ONESHOT: Your Hero

Your Hero

It was my twelfth birthday. Bright colored tents were set up and there were people dressed up in colorful costumes. Children were running everywhere and the teenagers crowded the mosh pit area near the stage. What was the commotion there? With a video camera in my hand, I walked towards where the teenagers were.

I wondered why the teenagers were so excited and I just stood there waiting for God-knows-what. Seconds later, a girl came on stage and started throwing a fit. Is this girl insane? She must be recorded, I talked to myself and laughed. In the middle of recording, it occurred to me that she was not throwing a fit. She was a real talent. The Real Deal. Her moves captivated me. They were so fluid, so smooth, so effortless. It left me speechless. What I was recording was definitely not just any ordinary girl dancing.

"Thank you Gong Minji for you spectacular performance! Now, let's move on to the next item," the host said.

Gong Minji, Gong Minji, Gong Minji. I chanted her name as I ran out of the carnival venue. I cannot afford to forget her name. I sprinted home in excitement.

As soon as I reached home, I saw my dad doing his work on the computer. I pushed Dad aside and told him apologetically, "I am sorry Dad, this is very important."

Dad gave a chuckle and left me alone in the corner of the house. My heart was jumping up and down. Gong Minji, such an amazing dancer. I clicked on Internet Explorer icon and the homepage was already the YG entertainment's website. I transferred the video file on the computer and quickly uploaded it. Why did I do that? I didn't know...

Because of her, going to the YG building became a routine for me. I just had to go. It was a few weeks later that I saw her near the area of Sansu-dong. She must have gotten recruited, I whispered to myself and expected to see her more often.


For almost every weekday, I got to see her. Sometimes she would skip her way to the bus stop but sometimes, she would drag her feet there too. She would usually be in high spirits but on some days, she would not smile at all.
 

March 27, 2009, the song Lollipop was released by YG entertainment. It was a hit. Wondering what the Lollipop craze was all about, I watched the Lollipop music video. Then everything made sense to me... I saw her. Gong Minji. This was her debut and I was proud of her.


When she officially debuted with the group 2NE1, I began to saw her less often at the building but I understood that she is now an idol.

 



I felt tired to the bones but I just couldn't skip waiting for my dad at the entrance of his workplace.

Will I see her today? Will there be a smile on her face? I don't like seeing her frown. 

My heavy steps on the icy pathway just showed how fatigued I felt. Finally, I reached the entrance to the building. From far, I could see photos of her pasted on the plain dull white wall.

Soon, Dad came and tapped out of the building. "Let's go home!" Dad invitingly said.

But I did not get to see her. It seems like the atmosphere became all gloomy and especially dark even with the street lights flaring during my journey home.

 

After unlocking the door, I threw myself on the sofa and switched on the television. It was her. She was on a show, getting interviewed.

The host asked, "Minji, how did you get into YG? Did you audition?"

My heart skipped a beat at the question. Will she talk about the video? "For me, someone uploaded a video of me on YG's homepage and I was casted," she proudly said. The host responded, "That person must be Gong Minji's hero!"

She nodded in approval and added, "Yes, Gong Minji's hero."

She remembers me and I am touched. Gong Minji, will you love me if I reveal to you that I'm your hero?

 

Written by IN7JAN and edited by muffinsanddolls.

Hi, this is my second oneshot! I think I can have a sequel to this though, hmmm. Anyway, I am still in the midst of writing a super long Infinite fanfiction, I can't promise when this Infinite fanfiction will come out though. I just got an idea for an Skydragon oneshot, I am definitely going to write it soon, if time permits me to do so. Thank you!