2/2

It Helps Me Forget About You

It's an uphill task, trying to win her back. The next morning when Krystal woke up, she left as quickly as she could when Kai was in the shower. At least she left a note.

 

Jongin ah,

Thank you for taking care of me last night. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble.


Soojung.


It wasn't much, but it was a good sign. After that, Kai tried his best to contact her, texting her and calling her every day. He realised that the later in the night he called her, the more likely she was to be honest with him. So he began to sleep later and later, talking to her and finding out more about the real Krystal behind that cool facade.

 

***

 

One night around two weeks after that incident, Kai was just about to call Krystal when his phone rang. He wasn't very surprised when the caller ID had Krystal's name on it, but it wasn't a very common sight since he was usually the one who initiated conversation. Picking up the phone, he prepared for a long talk about whatever was on her mind tonight, but he definitely wasn't prepared for what was ahead.

 

"Jongin..." Just with that one word uttered, you could tell that something was wrong. Before Kai could say anything however, Krystal hung up.

 

Left with silence on the other end, Kai brought the phone away from his ear and quickly stood up. Grabbing his jacket and car keys as he ran out of his house, the only thought in his mind that he had to get to Krystal before it was too late.

 

***

 

It takes Kai at least ten minutes to drive to Krystal's house. Ten minutes that he spends in agony. Is Krystal alright? Why did she call me? Thoughts kept running through his head and he had no answers to any of his questions. His heart was beating too quickly for his liking. What could she be doing now? Am I doing the right thing, driving over to her house like this now?

 

When he finally reaches her house, he doesn't even bother to lock his car properly before he sprints up the path to her house and lets himself in. The first thing he manages to make out in the dark is the sofa. And then he sees Krystal's still body lying on it.

 

She's not dead though. She seems more like she's passed out. Although that isn't a good sight, Kai's still comforted by that. Kneeling down next to the sofa, he takes a mental note of the empty bottles of wine and pats Krystal's shoulder. "Soojung, why are you lying here? Don't you want to sleep in your bed?" She briefly wakes, and her eyes open for an instant and stare up at Kai's face. "I... I was waiting for you to come. and I was waiting to see if you're finally missing me too."

 

Kai in a breath. He hadn't been expecting such honesty from Krystal, although he had a slight feeling of deja vu. "Don't you know that I miss you?" he hesitates, uncertain if his next sentence will be remembered by Krystal. In a low voice, he says, "I've missed you so much. I love you more than you know." And the next thing he knows, he's engaged in a drunk, sloppy, hot makeout session with her. 

 

In between kisses when they're catching their breath, krystal suddenly speaks. "I love you too, but I'm still so scared. What if one day you find someone better, someone who becomes more important to you? You'll forget all about me then." When he realises Krystal's still concerned about that, he almost laughs out loud at how ridiculous it is. "How could I find anyone better? I've only loved you and I'll only ever love you, Jung Soojung. You're the perfect one for me and I'll never give you up."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, I've finally updated this story and finished it. I'm really sorry for taking so long, I just couldn't find much inspiration to continue. I guess this is kind of like a belated christmas present for you all and I hope you like the ending. Thanks for reading! :-)