Dongducheon, 1629.

Inferno





DONGDUCHEON, 1629
"Not All Pyrokinetics exercise control."
INFERNO: PART Iwritten by dellaburies


..

 

               In the early 1600’s, the heart of Dongducheon existed in the form of an empire that stretched to the border of the city. The city itself was under the jurisdiction of he who protected the citizens for six decades, Emperor Baek. As both the leader and chief-of-command, Emperor Baek’s control over Dongducheon remained in tact until the day he announced his youngest son as the kingdom's official viceroy. His son, Baek Jinheung, possessed the ability to take matters into his own hands when necessary, but the determination to bask in the prime of his youth was his biggest mistake. Jinheung’s perspective on certain regulations of the kingdom was not given the time to mature, minimizing his chances of understanding their purpose. This lack of comprehension would soon have grave repercussions for the entire kingdom.

               At the age of nineteen, Jinheung led a rebellion against his father to demonstrate his opposition regarding the discrimination against the lower class. Emperor Baek believed that maintaining a city of soldiers and industrious citizens would prosper both the business and the nation of Dongducheon. In contrast, Jinheung’s vision was to construct a government with the purpose of treating all persons equally. The disagreement between them resulted in the death of Jinheung shortly after the ambush failed to see the light of day. The hands of Emperor Baek’s noblest soldier killed Baek Jinheung during an attempt to shield the father from his own son.

               The entire city was held hostage by the mourning of Jinheung’s death. Not long after his funeral, the Empress fell ill and was secluded in her quarters for a fortnight and two days by demand of the Emperor. As he watched the life of his beloved wife hang by a thread, Emperor Baek realized that he was at fault for the tragic accident regarding his son. It was his refusal to allow negotiations that ignited the insubordinate flame in Jinheung, and as a result, his wife would soon meet their maker because of the immature dispute. He sent away his oldest son, Baek Weonseong, and his only daughter, Baek Sookja, to the closest village so that he could prepare to grieve over the death of his wife. But the heavens favored him and the ships that were sent to search for herbs and medication returned with a substantial amount. Soon after the miraculous turn of events, Emperor Baek made the decision to grant Jinheung’s last wish as his final tribute, thereby creating the Jinheung Proclamation of 1629.

               The gates of Dongducheon were soon opened for those who wished to migrate to the city in hopes of starting a new life. Emperor Baek welcomed all incoming individuals, penniless or prosperous, with food and supplementary shelter homes. Much to his surprise, the city began to flourish the way that he had hoped for when he was but a narrow-minded father. With peace among the citizens, the land of Dongducheon proliferated as the business industry spread to provinces that were beyond the city border. The architecture evolved from wooden construction to walls of stone, and many new foods were introduced due to the expansion of the city. In addition to that, a quarter of Emperor Baek’s riches were donated to institute a new organization that would soon build Dongducheon’s most renowned weapons of war: The Prime Blacksmiths.

               Included in this organization was a man who was recognized for mastering the sturdiest swords and armor for the soldiers of Dongducheon. Park Chanyeol was his name and, unbeknownst to everyone, his expert craftsmanship stemmed from his ability to create flames at the tips of his fingers.

 


 



          
inferno..
[dellaburies: 08.10.2015] Just a super short teaser chapter! Fret not, the future chapters will be a lot longer (if they aren't teaser chapters)!

 

 

.