minshua - 5 things mingyu does for jisoo

Our Spotlight

01.

Mingyu paces back and forth giving Wonwoo a headache so he throws a pillow at the younger. 

"Stop that, my eyes hurt!"

Mingyu catches the pillow instinctively and plops himself down on his older friend's bed. He gives Wonwoo a puppy-dog look, jutting out his lower lip. Wonwoo merely raises an eyebrow and sighs. He tries to muster up a voice that sounds like he actually cares for his friend's problems.

"What's wrong, Mingyu?"

"Do you think Jisoo hyung will like the present I got him?"

Wonwoo puts down his book on his bedside table and sits up. Mingyu stares curiously. 

"I don't care."

Mingyu gasps and starts shaking Wonwoo by the shoulders.

"Help me! I want Jisoo hyung to have the best Christmas and birthday like ever!"

"You know that whatever you do for him, he'll love it, right? He's, yanno, in love with you. I'll never understand why Jisoo hyung likes you or how, but whatever, you're fine, Mingyu." 

Now, Mingyu could get upset that Wonwoo pretty much insulted him, but he was much too giddy at the fact that Wonwoo was right. About the fact that Jisoo really did love him and no matter what present he got him, he'd love it regardless because it came from him. Of course, it couldn't be a really ty present, but still. 

"You're right! Thanks, Wonwoo hyung!"

"You're welcome. Now leave me alone to read."

"Wait, what outfit should I wear for his birthday?"

"Oh my god, Mingyu, shut up!"

02.

"Tell me again why we're here?" Mingyu gives Seungkwan and Chan a look before gesturing to the cookbooks in front of them to continue reading.

"You're gonna help me bake a cake for Jisoo hyung's birthday." Mingyu adds with a cheerful smile.

"And why should we do that?" Chan asks, only to receive a dark look from Mingyu. Seungkwan clears his throat and nudges Chan to shut his mouth. 

"Because if you don't, I'll tell Seungcheollie hyung that the both of you already opened one of your presents. I also have videographic evidence, so don't even try to deny it." 

Mingyu gives them a sinister look before smiling again and continues to mix ingredients together. Seungkwan and Chan share looks before silently reading the cookbooks in front of them. Sometimes, Mingyu could get really scary when it came to Jisoo. 

03.

Mingyu really enjoyed Jisoo's laugh. Jisoo's smile. Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo's lips. Jisoo's hands. Jisoo's everything. He was so in love and he had it so bad for his cat-eyed hyung. Everyone about it, but when you're in love, you're in love and you shouldn't try to fight it. 

He watches carefully as Jisoo skates ahead in front of him. He slowly makes his turn around the ice rink just as everybody else does, but something about the way Jisoo moves makes everything look so graceful and elegant. 

Suddenly, Mingyu sees Jisoo's head turn to give him a gentle smile and immediately his ears turn red and his face flushes pink with shyness. Jisoo slows down so he's skating at the same pace as Mingyu and hooks his arm around Mingyu's bicep. 

"Shouldn't you let me hold onto you so I don't fall?" Jisoo teases.

Mingyu clears his throat and sheepishly scratches at his cheek. "Even if you fall, hyung, I'll be there to catch you."

Jisoo laughs that melodic tune Mingyu is so enchanted by. "Well, aren't you just a charmer tonight, Mingyu?" 

He didn't think it was possible, but Mingyu fell more and more in love with Jisoo in that moment. 

04.

On Christmas Day, Jisoo opens his present from Mingyu and his eyes twinkle like the star atop the tree. Mingyu feels very accomplished and he gets a giant hug from Jisoo because of it. 

"Mingyu, I love it! You're the sweetest ever!" Jisoo places his hand on Mingyu's cheek affectionately rubbing it just how he likes it. 

Mingyu blushes some more and their friends give them hoots and cheers to kiss. 

Jun, being the devious friend that he is, hovers over Jisoo and Mingyu with a mistletoe in hand and obviously you can't break tradition. Everyone continues cheering and Jisoo and Mingyu share a look. Jisoo then wraps his arms around Mingyu's neck and pulls him in closer until their foreheads are touching. 

"Merry Christmas, Jisoo hyung."

"Merry Christmas, Mingyu."

They share a kiss under the mistletoe and Mingyu's ears match the color of the ribbon used to tie up the presents. Jisoo's cheeks match the color of Seokmin's new pair of bright red socks. 

05.

It's 11:30 at night. Thirty minutes until Jisoo's birthday. Mingyu and Jisoo are taking a stroll through the city, hand in hand. Jisoo is curious, ooh-ing and aah-ing at all the stores and at all the lights. Mingyu just watches in contentment at just being able to be with Jisoo like this. They make it to the park where there's lights all over the trees. The water fountain is as beautiful as ever. 

"Thanks for the best Christmas ever, Mingyu."

"I wanted to do it for you, hyung."

"What did I ever do to deserve someone as amazing and special as you, Gyu?"

Jisoo adjusts the scarf around Mingyu's neck and pulls him in close. Their warm breaths mingle together and show visibly in the air. They continue staring at each other, smiles adorning each of their faces. Happy as can be. 

There's only five minutes left until Jisoo's birthday, Mingyu notes. 

"I love you, hyung."

"I love you, too, Mingyu."

They kiss under the spectacular lights in a snow coated winter wonderland. They pull apart and Mingyu peeks at his watch. "Happy birthday, Jisoo hyung."

They share another sweet kiss.


Because I've been craving Minshua and it's almost Christmas and almost Hong Jisoo's birthday !!!! - u -b