Come home

Yearning hearts

 

Chanyeol sighed as he looked at his phone.
Still no new message.
The silver haired boy has been moping around all week, barely leaving the shared dormitory.
And as he wasn’t going out in public, he was allowed to have his favourite lockscreen activated.
Kyungsoo and him showing silly grins each time he pressed the power button to illuminate his phone.
Each time he checked if he had magically missed the loud beeping noise that would announce a notification.
But there was nothing.
Just Kyungsoo’s heart shaped smile greeting him.
The smile that Chanyeol missed so much.
Missed seeing those plump lips curling into that small smile, missed pressing their lips together in small kisses.
Running his hands along smooth sides, up and down that milky skin. Hearing Kyungsoo’s voice hitch when he brushed over sensitive spots.
Everything.
He missed his best friend, missed his lover, missed his soulmate.

Chanyeol had barely seen his boyfriend of so many years during the last week, just when he opened his eyes in the morning and Kyungsoo pressed a short kiss on his lips, before he left their shared bed to leave for filming.


That drama.
The elder knew it was important. His lover deserved that role, deserved the praise and all the recognition it would bring.
Kyungsoo was an amazing actor. He spent a lot of time with their acting teacher, and he just had that much of talent too.
Chanyeol knew what acting meant to his boyfriend and he loved watching his other half on big TV screens. The only thing that really about it was the part where he couldn’t grin all colours and rainbows announcing that yes, this man there was his boyfriend and that he was very, very proud of him.
That part really , but Chanyeol knew that before they got together. Admitted their feelings out loud.
Korea was their home, and they knew that somewhen in the future their love would be ‘ok’.
Until then, they were happy with what they had.

But missing your soulmate really, really .
Chanyeol felt the headache coming again and he couldn’t tell if it was his imagination or if the absence of Kyungsoo physically and emotionally was causing this.
He kind of hoped that it was caused by Kyungsoo, because that meant it would get better when the other would be back.
Chanyeol nearly doubled over then, as his phone made an obnoxious loud sound, the name ‘절친‘ flashing up in on his screen.

>Coming home early today<
It said.
Chanyeol’s heart thumped happily at that, the headache dissolving nearly as fast as it had appeared.

When the bed dipped later that evening, Chanyeol had already been asleep.
He went to bed early these days, but his sleep was light, so he always woke up when Kyungsoo slipped into the bed next to him.
“Baby”, he whispered, pulling Kyungsoo’s smaller body against his, warming him up.
“I missed you” he added then, not able to keep it unsaid.
The raven haired looked tired, looked really exhausted, but his eyes showed a happy gleam when Chanyeol murmured these words and the small kiss that followed told the elder that Kyungsoo missed him, too.
Soulmates always found back together, no matter how far they stray.
Kyungsoo always came back into his arms, and that was what counted.
“I love you”
 

A/N: I got inspired to this small drabble when Chanyeol talked about Kyungsoo being busy due to his acting~ That he is physically and emotionally far from him at the moment.
I hope they’re doing better :]

XOXO, Voltage