The nowhere bus

The nowhere bus

Baekhyun couldn’t believe it. How could someone spend three years of their life just pretending to like him? His “best friend” apparently.

 

~half an hour earlier~

 

“Look Baekhyun, you’re a sweet kid, but I really hate you and never want to talk to you again.” His best friend laughed with his new boyfriend as tears began to fall involuntarily.

 

~present~

 

Baekhyun needed to go somewhere. Where would he go? Nowhere. He found himself at the nowhere bus stop. The bus that circles the city outskirts going nowhere important, but everyone finds what they’re looking for. Maybe Baekhyun could find what he was looking for as well.

 

The bus pulled up in front of Baekhyun, who paid his fare and boarded, taking a seat near the back of the bus. His face was red and puffy from crying, and as he became aware of it, he began crying again, choking back his sobs so as not to draw attention to himself, tears freefalling down his cheeks.

A boy approached and sat down next to him. “Why are you crying? Stop it. I don’t like seeing people sad. I will make you stop. I’m Chanyeol by the way.” The boy cracked a wide grin which showed off his pearly white teeth.

“Baekhyun…”

Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.”

“Actually I don’t, sorry. Maybe you should be more careful.”

Chanyeol frowned.

“If you were a vegetable you'd be a cute-cumber.”

“Cute-cumber’s aren’t vegetables. Maybe you’re thinking of cucumbers?”

Chanyeol pouted and mumbled something like “You’re being really mean right now.”

“Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.”

“Actually I think it’s cotton.” Baekhyun replied, despite smiling a little.

Chanyeol saw the smile and grinned.

“Do you have a map? I'm getting lost in your eyes.”

“Jesus christ…” Baekhyun laughed slightly at how cheesy these pick up lines were getting.

“You laughed! My work here is done.” Chanyeol got up to leave, but Baekhyun grabbed his arm.

“W-Wait. Can I have your number? I… seem to have lost mine.”

Chanyeol burst out laughed. “Good one. I’ll only give you my number, if you remind yourself that you look beautiful when you smile.”

Baekhyun blushed and smiled before nodding.

Chanyeol grinned extra wide before copying down his number and giving it to Baekhyun.

“Well, this is my stop, so I’ll be going. Ah wait, I was wondering if you had an extra heart mine seems to have been stolen.” Chanyeol grinned when Baekhyun face palmed while chuckling, his tear stains were faded, and his mind became clear. “Call me sometime Baekhyun. I’d love to get to know you.”

“Y-You too.”

They waved at each other as Chanyeol got off the bus. Baekhyun got out his phone and saved Chanyeol’s number under a fitting name, before getting off the bus. He had found what he was looking for. He had found his Happy Virus.