Restless

Restless

Author’s note: It’s been a long time ever since I posted a one-shot, and I prefer SeulDy at present, and I’m actually writing this on a “SeulDy” day.

 

Seulgi looked at the vaporous translucent window glass as crystalline and fluffy snowflakes began to plummet down on the narrow asphalt road. The said Seoul metropolis is embellished in pure ashen white color and Seulgi admired the wintry vicinity.

She sat down on the soft and delicate mattress of her bed as soon as she finished staring at the snowflakes intently like it was the most valuable and interesting thing in the world for her, well, it actually is.

 It reminds her of someone so crystalline or clear, so beautiful, so divine, and so fluffy all at the same time. She is always lost in thought whenever she thinks about that person and it’s completely irritating and weird concurrently.

“Seulgi-ah,” a familiar voice called out to her when she brought out her undisclosed sketch pad, and she concealed it beneath her Rilakkuma pillow as quickly as she could.

She looked at the person possessing the familiar voice and that person was definitely feminine and gentle; ideal blonde hair with cute and feathery hair fringes with perfect facial features. She is definitely the person whom Seulgi is crazy about.

 “Uh, Wendy…” Seulgi faltered as she stated the name of the one she admired the most.

“Yes?” Wendy gave her a beaming motherly smile as she holds up a yellow mug of hot chocolate, and the steam lingered in the air as soon as Seulgi is reserved in silence.

Seulgi knows that it is definitely wrong to like her own best friend. She kept her feelings for a long time and it was painful every single time she has the urge to confess to her… and knowing that Wendy can’t like her back.

“Seulgi-ah, you’re so preoccupied one of these days.” Wendy broke the silence with an adorable laugh as she sat down beside Seulgi.

Seulgi’s heart started to beat rapidly as soon as Wendy sat down beside her. It’s like her heart is distributing too much blood all throughout the veins in her body and it makes her want to explode.

Seulgi looked at her closely realizing that this distance is already enough for her. She kept on looking at her anxiously, wondering what the world would be like between them if Seulgi admitted her feelings to her best friend.

“Seulgi-ah,” Wendy, the conversation starter, said worriedly.

“It’s nothing really.” Seulgi muttered.

“You’re making me worried one of these days.” Wendy gave her a concerned look. “Here, drink this hot chocolate. It will make you feel a lot better.”

Seulgi took the presumed yellow mug and she gave Wendy an awkward smile. She looked at the rich light brown color of the hot chocolate and she started to drink it. The taste was always beautiful and Wendy is the only person who possesses that kind of trait wherein everything she does is always perfect. Wendy is completely aware that Seulgi loves hot chocolate with an abundant amount of milk on it, but Wendy’s hot chocolate tasted a lot better the way Seulgi made her own hot chocolate, which is funny of course.

Seulgi even questioned herself, “Is there something Wendy can’t do?” She’s a professional at everything, while Seulgi is just a simple amateur of basic stuff, and she considers herself a dumb bear.

“Thanks for the hot chocolate.” Seulgi thanked Wendy sheepishly.

“You’re welcome.” Wendy smiled at her once more, which made her faint more or less, but it’s a good thing it didn’t happen.

“Uh, Wendy I have to…”

“Seulgi-ah, it’s obvious that you’re hiding something.” Wendy interrupted and winked at her mischievously as she looked at the noticeable sketch pad beneath the Rilakkuma pillow. “You’re bad at hiding things.”

Yes, it’s true, Seulgi is really bad at hiding things, and it is also similar and related to “hiding her feelings about Wendy”. She always blushes whenever Wendy is beside her, and to make it simple, Seulgi ALWAYS blushes when she sees Wendy, but… Wendy is too intelligent to notice that, and she’s actually oblivious about Seulgi liking her.

The steam from the hot chocolate lingered in the cold winter air inside their room yet again as Seulgi decided to become silent for a moment. Wendy gave her a heavy sigh because of the continuous awkward silence.

“Seulgi-ah, drink your hot chocolate.” Wendy insisted and Seulgi drank it casually. “I guess I have to go now.”

Wendy stood up gradually and she started reaching for the doorknob. The door’s hinges began to make a creaking sound as soon as she went outside of the room completely.

Seulgi groaned exhaustedly as she placed the yellow mug on her bedside table. She looked at her sketch pad beneath the Rilakkuma pillow. She finally brought it out, and she started sketching her heart out.

 

Wendy’s intellect was flying elsewhere as soon as she went outside of Seulgi’s room. It was pretty obvious that Seulgi liked her, and it made her smile at the thought of it. She knew about it ever since, and Seulgi talks in her sleep a lot about her, which made her heart flutter, which is definitely off beam for sure, because it is certainly just Wendy’s assumption by herself. Seulgi might have been dreaming about Wendy in a different way.

Wendy was uncertain herself if there is a possibility that Seulgi liked her. “Seulgi will like me when pigs fly obviously.”, she thought, and it’s strange that Wendy is sensing that Seulgi likes her even though she knows the huge improbability. Seulgi is too innocent for such things, and so was Wendy.

 

 “Wan-ah,” Seulgi called out to Wendy, and it was Wendy’s cute nickname.

It was derived from Wendy’s Korean name, “Seungwan”. And at present, Seungwan is in a stationary dilemma for she is standing like a frozen statue in Seulgi’s path, which made Seulgi smile slightly, finding it really adorable.

“Oh…” Wendy said calmly and she gave Seulgi a shy smile. “I was absentminded, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Seulgi told Wendy and she blushed, and the redness of her cheeks was visible enough in her pale ideal white skin, which made Seulgi blush as well.

“What is it that you want to talk to me about?” Wendy impulsively asked her, and Seulgi’s cheeks turned a lot redder.

