said I’m too tired for that I rather go sit here and watch the beautiful sky and drink this” Jiyeon as always playfully shows her bottled milk to Eunjung. “So now it’s your turn to answer the same question”

“I just want to be alone” Eunjung softly muttered.

“Oh. Should I go out and let you stay here alo—“

“No, I don’t mind being alone with you” Eunjug didn’t intent to make her words sounds cheesy or even ingly romantic; it just turned out to be like that.

“Oh” was the only word that left Jiyeon’s lips.

Clearing Eujung continue to watch the sky as the starts to appear and twinkles. “How are you and Gun?” . Yeah. She mentally curse herself for asking that pathetic question, of course this girl is fine, she’s happy. Very happy.

“Fine” As expected. Happy now Eunjung? She mockingly asked herself. She let a nod and fakes a happy hum as she went back to staring and drinking some of her chocolate drink. The ambiance was good though they can feel the slight awkwardness creeping into them. “Is everything alright?” Eunjung’s brow furrowed hearing the questions that escaping from the maknea’s mouth  “I mean, are we all right? You, me, us?”

Eunjung scoffed a little too loud, Is there even an us? “What do you mean, of course we are okay, aren’t we?” the let a laugh trying to lighten up the mood but her stiff laugh failed to do so.

Jiyeon was now staring at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world “It’s just I feel like your distancing yourself to me, did I do something wrong?” the girl weakly asked.

Eunjung didn’t reply instead she reminisce the memories that she and Jiyeon shared. She failed to notice the look that Jiyeon was giving. “Can you hold my hand?” Eunjung was shocked hearing the request, why is she asking me that?

As if Jiyeon heard her thoughts “It’s just I miss having your attention and by you holding my hands makes me feel that I already have you…your attention” she shyly replied. With second thoughts Eunjung nodded and slowly reach for Jiyeon’s hands. How lucky Gun was to hold her hands every time they see each other.

Having Jiyeon’s finger’s interlock with hers makes her feel giddy and nervous. Her heart starting to beat as fast as it can though her face was still wearing an unfazed expression. What Jiyeon did next made Eunjung’s cheeks burn red for the girl’s head was now resting in her shoulders.

What was she doing, she shouldn’t be this sweet cause it confuses me, she’s giving me hopes again or maybe it was just me assuming things? Jiyeon. She was like a labyrinth, a maze worth being lost in.

“Are you happy with him?” Eunjung asked. The girl’s answer might break her heart but she didn’t mind because her heart was already broken since the dating scandal.

“Are you happy?” Jiyeon surprisingly asked.

Oh. How badly Eunjung wanted to say “NO” but she knew that she can’t do that. She can’t and she didn’t know why, what is the thing that she’s afraid of? Being rejected? Nah. She knew that the girl already chose someone else.

Jiyeon getting tired of waiting for Eunjung’s reply starts to trace some lines at Eunjung’s palm. Oh how soothing it was. “I miss playing with your fingers”

The red headed girl heard Jiyeon said yet she kept mum. “I miss your hands wrapping around me, making me feel safe”

The doe-eyed girl was now staring at Eunjung, “I miss hearing your sweet words, I miss our playful banter, our bonding time” She paused “I miss everything about you. Small things that he’s said to me within months of dating that you never told me in two years.” Words were like knifes piercing through Eunjung’s skin. It hurts.

“Those things that he said to made me smile but that doesn’t mean that I’m happy cause I will only be happy if you were the one who’s saying those words to me.”

That did it. Eunjung finally locks her gaze to Jiyeon’s watery eyes. “W-what do you mean?” She asked not minding to sound stupid for stuttering because what’s important now was what JiYeon’s words means.

Jiyeon lift her head up still her gaze focuses to Eunjung. “We are not yet item” she weakly shakes her shoulder and let a shaking laugh “So please don’t let him take me away from you” She said…begged.

Eunjung was never been happy until hearing JiYeon’s indirect confession. It wasn’t ‘I love you’ but it was ing good enough.

“You know I’m so impatient right? You should’ve confessed to me years ago yet you’re still having doubts whether I have feelings for you, I should’ve known that you can be naïve sometimes.”  Eunjung can feel JiYeon’s tight grip on her hand yet she stays quiet for it feels like JiYeon was holding her hands as if her life depends on it.

“I’m sorry” Eunjung said as she’s fighting the urge to hug the girl for rather lost in JiYeon’s sincere gaze.

“I don’t need you sorry” JiYeon mumbles, leaning her face closer to EunJung’s. “I just need you to say how much you love me and to stay by my side. Forever.” She said, their face only inches away. Eunjug can feel the hot breathe of JiYeon’s in her lips.

“I love you” Eunjung breathlessly confessed.

“And I will stay with you. Forever” She said. Closing that gap between them.

She knows that starting today, there will no longer depressing nights, lonely tears and broken hearts instead there will be more happy nights, smiles, hugs, kisses and overwhelmed hearts.  They know that they have a bumpy road in the future but as long as they’re together, they know they’ll surpass it, with smiles on their face and holding each other’s hands.

“You don’t know how much I love you.”

She giggles.

“I think I know.”