My Angel

My Angel

"Chibi!" One of Daiki's three classmates told him while pushing him to the wall. He's only a grade five student but he's already being bullied. 

 

He felt his eyes water. "What's your problem with that?" 

 

One laughed. "You're the one who has a problem, small Dai-chan!" Then, his classmate tapped his head harshly. 

 

He started crying. "Why are you bullying me? I didn't choose to be this small!" 

 

The boys laughed which made him cry more. 

 

"What are you doing to him?" a serious voice asked. 

 

He wiped the tears in his eyes and saw a boy standing near them. He looks like he's the same age as them. He had a shiny black hair and pale skin. He's thin but his face looks scary. 

 

The boy pushed Daiki's classmates. "Leave him alone or else I'll tell our teachers about this!"

 

The boys hurriedly left. Daiki already stopped crying. "Thank you," he said as he wipe his wet eyes using the back of his hand. 

 

The boy smiled at him. "Don't let them bully you again." 

 

He stared at the boy and saw how angelic the boy's face is. It was scary earlier but right now, the expression in it is soft which made the boy looked kind. 

 

"I need to go," the boy waved before running. 

 

"Wait! What's your name?" He exclaimed. But it was already too late. The boy was already gone.

 

When he head home, he kept on remembering the boy. 

 

"Angel," he whispered to himself. 

 

"What is it Daiki?" His mom asked. 

 

He shook his head and run into his room. He felt his face burn and his heart race. He took a deep breath and smiled. 

 

His first crush... is an angel. 

 

 


Daiki entered their classroom and saw his new classmates. He sighed when he saw that almost half of their class are new students. He decided to sit on the chair near the door--second from the front and first from the right. 

 

Just a few minutes later, he saw someone familiar to him enter the room. It was his angel. He watched as the guy walked toward a chair, the second seat from the back of the window-side of the room. 

 

He felt his heart beat faster. From the past two years, the name of this guy was a mystery to him. And now, he'll know more of this angel. 

 

He stood up from his seat and walked toward the chair in front of the guy whom he was staring at. The guy didn't glance at him and continued staring at the window. 

 

What will he do now? Talk to this angel? He cleared his throat. But then, their adviser came. 

 

He sat properly but he secretly stared at the guy beside him. The teacher checked the attendance and he payed attention. He waited for the guy's name and just after a few minutes, it did. 

 

"Inoo Kei," the teacher looked around. 

 

The guy beside him raised his hand and his voice was still familiar to him. "Present!" 

 

'Inoo Kei. What a pretty name.' Daiki smiled to himself. 

 


 

It was already dismissal time yet Daiki is still at school. He was one of the assigned cleaners for the day and he told the others that he'll be the one who'll close the room. 

 

As soon as everyone is already out, he went near the bookshelf of their room and took the class profiles filed neatly there. He carefully search for a certain profile and after flipping fifteen pages, he saw Inoo Kei's profile. 

 

It was already two months since the first day but until now, he still hadn't talk to Kei but he wanted to know more of his angel. He read what is written on it. He took out one of his notebook and copied some of the informations there. Inoo Kei's birthday, address and email. 

 

When he's already satisfied, he put back the profiles. 

 

He saved Kei's email in his phone. When he got home, all he did was to stare at it and think if he should mail Kei or not. In the end, he decided not to. 

 


 

Daiki stared at Kei who's talking with some people. Somehow, he felt jealous. Why can they talk to Kei while he can't? 

 

After Kei talked with the other guys, he immediately faced him. "Hi," he greeted. 

 

Kei smiled at him. "Hello." 

 

What topic should he open? He cleared his throat and decided to just bring up the past. "Do you remember me?" 

 

Kei's eyes got smaller and stared at his face intently. He felt his face burn but he didn't do anything about it. Kei shook his head. "I don't know if I've seen you before." 

 

"I'm the one you saved from the bullies when we were in grade five!" He enthusiastically said. 

 

"Ah! I remember!" Kei pointed him. "You were crying back then. And you're so cute." 

 

He grinned. "Really? I can also remember your face. I thought you were weak because you're so thin back then." 

 

"I gained weight!" Kei chuckled. 

 

"And I gained height!" He said which made the two of them laughed. 

 

Beaming with excitement, he continued talking to Kei about random things. They're both random so they didn't run out of topics. 

 

Just after a few days, they became close friends. They had lunch together, walked to the library together and made projects together. 

 

Sometimes, Daiki is secretly writing love letters on his own book. He kept his feelings in a secret bag where Kei wouldn't see it. 

 

Daiki was very happy. Every year, he's sitting on his dream location--next to Kei. Until they became grade twelve students. 

 

He got jealous of the guy named Takaki Yuya. Kei was suddenly close to that guy. He wanted to grab his angel's hand and run across the school yard just to keep him away from Yuya. 

 

Whenever Kei is with Yuya, he felt a pain in his chest. Intense jealousy and painful yearning. With those feelings, he decided. He doesn't want to be friends with Kei anymore. He will confess soon. 

 

He tried mailing his feelings to Kei but he couldn't. Whenever he types, he felt like every word he's typing isn't enough. He tried saying it but whenever he starts, he couldn't find the next words. So he decided to confess using a love letter. And he'll give it when they graduate. 

 

 

Daiki and Kei's atmosphere is filled with silence. Both of thek are wearing their graduation clothes. Daiki can almost hear his heartbeat. He stared at Kei's eyes and suddenly, he felt like he couldn't move. And he saw that Kei somehow felt shy. 'Why is he feeling shy? I want to know! I want to know those feelings inside his chest. Does he like me too?' 

 

"I have something to give you," he started. He handed out the love letter and bowed. "Please take it." 

 

Kei took the letter with a smile. He saw that his angel opened it and started reading. He stood straight and watched as Kei's smile wavered and Kei's eyes got wet with tears. 

 

Daiki only had one thing in his mind when he saw that. 'I can't go back to being a friend anymore.'