Fourteen

Day & Night

Chapter Fourteen


 

While Jiwoo was fixing Sangbae's vehicle, both Sangbae and Hyunwoo watched from behind the window. 

 

"She's way too nice," Hyunwoo said as his eyes followed Jiwoo's movements. "She can't fix the exterior, but she can fix the interior stuff."

"If you don't mind me asking, how long has she been in this lifestyle?"

Hyunwoo chuckled, crossing his arms. "Let's expose Jiwoo, huh? I'm joking. Anyways, she was born into it, so leaving it would be impossible. You might think it's whatever, but all she wants is to live like a regular civilian. Hence the reason why she opened a coffee shop, but living a double life isn't easy. Hell, life has never been easy for her and that's why I always worry about."

Jiwoo spotted them and smirked as she made her way inside the house. "Talking about me, Hyunwoo?"

"Yeah, I'm telling him about your weaknesses," he joked, putting his arm around her shoulder. "Done with his car?"

"I'm done, but still got a ton of work to do," she shook her head. "Tightened a few things and poured some coolant since he was running low on it; I can't fix the shattered glass and the doors, but I did order the glass, so they'll arrive in a few days. Once Jihoon finishes his job, he'll help fix the dents."

Sangbae bowed. "Thank you for helping me."

 

She looked over at Hyunwoo and raised her eyebrows, then walked away, leaving the two alone. It became too difficult to talk to Sangbae at this point since their relationship was strained. 

 

"You two seriously need to talk," she heard Hyunwoo say before leaving. 

 

Jiwoo was in her office while the others were having dinner. The maid had brought her food, but she left it at the corner of her desk, completely forgetting about it. She rubbed her eyes and leaned back against her chair as she looked up at the ceiling. With so many thoughts on her mind, she was completely drained, but just as she was about to shut her eyes, there was a knock on her door.

 

"Come in."

The person entered and apologized. "Sorry, was I interrupting?"

"No," she shook her head as she closed the files on her desk. "What can I help you with, Sangbae?"

"I think we should talk."

"About what?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I've given you an answer; are you here to tell me that you've moved on?"

He kept his mouth shut for a second, gathering his thoughts before he spoke. "I just don't know what to do."

"I've never been good at making decisions regarding to love, but I'm sure you have," she smiled, rising from her seat. "Do what your heart tells you—that's something that my father said when I was younger."

"Then what does your heart tell you?"

 

_____

 

Sangbae tossed and turned in his bed, trying to get into a comfortable position, but the answer Jiwoo gave him was stuck in mind like a thorn. She didn't give him the answer he wanted to hear nor the answer he had expected to hear. Her answer was much more complex than what he initially thought she was going say. 

 

"My heart tells me to wait for the right one," she said as she reached into her drawer."You thought that you were the only one that likes me? Sorry to break the news to you, but you're going to have to wait in line like everybody else. Here's an invitation to BigBang's party that will be held at Club LXRY on Saturday. I'll give you a chance to see how many guys you're competing."

 

 

How many guys he's competing with... He didn't think that there many, but when he stepped foot into the club, a bunch of men were in the VIP area and as soon as Jiwoo entered behind him, everybody's eyes turned to her. She stood next to Hyunwoo, who resembled a mafia boss. Her gang walked passed them and made their way upstairs. Sangbae and his gang followed behind, handing the security the golden invitation. Once they were in, he saw almost every single gang leader swarm around Hyunwoo and Jiwoo. 

 

"Is that your sister or your date?" G-Dragon asked, earning a chuckle from Hyunwoo.

"Sister of course. Where's Daesung?"

"Chatting with the others near the corner," he pointed, then turned back to Hyunwoo. "Why didn't you bring your sister along in meetings?"

Hyunwoo smirked. "She's not really into discussions."

"Ah, yes. Well, even though it's Daesung's birthday, we still have a meeting since we couldn't make it to the last one."

"Those cops are really digging deep."

 

Jiwoo walked away from Hyunwoo and the crowd, but still had three members follow closely in case anything happened. From her peripheral vision, she saw a few men approaching her. Ignoring them, she continued to walk to the bar and ordered a drink. 

 

"Hey, Hyunwoo's sister?"

"That's me."

"Wow, your drink's on me."

She smiled as she tucked her hair back. "Thank you..."

"Junyoung"

"Thank you, Junyoung," she said, reaching for the drink that was placed on the counter. "So, which gang do you come from?"

He placed an order before responding to her question. "I'm a lone wolf."

"Oh, you must be very skilled to go rogue."

He leaned in a bit closer and her members got defensive, but she shook her head and them, then faced Junyoung. "I think you're more skilled than I am, Miss. Jiwoo. I hope somebody starts trouble with you, so that I can witness your skills."

She giggled, then playfully slapped his chest. "You're so funny, but with Hyunwoo's men, I don't have to worry."

"Then until we meet again, Miss. Jiwoo."

 

He walked away and she kept her smile, but deep inside, she felt a sense of danger. Her eyes followed him, but soon he disappeared into the crowd. She finished her glass of whiskey, then got up and headed to the stairs, but another male approached her. Mentally, she could see herself rolling her eyes, but in reality, she smiled sweetly at him. 

 

"Hyunwoo's sister, hm?" he said, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her close to him. 

"Might want to be careful," she whispered, watching his arm rip away from her waist and being thrown to the ground by one of her members. "Told you so."

 

The male groaned in pain, but she ignored him and made her way downstairs. 

 

"There are eyes watching you."

"I love being the center of attention," she said, smiling. "By the way, how long are we staying here again?"

"Two to three hours."

She nodded, then clutched onto her bag. "More drinks down the hatch."

"You should invite Sangbae, boss," one of her members suggested as he spoke quietly. "It'll stop those filthy pigs from approaching you."

"Can one of you go fetch him for me? Thank you."

 

A group of females approached her and they looked as if they were eager to meet her. Putting on a smile, Jiwoo greeted them. 

 

"I'm CL of 2NE1," a blonde female said, bowing down slightly. 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jiwoo of... nothing actually."

She chuckled. "Might as well consider yourself a member of 9Lives."

"I'd rather not. This life isn't suitable for me."

"You may say that now, but later in life, you will reconsider."

 

Jiwoo said nothing, but only smiled before excusing herself. Showing aggression was the last thing she should do. Already, there was a crowd around, watching and listening. She heard the conversations going on, but paid no attention to them. Gossip didn't bother her and if they loved to gossip, she allowed them to do so. As she made her way to the table, another male decided to approach her, but she walked passed him and a member of hers shoved him over.

 

"Hey, did Hyunwoo not teach you guys any manners?" the male shouted, causing a scene. "They should teach rookies to know their place!"

Jiwoo turned around, but her smile faded. "You should be careful with what you say. It could cost you one day."

"Am I being threatened by a little girl right now?"

"Goodbye, sir."

"This little is threatening me," the man laughed, then reached his arm out. "How funny is-"

 

Appearing out of nowhere, Sangbae grabbed his arm and twisted it back, then picked him up and threw him against the wall. Sangbae glared at him and then turned his attention to Jiwoo and apologized to her.

 

"I'm sorry. I reacted a little too violently."

"Don't worry about it. I did warn him," she scoffed, then asked. "You busy? Maybe we can talk for a bit."

 


A/N

 

Oh my god, I'm sorry. I am so sorry. This chapter took forever! School has been ehh and I have an interview tomorrow, so I tried my best to finish this ch. today.