Finale

I can't sleep

Jonghyun groaned feeling cold fingers poke his cheek.

“W-what?” Jonghyun muttered, not bother to open his eyes.
“I can’t sleep~” Key whined. Jonghyun could easily picture the adorable pout Key was sporting right now, so he pulled Key into a warm embrace and began playing with his hair.
“Why can’t you sleep?” Jonghyun asked. Key happily snuggled into Jonghyun, feeling relaxed by Jonghyun’s small gestures.

“I’m not tired I guess” Key sighed in response. Jonghyun yawned, closing his eyes again.
“Did you have a bad dream?” Jonghyun asked, forcing himself to stay awake for his boyfriend’s sake. Key was quiet for a little bit before nodding.
“Wanna tell me what happened or wanna hear a story?” Jonghyun asked, managing to open his eyes and look at Key, who shuffled so they were at equal eye level.

“You got eaten by a giant teddy bear...can you tell me a story?” Key replied, asking for a story, not wanting to say anymore about his rather unpleasant dream.
“I see...well then, there once was a land full of colour, except for two castles, unlike the rest of the land where every house had so many colours it’d take weeks to name them all, one castle was red and one was blue. In the blue castle lived a brave, charismatic, princess, she’d enter a war just to help her army, she was also handsome and had all the ladies in the land pining after her. In the red castle there lived a beautiful, graceful, kind hearted, Prince, he was loved by everyone in the land, always being given gifts or giving gifts himself, he wasn’t one for fighting, but he was damn good at cooking, singing, and even sewing, since he found them fun and interesting.” Jonghyun giggled, noticing Key’s interest in the story and deciding to pause.
“And~?” Key asked, trying to get Jonghyun to continue.
“And what?” Jonghyun asked, acting clueless. Key frowned, pinching Jonghyun’s side, earning a small scream.
“Fine, fine, the two knew of each other, but had never meet. One day when the Princess returned from hunting she found her mother sitting in her room, looking rather pissed. See even though the land loved the Princess and prince for who they were, their parents were less accepting. The King and Queen of Castle Blue wanted their daughter to be more graceful, and what as they would say she needed to be a ‘Proper Lady’ if she were to ever be married. Once again the Princess was forced into a dress, her hair being played with and done up, she was given extensions made from very fine hair, because the Princess had cut her hair into a very nice pixie cut, which her parents disapproved of. It’s not that the Princess hated doing these things, she found it quite fun, but she hated being forced into it and her parents trying to dress her up in so many things that she begins to lose herself. At the same time as all of this happening to the Princess, the Prince was in a similar situation. He was forced into a suit of what he mother and father referred to as ‘The true cloth of a noble warrior.’ and his hair had been cut, it was once curly and flowed to the point where it was resting comfortably at his collar bone, now it was short, the sides had been shaved, and he felt like crying, he loved his hair, and like the Princess he didn’t mind his parents gender stereotyping, when they weren’t forcing it on him or acting like it was the most important thing in the world. He wasn’t a generic prince and she was no generic princess, they were different, but they were happy that way.” Jonghyun sighed, running a hand through Key’s hair.

“Feeling sleepy yet, hun?” Jonghyun asked. Key shook his head, but he yawned which gave it all away.
“You sure? You just yawned” Jonghyun chuckled.
“Okay, I’m a little tired, but finish and then I’ll sleep” Key replied. Jonghyun chuckled, placing a small kiss on Key’s forehead before nodding in agreement.

“The Prince and Princess were uncomfortable in what they were wearing, but for their parents they’d would deal with it. The blue princess...we’ll name her Alex, and the red Prince, we’ll name him Eden, they were very different from the other people in the village. See most people were born certain coloured hair, the hair always followed a pattern, the pattern told people what traits that person would grow up to have. The people with blue hair usually turned into fighters, and were pushed toward it by society, and those born with pink hair usually turned toward a life where they could take care of or educate people in some fields. Obviously there were some who would dye their hair and choose their own path, some who saw nothing wrong with it, and others who were ruled by it in every aspect. However Alex and Eden were born with light purple hair. They were different and special. Neither followed the trait people tried to push on them, and both were very happy” Jonghyun nodded to himself. Key pinched Jongyun’s cheek.
“Jjongie you’re flying off topic...a good fly off topic, but I’m worried about what’s happening to Alex and Eden!” Key whined. Jonghyun giggled.

“Of course my dear, I just wanted you to get a better idea of how the land was run, anyway Alex found herself in the middle of town, it was decorated with streamers and stools, some balloons being held down by weights, Alex felt like she could relate to them. Then there was a loud chime and through the crowds stepped out the King and Queen of red, along with Eden. Even though they hadn’t meet they felt an instant connection, maybe it was the fact they both felt uncomfortable and like they needed to run away, but for some reason, without a second though, Alex ripped the end of her dress, grabbed Edens hand and grinned widely, pulling him away, Eden quickly followed the plan, begins to run in time with Alex, all four parents yelling for them to come back, but they kept running.” Jonghyun sighed in content. When the silence lasted too Long Key pouted.

“What else happened? You can’t end it there~” Key whined. Jonghyun sighed.
“They ran and ran, until they ended up at Castle Blue, Alex offering some more comfortable clothes to Eden as she changed out of her dress and into some lazy clothes. Eden smiled, taking the clothes and changing out of his suit and into the clothes provided. For the rest of the day the two talked and talked, Eden telling stories of people he’d meet, gifts he’d both given and received, and he even talked about his cooking and knitting, and Alex talked about her hunts and training, along with various details about running through the forest and the feeling of freedom. When the blue King and Queen arrived home they found Alex and Eden lying on the grass, the sky bathed with stars as night time took over, they quickly called the red King and Queen over, upon their arrival, the parents quickly got to scheming. Alex and Eden were going to be wed. When informed of this plan, both Alex and Eden saw nothing wrong, but they made one deal, Alex would be allowed to fight, hunt, and continue all her usual things, and Eden would be able to cook, sing, knit, and continue the things he usually does. Their parents agreed to this quite easily, they were glad their children had meet someone so unlike them, that they were actually completely alike, and Alex and Eden were happy to have fallen in love...and everyone lived happily ever after, they had four kids all as unique and all accepted.” Jonghyun sighed, finishing off his some what odd story, but who could blame him? It was 4am and he was trying his best to help his boyfriend sleep. Key yawned again, nodding when he’d finished and then placing a small kiss on Jonghyun’s nose.
“I love you” Key whispered, leaning his forehead on Jonghyun’s. Jonghyun smiled, closing his eyes.
“I love you too” Jonghyun replied. The room filled with silence until the sound of Key’s quiet snores were all that could be heard. That was until Jonghyun poked Key’s cheek and with a pout announced.

“Kibummie, I can’t sleep.”

---Fin---

Tada~ And there it is :3 I hope you liked it and didn't mind that Alex and Eden were really the main point, but I'm really tired, but as soon as this idea came to mind I had to finish it and it's like a late night ramble fic, but I'm gonna go to bed now so nighty night, I thank you lots and lots for reading and I'll see you in the next one ;3

-Nero