Distractions

An Un-Sober Hour
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seunghyun couldn’t keep his mind off his newest patient. Throughout their first session they chatted about indy bands and venues in the area, and the conversation felt more like a first date than therapy.  He told himself it was fine—he was building a rapport with his new patient. Except they had never gotten around to discussing the reason Seungri has been referred to him.

 

Seunghyun had made a few attempts to steer the conversation, but Seungri was really distracting. Actually… now that he was away from the man, he wondered if Seungri had been intentionally avoiding speaking about anything serious. He hoped their next session on Tuesday would be more productive. No daydreaming about the singer’s smiling eyes or the way his suit molded to his body as he talked animatedly.

 

Reclining on his burnt orange velvet couch, a score from an estate sale down in Oregon, Seunghyun idly searched for clips from “The Y Factor” with Seungri. He soon discovered the young man went by the stage name “VI” and seemed to have a natural flair for show business—tons clips showed him smiling, engaging in playful banter with the other contestants, goofing around on set—and definitely a talent for both singing and dancing. Seunghyun found himself watching more of the behind-the-scenes footage of Seungri practicing long hours, his tank top clinging to his damp body, bangs pushed back off his forehead. There was a startling intensity in the man’s eyes when he danced, so different from the joking showman on stage.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter