More Than That

More Than That

Kei shivered when he felt like being watched again. He secretly glanced at the back and saw that all of his classmates are focused on the lesson their teacher is teaching. But he saw that one of his classmate, Yuya, was hiding a smile. Then, the school bell rang.

 

“Before you go, submit your assignment to Kei Inoo,” their teacher informed. The teacher looked at him. “After you collect, bring it to the faculty room.”

 

He sighed as soon as their teacher went out of the room. He’s always the one who the teachers ask to collect things that will be passed. He doesn’t know why. 

 

His classmates handed him all their assignments. He counted everything and realized that there’s still someone who’s not passing his or hers yet. “Who haven’t pass the assignment yet?”

 

His heart pounded when Yuya went near him. “Me.”

 

Yuya is his classmate who seldom talks. The guy doesn’t seem to have any friend either. But he could say that he’s the closest to his classmate. And he’s mysteriously attracted to Yuya.

 

“Need help?” Yuya didn’t wait for him to answer. The guy took half of the papers he is carrying. 

 

Amused by Yuya’s action, he smiled. “Thank you.”

 

The two of them brought all the assignments to their teacher. And as soon as the teacher thanked them, they went out of the building. Yuya didn’t say good bye and just left Kei alone. 

 

Kei rode his bike and headed home. 

 

 


Kei yawned as he shut down his laptop. It was already past midnight but it was a bit bright since it’s full moon and he’s still awake because he finished his report late.

As soon as his laptop was already off, he sat down his bed. He was about to lie down when he felt being watched again. He looked around a saw the curtain of his window being blown by the wind.

 

He narrowed his eyes. As far as he could remember, he closed the window as soon as he entered the room. Or maybe he wasn’t able to close it properly?

 

He stood up. His eyes widened when he saw a shadow from the outside.

 

“Don’t freak out. Don’t freak out,” he whispered to himself while staring on the window. 

 

The wind blew again and this time, he saw the man outside. After a second, his window closed and the man disappeared. 

 

With his knees shaking, he slowly walked toward the window. He moved his curtains and saw no one. But he knew that he wasn’t hallucinating. Even though he didn’t see the face of the man, he could clearly remember the guy’s eyes. Those were red.

 

 


Kei rubbed his eyes while opening his locker. He wasn’t able to sleep peacefully last night. After the incident, he got a bit paranoid and had a hard time falling asleep.

 

He took out his notebooks. He was about to close his locker when he saw a piece of paper. He narrowed his eyes and got the paper. 

 

‘I can’t stop it anymore..’

 

He read it repeatedly but he couldn’t process what is written. However, he’s familiar with the handwriting. He knew he had seen that kind of penmanship somewhere. He shrugged his shoulders and closed his locker. Then, he entered his classroom.

 

He had a hard time being attentive to each of his subjects. He jumped a bit when the school bell rang, indicating that it was already lunch time. He watched his classmates go out of the room. When he’s the only one inside, he decided to just sleep.

 

“You should eat.”

 

He slowly looked up to see who spoke. He immediately sat up straight when he saw it was Yuya. His classmate put down a plate of rice and curry that were bought from the school cafeteria on his desk. 

 

“For me?” he asked. He couldn’t help but smile. 

 

Yuya nodded and looked away. Then he heard his classmate whisper something but he didn't manage to catch the words. 

 

“Thank you,” he just said. 

 

Yuya nodded again and then left him inside the classroom. He found it a bit weird. These past few days, Yuya had been spending some time with him. 

 

But he’s liking it.

 


 

Kei finished all of his works earlier this time. And after that, he hurriedly lied down his bed. And just after some minutes, he fell asleep.

 

He heard the sound of the wind. He quickly opened his eyes and sat up his bed. Even though his eyes are still adjusting from his sudden waking up, he glanced at his digital clock. It was 4am. When he shifted his eyes from the clock toward the spot in front of his bed, could see someone standing.

 

With his heart pounding, he exclaimed, “Who are you?”

 

The guy didn’t speak. As soon as his eyes finished adjusting, he realized who that is. “Yuya?” He stood up from his bed and slowly walked toward Yuya. “What are you doing here? How did you enter my room?”

 

He stopped when he realized something weird. His eyes widened and he stepped back when he saw that Yuya’s eyes aren’t normal. They’re red and they seem like shining bright. 

 

“Yuya?” he whispered.

 

Yuya went near him and suddenly hugged him tight. He felt his heart beat louder. Yuya whispered in his ear. “I can’t stop it anymore. I cannot resist you.”

 

He was confused at first but when he saw Yuya parting his lips and showing two sharp fangs, he pushed his classmate. “No!”

 

And for the very first time, he saw Yuya smiled wide. The guy closed his eyes and muttered something. And in just a matter of seconds, Yuya found a way toward him again. Then, the guy held his chin up and bit his neck.

 

He felt the pain and slowly, he felt himself getting weak but getting ecstatic too. And unconsciously, he showed a puzzled smile. He doesn’t know what he’s feeling right now but he knew that it felt good.

 

“Very.... sweet.” He heard Yuya muttered a curse as he move away from him.

 

He felt dizzy. He touched his neck and felt some liquid on it. His knees were getting weak. With his eyes half open, he saw Yuya’s eyes staring at him. And soon, he felt Yuya’s arms embracing him and something soft touched his lips. Then he realized, Yuya is kissing him.

 

“Yuya,” he whispered in between their kisses. He wanted to ask what’s happening but he couldn’t find the right question to ask.

 

“Your kisses are sweeter, Kei,” Yuya whispered back. “They’re better than your blood.”

 

After their kiss, his body is slowly giving up. Yuya carried him and laid him carefully on his bed.

 

“Yuya,” he whispered again. Yuya’s sitting on the edge of his bed and caressing his hair. “What are you doing?” he sleepily asked.

 

He saw Yuya smiled. “Satisfying my cravings.” His classmate leaned closer. “But I don’t think I’ll be satisfied. At first, I’m really desiring for your blood. But now, I realized, I’m craving for more than that.”

 

He felt his eyelids getting heavy. Yuya’s image is already blurring.

 

“I’m craving for you. Not your blood but you.”

 

And then, he fell asleep.