Chapter 3 - A rumour?

Forever and always in love with you (on hiatus, trying to finish off the whole story as i've left it this long. Sorry for the VERY late updates :-(

Sorry for anyone who's reading this fanfic for my being sooooo slow to update and also sorry for this chapter being quiet short (not that good). Hopefully I can update quicker this time (started second year if univeristy so i'm busy ㅠ.ㅠ.

 

*In the cafeteria at University/lunch time*

*“Hey ___ you’re a fan of Infinite right?”* One of my fellow classmates eyed me up during our lunch break.

I looked up at her in puzzlement, pausing with my right arm inside my backpack geared to get my lunch out of it.

*“Yeah why?”*

*“Well there are these rumours that another fan from this university saw Woohyun talking to a girl in a café.”* She quietly squealed.

I was just about to take the first bite of my sandwich I’d retrieved and opened from within a Tupperware box when I stopped upon hearing this comment.

‘Oh no she’s going to say that it was me and ask about what we talked about,’ I thought, shocked.

This expression was obviously shown as she carries on talking.

*“I know right. I wonder who she was and what they were doing together.”*

*“Wait so she didn’t see who that person was?”* I hoped secretly.

*“No, unfortunately she was on the bus and she happened to see him as it went by the café.”* She said as formed that of a small pouting face.

‘So she doesn’t know it was me then? Thank goodness,’ I sighed quietly with relief and took a bite out of my tuna sandwich.

*“So who do you think it is? An actress, a model, a singer?”*

*“I have no clue but I doubt they’ll be together again anytime soon.”*

I took another bite out of my sandwich and drank some of the water from my bottle.

*“Why do you say that?”*

*“Oh”* I stopped breathing for a second.

‘Damn I shouldn’t have said that. Now she’s going to be suspicious’

*“No reason, just intuition I guess.”*

*“Yeah I guess you’re right. They’ll probably want to keep it low profile and all that.”*

I released the air I held within my breath in a silent heavy sigh of relief, now able to relax. We left the conversation there and carried on eating our lunches before lunch was up. Thankfully.

‘To be honest though it is true. I hardly doubt we’d meet again anytime soon.’ I thought as I stood up ready to go to my next lesson.

….

*End of day at university coming out of the front gates*

I was walking on my own out of the front gates when I hear my name being called in the distance. It was silent as first, like a little buzzing noise of a bee, then it grew loud enough for my ears to pick up.

“___!”

I turned around and saw Holly and Chloe jogging towards me at a steady pace.

“Hi Holly, hi Chloe,” I say waving to them both, tiredly from the day at university yet enthusiastically, happy to see them both.

“Hey, we were wondering as we’ve all finished for the day if you could show us the café you found yesterday,” Chloe suggested.

“Err okay sure why not.” I shrugged. “Do you have some money on you?”

“Yeah I’m good,” replied Chloe nodding.

“Me too,” answered Holly.

“Okay then let’s go,” I motioned to them to follow my lead.

“So where is it anyway and what does it look like?” Asked Chloe.

“You’ll see.”

….

*Inside the café*

“I’ve got to admit ___ it’s really nice in here. I could see myself spending a lot of time here.... if there were more boys,” Holly said scanning around the warm aromatic room.

“To be honest I’m not really a café sort of person,” Chloe said as she shifted from one leg to another, a bit uncomfortable.

“Oh? Okay. So I guess you guys won’t be coming here often with me then.”

“No, sorry,” they both said in unison.

“Well you’ve always said you wanted a place to spend on your own away from us two every now and then and seeing that’s it’s only a few streets away from our flats I think it’s a great place for you,” Chloe explained motioning her thoughts with her arms.

“Yeah I guess, I never thought of it that way. Okay then this is my little get away, you two can only come here every now and then then deal?”

“Deal,” Holly and Chloe said in unison.

…..

When we finally finished our drinks and desserts we got up from our tables, bowed to the waitress working behind the counter and went to the front door to leave with a warm happy feeling of being nicely filled of delicious foods and drinks. Holly went through first, then Chloe, then finally me. But whilst I was coming out through the door I accidentally bumped into someone else. A person I couldn’t fully see with their hood up and head down, covering themselves up. I was surprised they could even see where they were going.

*“Sorry,”* I said bowing to the stranger showing my etiquette/manners whilst Holly and Chloe were walking on.

When I looked up I saw it was Woohyun with his hood up and a mask on, concealing himself from any fans noticing him. My eyes widened. He too looked shocked and looked like he was about to say something to me. He lifted his left hand as if he wanted towards my face as if to confirm something.

“___ come on hurry up or we’re leaving you here!” Holly shouts in my direction as herself and Chloe where about to turn the corner at the end of the street and out of my sight.

“Coming!” I shout back.

*“Bye.”* I bow to Woohyun.

He lightly bowed back and I ran quickly to catch up with a tired walking Chloe and Holly.

‘That’s two days in a row he’s been there. Shouldn’t he not have come? I mean there are rumours going around which have now spread all around Seoul about him meeting a ‘mysterious woman’ at the café. Why did he take the risk?’ I thought as I finally caught up with the other two completely out of breath........