Chapter 1

Troublemaker: Ms. Byun

 

A busy and hectic day at Park Corporations. Employees ran from one office room or cabin to other, trying to get their tasks finished before the end of day.

The evening sun gave off its last auburn rays as it proceeded to set behind the horizon.  Some of the auburn rays filtered through the blinds covering the huge glass wall of CEO’s office room, giving everything a soft unearthly glow. While the owner of the office sat at his table, hands running through his graceful grey hair and a frown played at his brows.

‘’I don’t get it’’, he roared at his secretary while flipping pages through a file, who happened to be standing right beside his high-backed lather chair. ‘’The stocks appear to be going down and down. What has been happening? ‘’

‘’It gives the impression that some of the ideas our company is presenting are very old fashioned’’, replied the questioned secretary, taking a seat in front of CEO’s desk.

‘’Old fashioned? That’s old fashioned?! It’s the trend we have been following for years and years’’, the CEO replied, shutting the file and throwing it in a desk drawer.

‘’I thought it would’ve penetrated your thick brain till now, Chanyeol, that people always ask for what’s new’’, the secretary said while crossing his arms.

‘’Well let’s say that people ask for what’s been a trend, and to make my point clear, its Chanyeol hyung for you, Kai’’, the CEO, Park Chanyeol, ends with a glare in the direction of his secretary, who shrugged in reply.  

‘’If it wasn’t for me and family’s relations, then you never would’ve gotten a job after graduation’’, Chanyeol expressed to his secretary.

‘’Alright, so basically you are saying that I should help in getting the stocks up?’’, stated the secretary to which the CEO nodded.

‘’Fine. I know a way. But I can’t promise it will work’’, said Kai.

‘’And what are you going to do?’’, asked Chanyeol.

‘’I’m going to send partnership proposal to Byun Enterprises’’, Kai replied while leaning back comfortably on chair with a smug grin on his face. But the CEO merely scoffed.

‘’And how’s that going to help?’’, he asked. The secretary leaned up from chair and inched closer to him.

‘’Hyung, Byun Enterprises is owned by my uncle from my mother’s side, and to be honest, they are the cleverest people I’ve ever known my whole 21 years of life. If you developed good relations with them then ZOOM! We will hit the top of charts’’, the excited secretary explained with enthusiastic hand motions.

The CEO stared motionlessly at the crystal paperweight at first before nodding in agreement.

 


 

 

Chanyeol read and re-read the strategies for upcoming marketing gala organized by the company he owned. He looked over and over again through the scheme of the event, but couldn’t find a single inaccuracy as to why it shouldn’t go successful. While the CEO was busy with his task, a bright pink Lamborghini halted before the entrance. The driver of the said car got out of it: first stepped out two 6 inches glittering black heels attired on two slender, stocking cladded legs. The driver put on glasses and stood on the smooth track towards the entrance door, gazing up at the tall buliding of Park Corporations.

The guard at the entrance opened the door unblinkingly as the anonymous passenger entered in, giving off an aura of fresh youth.

 


 

CEO Park crumpled the draft of additional and temporary plot then laid his forehead on the cold surface of his desk.

This is not going to work.

Just then, he hears the distant clanking of heels, coming closer to his office which annoyed him even more. He heard as the clanking stopped at the door of his office, a soft knock fashioned on his door, then the swinging of the glass door opening without his permission; he growled lowly.

‘’Luhan how many times do I have to tell you not to wear those annoying heels again and to come in only if I say you can-‘’

‘’Ahem…’’

The clearing of throat made Chanyeol pull his head off the desk slowly as he took in the figure of the anonymous person…

Two glittering black heels…

Black leggings…

Pink skirt…

Black cardigan over pink tank top…

Glitter, glitter and glitter…

Short height…

Dark hairs…

Beautiful face…

Entrancing eyes….

Alluring smile and a raised eyebrows.

‘’You must be expecting me Mr. Park, I’m Byun Baekhyun…’’’