Seulgi has been experiencing serious insomnia one of these days and she couldn’t take it any longer, and it’s probably the reason why Wendy is always serving her hot chocolate or milk instead of coffee. Wendy told her that coffee contains caffeine that makes a person a little bit insomniac and it is somehow ironic because chocolate contains a little bit of caffeine as well.

Seulgi has been experiencing weird sleeping patterns as well, and she hallucinates every single time she wakes up. She is insensible about what’s going on with her system, and it’s freaking her out.

She always felt something empty inside her heart. She missed her family a lot, and they all slept on one bed or even on the floor. Every single time she looked at her sunglow colored mattress she always felt that there’s something missing… no… there’s someone missing.

She needed someone to fill her empty space, someone who would comfort her whenever she had nightmares, and she needs someone that she can wake up happily to, and the answer is right in front of her.

“I know this seems childish,” Seulgi paused and muttered uneasily. “You and I, bed, n—ow?”

Seulgi said her statement in a weird way and the entire atmosphere was filled with definite awkwardness.

 “Pardon me?” Wendy’s cheeks turned crimson red and she was fanning herself sophisticatedly like a British princess even though she came from Canada.

“I’M SORRY WENDY IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THI—“

“Fine,” Wendy said normally and she began to sweat in embarrassing pressure. “It’s about your insomnia, isn’t it?”

Seulgi gave Wendy a shy nod and Wendy looked at her in concern. Seulgi’s eyes started to water and she is instantly in the verge of crying. She feels burdensome to Wendy and it makes her want to cry in front of her, Seulgi is an angel and she’s really considerate of others.

“Seulgi-ah, if you’re in pain, you need to tell me about it.” Wendy took Seulgi’s cold delicate hand as a sign of comfort. “I don’t want to see you in pain.”

Seulgi wanted to include the pain she felt about the urge to confess about her feelings to Wendy and recognizing about the implausibility of Wendy liking her back, and it’s all too absurd in this situation at present, so Seulgi kept that pain in her heart for a little longer.

 

Wendy cooked a lot of food and she gave books for Seulgi to read as time began to pass by so quickly. Seulgi was completely stuffed and she had this feeling that she had already digested Wendy’s love for cooking for almost two hours of watching television on the couch with her. She finally decided… that it was time to sleep.

“Wendy… I…”

“I’m right here.” Wendy held Seulgi’s hand tightly and it eased the bear’s troubled heart.

“Wendy, I must sleep.” She told Wendy gently and in a straightforward way, and Wendy gave her an assuring nod.

Wendy insisted that she’ll take care of everything in the kitchen and she even turned off the television. Wendy wanted Seulgi to feel less awkward, because going to bed together… doesn’t sound too good.

 

Seulgi began to lie down on the mattress of her bed and she began to contemplate on random thoughts that can make her fall asleep, but unfortunately, none of those thoughts even worked.

 “Seulgi-ah,” Wendy suddenly called out to her tenderly. “I’m already here.”

Seulgi began to prepare her Pikachu blanket for Wendy as soon as the Canadian began to lie down with her. Seulgi blushed and it’s a good thing that her red cheeks aren’t visible at this time of night.

“It seems like I’m your mother.” Wendy laughed softly, and Seulgi smiled in agreement.

Seulgi wished that this exact moment could last forever, and it seems that it won’t if Seulgi confessed her feelings to Wendy. She’s really bad at hiding her feelings, and it is building up inside her body that makes her want to confess right away. She’s restless because of her insomnia, and it’s killing her. Her mind is cluttered with unsystematic things right now, but she is completely certain that she doesn’t want Wendy to leave her.

“Wan…” Seulgi held Wendy’s warm hand firmly. “Don’t go.”

Wendy gave her a gorgeous smile that can be seen through the vaguely luminous illumination of the moon through the room’s window.

“Don’t worry; I’m staying here, even if you fall asleep.” Wendy promised Seulgi, as she intertwined her warm fingers with Seulgi’s cold fingers. “I’m not leaving you.”

 

Seulgi seems to be fast asleep after Wendy comforted her all throughout her nightmares at this time of night.

Wendy doesn’t want to sleep at present, all she wanted was to watch the way Seulgi falls asleep. Seulgi is an insomniac that couldn’t sleep at night and she wakes up at 1 p.m. in the afternoon, it’s completely impossible to wake her up, but it’s all right for Wendy… she could watch Seulgi sleep all day.

“Seulgi-ah, sleep well.” Wendy caressed Seulgi’s soft face. “I’m going to say random things to keep myself up, so go to sleep.”

“Seulgi, I know it seems absurd, but I think I’m starting to like you. We have been best friends for a long time, but I guess I’m taking this to the next level, and you’re a dumb bear to be completely honest, and it’s cute.

I actually looked through the sacred sketch pad you’ve been hiding, and it’s really embarrassing to see my face on your sketches. I find it sweet and I was already jumping into conclusions.

I was really worried about your insomnia and I wish it would go away… and some part of myself tells me that I don’t want your insomnia to go away… Why? It’s because… we could stay like this… I would hold your cold hand and you would hold mine, and I would accompany you in your sleep.

I really love the way you sleep, but sometimes you drool so it’s already a different story, but it doesn’t really matter… because I only think about you.

If you’re pretending to sleep, or you’re awake, or you’re even listening, or you’re even really asleep right now… it doesn’t really matter as well. I just hope that you’ll like me back.”

 

Wendy was uncertain if Seulgi was sleeping or if she’s really awake… but it doesn’t really matter for her anymore. She began to close her eyes and she fell asleep gradually with Seulgi.

 She drowned herself with those thoughts as she fell asleep, hesitant of how Seulgi will react or respond.

It doesn’t really matter.

 

 

End.