fin.

The Empty Space beside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Daddy! Daddy!” Namjoon heard his little princess calling him as she tugged on his shirt. He looked down, smiling widely at the cute little girl standing beside him, “do you need anything darling?” The kid pointed to the ice cream parlor across them, “Can we have some ice cream before we go home?” “Hmmm,” Namjoon pressed his lips until it formed a thin line as he thought for a while, “well, why not? Besides, you’re being a good girl today.”

            The little girl cheered as she swirled around, she then stopped and pulled on her father’s hand, “thank you daddy!” “Anything for my princess, now let’s get our ice cream then we can go home and rest,” he ruffled her hair as the pedestrian lights turned green. Namjoon picked her up before he crossed the road and went in to the ice cream parlor his daughter pointed at earlier.

            The familiar cozy place made his heart beats faster, the nostalgic feelings hit him in the heart immediately. “Daddy?” the little girl called him, pulling his back from his useless thought. “Yes Haeri?” “Let’s go to the counter! I want to see the ice creams! Hurry!” she struggled in his arms, earning chuckles from the customers there. Namjoon walked over to the counter as they take a look at the ice cream flavors in the glasses fridge.

            “Waaah! There are so many!” Haeri’s mouth gaped open as she scanned the ice cream buckets with different flavor in front of her. A hand pointed to the bucket with Chocolate Fudge flavor written on the paper beside it, “if you like chocolate, you must try this one.” The very familiar voice made Namjoon looked up as he saw a man still in his 20s stood behind the counter, “good to see you again, hyung.” The older man gave the younger one a small smile, “you’re still working here, I see.”

            Haeri looked up to her father then to the employee, “daddy knows him?” “Oh, right. She’s my daughter, Kim Haeri. Haeri-ah greet uncle Jungkook,” Namjoon ushered her as the little girl bowed a bit, “hello uncle Jungkook, I’m Kim Haeri. And I’m four years old this year,” she put up her fingers to show the young man, earning chuckles from the man. “Nice to see you, Haeri-ah. Go choose your ice cream,” Jungkook ruffled her hair lightly, “it’s on the house.”

            “Really?! Then I want the Chocolate Fudge one!” she pointed to the bucket of chocolate ice cream that Jungkook pointed earlier. Namjoon poked her cheek as Haeri looked up to him with her big doe eyes, “say thank you to uncle Jungkook.” “Thank you uncle Jungkook!” she bowed as beamed excitedly. “She’s so adorable,” the younger man said, “still the same for you then?” he asked Namjoon as the older one nodded.

 

 

            “Waffle with two scoops Cookies and Cream on top, and one cup of Chocolate Fudge for Haeri,” the young man said as he took a seat across Namjoon and put their order on the table. “This feels just like the old time you know,” he chuckled but the older man remained silent as he pulled the waffle close to him. “Daddy, say thank you!” Haeri nudged on his side as she pouted cutely. Namjoon take a breath before he muttered a small ‘thanks’ to Jungkook.

            Haeri eat on her ice cream deliciously as she played with Namjoon’s phone on the side. Jungkook glanced at the little girl before turning his attention to her father, “how long you will distance yourself from us?” he asked in low voice, careful enough not to let the little girl hear their conversation. “I don’t know,” Namjoon leaned his back on the comfortable couch he sat on as he heaved a sigh, “it’s not that easy maknae.” Jungkook too let out a sigh before he called a girl name, a young woman Namjoon guessed in the same age as Jungkook appeared on their table. “Can you play with my niece for a while? I need to talk with Namjoon, it’s important,” the woman nodded gladly with a wide smile on her lips.

            “Haeri-ah. Your daddy needs to talk to uncle Jungkook for a while okay? You can go play with aunt Jisoo for the meantime, is it alright with you?” the young man asked nicely, lucky for him the little girl gladly agreed as both Haeri and Jisoo went to the playground for children on the corner of the shop.

“Hyung, really. You need to try to forget about that, it’s not your fault,” he started off. Namjoon still didn’t budge as he keep his eyes on his daughter who leisurely played with Jisoo. She looks so happy while playing with the woman, playing blocks on the carpeted floor. “Namjoon hyung, are you listening?” Jungkook waved his hand in front of him. “I’m the one at fault, I made your sister died because of our fight. If I didn’t throw tantrums that night, she won’t left the house, she won’t cross the road, she won’t be hit by that car. She won’t die Jungkook. It’s all my fault.”

“Namjoon hyung,” Namjoon turned his head to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter