Chapter 1

Because It's You (Park Jimin Fanfic)

 

 

“Jimin-ah, are you going to be a famous dancer when you grow up?” I looked at the million blinking stars on the night sky. “Yeah, I’m going to be one of the best” he said proudly, looking at the same view. “You better be! Fly me outside the country to see you perform okay?” I looked at his face. “I’m going to buy you lots of gummy worms from all over the world,” I laughed at the fact that he knows my favorite candy. “You’re also going to be a famous singer, I know it already” he played with the grass. “How would you know? We’re still 15 years old, pabo” I nudged his shoulder. “I’m honestly saying this because I mean it, but you have a beautiful voice Ara” he fixed his glasses. “Psh, yeah right. Let’s not forget that I’m a pig too” reminding myself that the girls at school threw me names earlier this day. “How many times do I have to say not to listen to them!” he shouted irritatingly. I sat up and looked at the stars again. “Why can’t we be up there? It so beautiful, I can just forget everything and live peacefully” I said. “We’re meant to be here so we can search for our dreams, and shine brighter than the stars. I feel like it’s there to motivate us to be something better” he played with my hair. “As a 15 year old, you talk like a middle aged man” I joked. “Do I?” he laughed. “It’s getting late, we have school tomorrow” he stood up. “See ya tomorrow Ara, have a good rest” he walked away. “Bye Chimchim” I waved.

 

Next day.

 

I opened my locker to find more mean filled notes from anonymous strangers. I pulled the sticky notes from my locker and crumpled it into a piece of ball. “YA!” someone shouted. I jolted and looked at Jimin standing there, with his bright smile. “You gotta stop doing that” I held my hand to my chest. “No way, this is fun” he messed up my hair. I put the scrunched up paper behind my back, away from Jimin’s sight. Knowing him, he’ll never rest until he founds the person behind it all. “So… how are yo—“ his words cut off when Na Eun walked passed us. “What?” I observed his face and the person he’s currently gawking at. Of course it’s Na Eun, one of the prettiest girls in our school. From her smooth looking skin, pretty legs, to her long silky locks, what more can a boy asks for? I can only sigh. “Na Eun again?” I forced a smile. “Yeah… she’s so pretty” he practically drooled. “Better close your mouth before she looks at you” I shut the door of my locker and walked to class. “Ara-yah, wait up” he ran after me while looking at Na Eun’s back. Psh, I thought to myself.

 

I walk to English class, probably my favorite class of all times. My teacher is actually a foreigner from Chicago, America. It’s odd that he’s teaching at a public school, usually people from outside the country teach in private schools. He’s the coolest teacher I know; his teaching skills are helpful and fun at the same time. I’m fluent with the language due to the fact that I listen to a lot of westernized songs and read a lot of English novels.

 

“Good morning Mr. Aaron” I greeted. “Hi sir” followed by Jimin. “Good morning kids, nice to see you again” he smiled. We went to our assigned tables, Jimin was placed in front, and I was at the back. Though I love the class, I hated the seating arrangements, because I can hear whispers of girls talking about me. “Hey, here comes tweji (pig)” she giggled to her friend. I looked at the floor pretending not to hear her comment. “I think she got fatter, I can see her folds doubling” her friend commented. I took out my jacket from my bag and wore it. I saw Jimin walking my way and the girls immediately stopped and checked themselves out in their small mirrors. “Hi Jimin” they both greeted. “Oh hey” he replied. Jimin is known as the cute baby faced boy who is also a dancing machine. Girls loved his image, and his dancing of course. “Are you cold? You’re not sick are you?” he asked placing his hand on my forehead. “No, it’s just a bit breezy, I’m fine” I forced another smile.

 

Lunch.

 

“Ara-ya! Jungkookie is here” he sat down along with Jungkook, our dongsaeng friend. “Hey kookie” I greeted. “Hi Ara” he smiled. “Ya! Call her noona” Jimin flicked his head. “I asked him to call me by my name, we’re only a year a part anyway” I explained. “Oh haha, ok then” he laughed it off. Suddenly Jungkook flicked Jimin’s head back. “Now it’s a fair game” he commented as he ate his lunch. “Uh? Where’s your lunch?” asked Jimin. “Oh, I ate already” I lied. “Really?” he asked. “Yeah, you guys we’re so slow, so I decided to eat first” I joked. “It’s because of this punk, he’s always come out late from class” Jimin blamed Jungkook. “Whatever hyung” he mumbled, eating a piece of sausage. They carried on with their conversation, I was tuning out, recalling the hurtful comment towards me. “Ya, you know that Na Eun just broke up with Taehyung?” asked Jungkook. My ears immediately caught what he said, I observed Jimin’s face… and he looked like he just won the lottery. He kept blushing like crazy, looking like a pabo. “Hyung, you better make a move before she’s taken” he nudged him.

 

I was getting tired of the talks about her; I stood up and excused myself. I looked at the ground as I walked to the music room, my escape. I opened the door of the room and found a figure staring out the window. I couldn’t get a full look at him, since his back was facing mine. The door was making a creaking noise and he turned his head my way. Ifroze.

It’s Taehyung.

 

 

“I u-uh, I’m sorry, I’m going to leave” I stuttered, making my way out. “WAIT” he shouted. I opened the door again and faced him. “It’s all right, you can come in, I was just thinking” he smiled. I didn’t know what to say, I never talked to him. I slowly made my way inside the room. I looked around the room and no one was here. “Yeah, it’s only me” he scratched the back of his neck. “Aren’t you Ara? You’re the girl Mr. Lee kept talking about right?” he asked. Mr. Lee is our high school’s music teacher; he kept nagging me to join the school concerts, even a solo performance. Of course I turned it down. Talking to one person gave me anxiety; I can’t imagine facing the whole student body. “Y-yes, I’m Ara” I told him. “Nice to meet you, I’m Taehyung” he offered his hand. I shook it as fast as I could. “What are you here for?” he asks. “Well, I was going to play the piano.. but—“, “Play a song for me” he cuts me off. “E-excuse me?” I asked. “Play what you want to play” he continued. “I’m nervous” I confessed. “I’m going to face the windows so you won’t have to look at my face, is that a deal?” he offered. He kept pushing me, so I decided to give in. I nodded my head and sat down at the chair. He smiled and faced the windows, as he promised.

 

I took a deep breath, I think it was a pretty big one, because I heard him giggle. I pressed the keys lightly and the rest was up to the music.

 

Song: Because It’s You – Davichi

 

 

 

I keep getting scared because I love you

I worry that you might get farther if I get closer

So I can’t even talk like a fool

My heart grows faint at the thought of you

I just let out sighs and randomly laugh and cry

It hurts because of you

Because it’s you, because it’s you that I love

I can hold it in several times

Because I only knew you from the start

 

Because it’s all you, because it’s you that I miss, I love you

It hurts so much, it’s so hard but because it’s you, I’m okay

As I always have worried

I look at you, I wait for you and get exhausted

Because of you, I get sad

 

Because it’s you, because it’s you that I love

Because it’s all you, because it’s you that I miss, I love you

I keep getting greedy, I keep crying

Because its you, because it’s all you

 

 

I sung the song with my whole heart, thinking of Jimin. Fighting off the dilemma in my head, trying my best to wipe away my feelings for him. Just once, just a minute of clear thoughts is all I ask for. I finished the song. Is it what I think I heard? I hear someone sniffling… crying? Is he crying?

 

“Uh, Taehyung? Are you crying?” I asked carefully. He wiped his tears and turn to face me with his bright smile. “That was really beautiful Ara!” he applauded me. “Are you ok?” I asked again. “The words from the song reminded me of her” he said. We’re talking about her again? I was trying to escape from ‘her’. “I heard about the breakup, how are you doing?” I stood up. “The break up was mutual, she fell out of love, and so did I. But I just miss the memories we had together” he explained. “It’s like building a scrapbook. You just filled one page of your life, and now your going to continue to fill them in and look back on those memories.” I uttered. “There are many more days to come, good and bad” I continued. He just looked at me, without saying a word.

 

Bell rings

 

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, but I’ve got to get going” I said walking speedily. “Ara!” he shouted and I met his face again. “Let’s meet again” he said.