Final

Maps

A/N - Jonghyuns POV

----------------

 

Sometimes I miss our life.

I miss our conversations about the future, our plans, and our dreams.

I think about them far too often. I really don’t know why, either, cause you left.

I sighed, reaching for my phone, scrolling through my playlist until I reached my favorite.

I stared at the screen, reading the name over and over, “Kibummie & Jonghyunnie ”, it read.

I remember he made it for me, Kibum.

I lightly tapped the playlist, scrolling through the songs that he picked just for this playlist until I found the one song I wanted.

The slightest smile grew on my face as a clicked the name, Swing Life Away.

It had been our song. Picked out by him, obviously.

I turned the volume up as loud as possible, throwing my phone aside and singing along,

“We live on front porches and swing life away,

We get by just fine here on minimum wage

If love is a labor I'll slave till the end,

I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.”

I sat up, running a hand through my hair, grabbing one of the many bottles that littered my nightstand.

I wasn’t sure what I was drinking. But I hoped it was strong, strong enough to get you off of my mind.

I always found it funny. How I was always there for you. I was there for you when you when you were at your worst. When you were drinking every night and popping pills that I didn’t even know existed.

I was the one who held you, the one who had their fingers down your throat when you were on the verge of an overdose.

Now it seems like the rolls have changed. I’ve picked up you old habits, only you’re not here like I was there for you.

Where were you last night when I was on my knees, my head in the toilet.

I would’ve been there for you and you know it.

Why did you leave? Did you really have to leave me like this!?

It wasn’t until I heard the shatter of glass that I noticed I’d thrown my bottle across the room.

Why did you have to leave me? Why did you run off without reason!?

I can’t take it anymore. Kim Kibum wherever you’ve gone, I’m following.

I grabbed my phone, stopping the song that was burned into my brain at this point.

I shakily clicked the one name I knew far too well.

“Bummie Baby~”

The silence of the room was cut off by the ringing of my phone trying to contact his.

I bit my lip as the ringing continued, then the voice I had been waiting for finally made its way into my ears.

“Hey this is Kibum! Sorry I missed your call! I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!”

Beep

That was my queue to let him know, wasn’t it?

“Kibum,” I started my message, “Bummie baby why did you leave me, huh!?” A sob forced itself out of my throat as I belted my feelings into my phone. “I was there for you! Where were you when I needed you, huh!?” Another sob let itself out. “What have you done to me? Bummie I hear your voice in my dreams and I see you in every crowd! Bummie I – “

A shrill beep from the other end of the line cut me off.

I laid back on my bed, punching the mattress beneath me.

 The beep of my phone pulled me out of my rage, and my phone was in my hand almost instantly.

I stared at the screen for what seemed like hours. The screen that said the name that I’ve been missing for so long.

I chewed my bottom lip as I opened the text, which said nothing except for an address. My eyes widened as I read it over and over, and before I knew it I was on my feet, sprinting down the street until I reached my destination, my hand was turning the knob of the painted red door in front of me, and my arms were around the one and only person that I wanted to see.

And when his lips touched mine, I knew I was done following the maps, and you were finally here for me.