Chapter 12/33

Perplexed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay so I'm back with an update at last. Finally got a day off work this weekend... I'm so tired. This is pretty short just because I felt like this was a complete chapter and ending it here made sense. I will make sure the next chapter is longer. :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy and thanks to everyone for waiting patiently. More TLDOS coming soon as well as some new TaeKey stuff that i'm super nervous about posting cause I never wrote Taekey before. eeeek.! Anyway, enjoy. x

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

All evening, Kibum couldn't stop smiling. He didn't even care that he stubbed his toe on the corner of his desk again or that his bed sheets were all ruffled up. Just the fact that Jinki had finaly made a move without being drunk left him feeling all bubbly and squishy inside. He grinned into his pillow as he squealed and flailed his legs around on the bed.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

A few streets away, Jinki was also thinking about Kibum, however, he was nervous and jittery as he realised that the back hug and peck on the cheek meant a lot more than the innocent gesture was supposed to. He hadn't planned to initiate anything, it simply happened on impulse. Now he kind of understood how Kibum had felt when he kissed him in the kitchen. Sometimes, the need is just too much and you end up acting on impulse. Jinki didn't regret his actions, he was smiling too when he returned to his mother's car.

“You alright Jinx?” his mother had asked.

“Yeah, why?” he responded with confusion.

“No reason. Did you get get some good news or something?” she asked again and saw the confused expression still lining her son's face; she elaborated
“You were smiling like the Cheshire cat not long ago.” she explained.

“Oh” Jinki blushed furiously “No, I've just had a good day that's all.” he replied, trying to sound nonchalant and failing.
He figured that his mother didn't believe him but none the less, he was relieved when she didn't push it any further.

Despite not regretting it though, he was still worried about what would happen when he next saw Kibum.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The next day at University, he found the younger boy waiting for him at the student union.

“Hey hyung! Over here!” Key shouted as Onew walked through the doors.

“Oh, hey Bum.” Jinki replied casually.

“I was waiting for you.” Kibum added with a small smile.

At those words, Jinki's heart rate increased and he wasn't sure if it was nervousness or something else that caused it.

“R-really, why?” Jinki swallowed as he sat down opposite Kibum at the small table.

“I just wanted to know if we were still okay for tutoring on Thursday?” The younger replied.

“Oh!” Jinki sighed in relief, he thought Key was going to ask him about what happened last night.

“Yeah, of course.” Onew said, now with an easy smile and less tension in his shoulders.

“Okay great! Well, I'm off to English so I'll see you at lunch if you're free.” Key said with his cute dimpled smile as he waved and skipped off.

'Well, that was uneventful' Jinki mused to himself and he was forever grateful.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The week moved along as usual. Jinki and Kibum were enjoying each other's company and nothing between them had seemed to change. Well, kind-of. Jinki's mind had certainly been changing a lot. He found himself thinking about Kibum around 90% of the time, he noticed the younger boy's sparkling eyes and dimpled cheeks. He found his eyes glued to the younger boy whenever he was around. It was fine at first because they were all hanging out together in a large group. It did cause one slight problem though...

“Hyung, you're staring.” Key said pointedly and with a bit of amusement as they sat on the younger boy's bed. It was Thursday evening already.

“Oh, sorry.” Jinki averted his eyes back down to the text book.

“It's okay, I don't mind.” Key mumbled as he scribbled down some notes in the margin of his book. Jinki would have missed it if his eyes weren't already back on the younger boy and watching him study.

He didn't know how to respond to that so he simply said nothing. He found it cute as Key nibbled on the end of his erasable pen, his lips pursed and brow scrunching when he didn't understand something.

“Jinki hyung, what does 'economical deficit in light of inflation' mean?” Key turned his head to look at Onew and immediately Jinki's cheeks flushed as he realised he was caught staring once again. This time though, Key didn't call him out on it and he just waited patiently with a concentrated face as he waited for an answer.

“O-oh uhmm, well – have a look in the back of the book. There is a glossary that might be useful. I always check that first. If it isn't there, then extra research is usually needed.” Jinki explained.

“Can't you just tell me hyuuuung? Pleaseeeee.” Key whined at the older boy.

“No Kibum, you need to learn how to figure things out by yourself. It will help you in the future.” Onew said in a very business-like manner.

“Fine...” Kibum huffed and turned to the back of the textbook. It took the younger a good while to figure out all of the terms but once he did, he beamed in accomplishment.

“Wow hyung, I did it!” Kibum shouted as he wrapped his arms around Jinki in an excited hug. As Key began to pull out of the embrace, he felt the older boy's arms tightening around his waist.
“Hyung?” He questioned into Jinki's shoulder.

“I'm not read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter