1/1

Not so innocent coffee cups

Yoongi was not too proud to admit how addicted he had gotten to coffee over the time of going to university. The long nights of studying and also trying to keep up with just a slight personal life where he could do what he enjoyed (such as photography or messing around with making songs) was hard on him and it took its toll.

By him having to spend almost crazy amount of money on coffee, if not home brewed, which was expensive enough at it is, but also going into the newly opened Starbucks around the corner every morning before his early morning classes.

So far there wasn’t much to it; going to the Starbucks was just a morning ritual that Yoongi had to get his morning coffee, nothing more nothing less. But one morning that all changed.

It was as usual way too early to be up in the morning and Yoongi was feeling grumpy yet again today, so when he entered the Starbucks and saw that yet another young hopeful boy had been hired to stand behind the desk he sighed inwardly. Like he hadn’t already dealt with too many overly happy young men standing there serving him with too big of a smile and too much enthusiasm in their voice for this early hours.

Yoongi had a feeling this one would be even worse than the rest, already as Yoongi first entered the shop, it was quite empty for a Starbucks cause it was way earlier than most people would get out of bed, the boy behind the counter was smiling in his direction, eyes turning to thin crescent shapes as his smile looked like it would break his jaw.

Other than the huge smile plastered onto his face, the other did look quite handsome, red hair like fire parted down the middle to almost cover his eyes, but it was swept back in a way so he could still see, the black uniform shirt fairly tight on his body and the green apron suiting his build body quite a lot.

He looked, somewhat cute though, Yoongi felt a bit less grumpy seeing that smile, but oh my god did he want to wipe it off of the others face, it was too early and everyone should suffer until at least 9 am, school at 7, early classes.

Yoongi went to order his morning caffeine and with a grumble he got his order said and even though his grumpiness was clearly noticeable the boy behind the desk just kept on smiling, the redhead noted down his order and Yoongi paid for the coffee.

“And your name sir?” The redhead asked, and Yoongi also found his voice to be way too excited, it was too damn early to be so happily talking to others.
"Min Yoongi" Yoongi mumbled and the other noted it down.
"It will be done ASAP, please go sit down and I'll call you up when it's ready"  Yoongi left without saying more, he should maybe have said thank you, but Yoongi had never been a polite morning person so he honestly didn’t care.

Yoongi was browsing his phone while he waited, it didn’t take long, really it didn’t, but Yoongi was fairly impatient at the early hours so he tapped his fingers against the table after just a minute had passed as he looked at the clock on his phone every so often.

After a couple more minutes he was called up to pick up his order and the redhead happily reached out the warm cup to the blond that grumpily replied a short thanks before he was on his way so he could get to class without being late.

Yoongi didn’t check the name on the cup normally, but the redhead had pronounced it a bit funnily so as Yoongi heard the store door close behind him he glanced at the paper cup and his jaw almost dropped.

How stupid was the redhead to spell his name like THAT?

Min Yunki.

Prettily written on the white paper cup was ‘Min Yunki’ and Yoongi almost face palmed, how did the boy even mishear a double o as an u?

Yoongi didn’t really let it bother him for long though, once he was in class it was all happily forgotten in favor of having his face shoved down into the books and also typing out pages and pages of another assignment they had gotten in class.

When the cup was empty it was thrown out without Yoongi looking at it twice and the boy at the Starbucks was forgotten for that day as Yoongi’s need for energy in the morning had been satisfied.

 

It was repeated the next couple early mornings after that, Yoongi went into the Starbucks before classes, ordered the same kind of coffee and yet again the boy spelled his name wrong. At last Yoongi told the redhead that he spelled it wrong, cause yes, the boy might hear that a lot everyday but he might as well ing know how to spell Yoongi’s name if he is going to serve him coffee every day until he quits or get fired.

As Yoongi grumpily said that he saw the redheads smile fall a bit, it was the first time the other had looked anything but ing too gleeful so the reaction almost made Yoongi apologies, but the blond had more pride than that so he just walked out of the shop with yet another cup with a misspelled name.

 

Yoongi started remembering the redhead more, Jimin, his name was Park Jimin, it was on his name tag and now after just about a week Yoongi remembered it and also small details about the other, Yoongi would pick up on things like that Jimin was right handed, he flicked the o’s together so it was almost too hard to read and he had two kinds of smiles, the smile he gave customers smiling back and the smile he gave Yoongi. For 2 days straight Jimin had written his name correctly, but that hadn’t really made Yoongi happier to go there every day, he still only went there to get coffee so he could survive the first couple hours of school and nothing more than that, but Yoongi had to admit, he was starting to smile back whenever Jimin would not see it.

A few days more went by and while Yoongi’s name was now spelled correctly Yoongi had started to notice something, Jimin had started doodling drawings on his cups and on more than one occasion had it been doodles he did not feel like having standing on his table in school hours.

At first Yoongi didn’t pay attention to it, but when a girl in class glanced weirdly at his coffee cup he took a look for himself and there had the redhead drawn a really well copy of the well-known - drawing right there on the side of his cup right under his name. Yoongi had stopped checking the name, because Jimin had spelled it correctly a handful of times so that showed he remembered.

How many times had Jimin been drawing on his cups now without him knowing?
Had it always been -butts or was he doing other things as well?
now Yoongi would either have to tell him to stop or at least check his coffee cups before getting into class.

The inappropriate drawings went on for about a week, without Yoongi saying anything about it, he invested in a white out pen and a black marker to overwrite what Jimin had drawn and so far that was working, but it was getting bothersome.

So when Yoongi went to pick up his cup the following morning and saw yet another actually kind of well-drawn on his cup he had to voice it up.

“What the do you think you are doing to my cups?” Yoongi asked since the redhead wasn’t really that busy as to not have time to listen since yet again it was a calm day with not many people buying coffee at this hour.
“I am just drawing you on all of your cups so I know who they belong to” Jimin replied with an innocent smile. Was this kid literally telling Yoongi that he was a ? Well excuse you.
“What?” Yoongi replied dumbfounded at the others behavior since normally it wasn’t allowed to treat customers like this at all.
“Well you are always grumpy and rather rude, so I am just drawing what I think you act like on your cups. You’ve been going here every day ever since I started working here and most likely before that as well, and not even once have I been able to make you smile back, I greet you nicely every morning trying to make you smile, but I can’t and it annoys me because I am dying to see it and you won’t let me, so I am drawing on your  cups cause you act like a ing every morning” Jimin replied for the first time showing a grumpy expression to Yoongi and if Yoongi had to be honest he had never seen anything more adorable.
“What’s so important about my smile that you try so extra ing hard every morning to get me to smile?” Yoongi asked in return surprising the redhead with the question as a small blush crept onto the others cheeks.
“I just, you look like a person that would have a really beautiful smile and I don’t know… I want to see it” Jimin looked down into the counter and Yoongi really didn’t know what was going on, so once again he just ended up being rude as he just simply began walking away with a last commend being.
“You better try harder than this then…” and like that Yoongi disappeared out of the shop and worked on overwriting Jimin’s drawing before going to class.

 

During the following few weeks Yoongi noticed that the drawings turned cuter, instead of he would draw small figures, dogs or cats and sometimes the boy even drew hearts on the cup.

Yoongi started to realize that the redhead might be crushing on him, quite bad even cause one day his cup was literally littered all over with small hearts and as soon as Yoongi exited the door he broke into the biggest smile he had ever smiled, even though it was still early as and he was tired, but the cup had made his day.

After a few days more of these games continuing on, Yoongi decided to let the younger’s efforts be praised, so when Yoongi that morning received yet another heart doodled cup he was quick to grab Jimin’s hands before he turned to make another order and Yoongi smiled, smiled one of the many smiles he had kept to himself for so long, he had wanted to smile back to Jimin after just a couple weeks, and by now it had been months and Yoongi had to admit he was kind of sold for the other as well.

Jimin blushed and smiled back bigger than ever when he saw Yoongi’s charming eye-smile.

“Thank you Jimin” Yoongi said with a smile as he let go of Jimin’s hand and turned to walk out the door and that was the very first step taken for Jimin to be even the more wiped for the older. Jimin was smiling even more gleeful for the rest of that very day, because yes Yoongi’s smile had really been the most beautiful.

 

The day after, when Yoongi got his cup, had politely smiled and thanked Jimin once again and went to his campus. He noticed a combination of numbers under his name. Jimin had given him his number? Yoongi decided to test it out so right there in the middle of a class filled with intense note taking, Yoongi pulled out his phone and send a quick text to the number on the cup.

‘You’re so weird. Giving strangers your number on their coffee cups that could be dangerous’ Yoongi quickly typed and put his phone away again.

It wasn’t much more than 10 minutes later that Yoongi felt his phone vibrate, wasn’t Jimin supposed to tend to his work right now?

‘Yoongi hyung? You saw my number, oh my god I didn’t think you would actually answer’ Jimin had answered and Yoongi smiled down at his phone, at the words on it. Jimin was such a sweetheart. Yoongi hurried to once again type yet another text.
‘Jimin yah, don’t you have work to tend to? Isn’t there any customers?’ Yoongi typed and once again put his phone away, his notes a huge mess on the page as his focus was somewhere else right now. Yoongi could not hold back yet another smile as he felt his phone vibrate 5 minutes later.
‘There isn’t many orders right now and you are more important anyways, I wanna talk to you’ Jimin was clearly trying to cover up, but it still made Yoongi’s stomach do small jumps as he re-read the text a few times. Yoongi smiled, he got an idea.
‘When are you off from work today? Isn’t it about time we see each other outside of work hours?’ Yoongi was a bit nervous when he sends that very text, because sure Yoongi kind of had a feeling that Jimin liked him, hence all the heart covered cups he had gotten lately, but you do never know if you will be accepted when you ask such questions so Yoongi was getting cold sweat for every minute that passed by before he finally felt his phone vibrate in his pocket again.
‘I am off in about 6 hours and I’ll make sure to make time to my favorite coffee drinking hyung we will find something to do, I need to get back to work now, study hard hyung!’ and like that Yoongi put away his phone with a smile, knowing that after he was done with school he would have to meet the coffee brewing angel he had come to like a whole lot.

The rest of the day just flew by for Yoongi, his notes was a mess and what the teachers had said during the day forgotten as he rushed from campus as soon as the last bell rang. Yoongi was dashing to the Starbuck’s shop in hope to catch Jimin by the end of his shift, but when he reached it Jimin wasn’t inside or outside of the shop.

It was a bit late from the time Jimin had been off from work, but Yoongi still felt his heart fall when he didn’t see Jimin anywhere near the coffee shop. Yoongi looked around for about 5 minutes before he felt his phone vibrate. When Yoongi pulled his phone out his face lit up when he saw the text was from Jimin.

‘Hyung I am sorry I am running late, I thought I could run home and change and shower before we met up so I wasn’t all gross from work, I’ll be at the shop again in a few minutes, please wait for me’ Yoongi quickly texted back an okay and sat down at a bench neatly placed outside the Starbucks.

It wasn’t much more than 5 minutes later that Yoongi saw a certain redhead come running towards him, light skinnies ripped at the knees and an oversized black short sleeved shirt, Yoongi had to admit Jimin was just as handsome in casual clothes, maybe even more handsome than in work clothes.

“Hyung! Did you wait long?” Jimin said as he came close enough to Yoongi to be in speaking distance.
“No, no not at all I just got here myself” Yoongi smiles as he get up to greet Jimin and Yoongi did not expect Jimin to go for a hug, but he did and Yoongi didn’t really hate it, but it felt weird in a kind of nice way to have Jimin so close for the first time.

 

That day Yoongi had to admit he fell hard. As he got to know Jimin better he also realized Jimin was close to perfect in every way. He was warm hearted, kind, funny and innocent minded as far as Yoongi got to pick up, yea sure Jimin would hint at dirty stuff as much as the next one would but yet he had a childlike and innocent aura over him.

Many days passed with small talks in the morning, texts during the day, meet up’s a few days a week after school and slowly but surely they got to know each other better and somewhere down the line it all just happened to clash together and without many words it was decided.

Now Yoongi woke up even earlier to drop Jimin off at work, a small kiss planted on the shorter ones cheek or very short lingering kisses planted on his lips, followed by sweet smiles as Yoongi told Jimin to have a good day at work. Yoongi did no longer spend money on coffee from Starbucks in the morning, because Jimin brewed coffee for him early in the morning before he even awoke and then they shared coffee in the morning with sweet kisses and small nothings as they both cuddled in the living room until Jimin had to go to work and they both starts to get ready lazily.

Yoongi instead of sitting in the Starbucks met in even earlier to school, working on forgotten homework that was put back in fortune to spend time with Jimin and it all worked out very well in Yoongi’s favor. Yoongi worked his way back up to good grades and a good study rhythm.

After school Yoongi would be able to go home, find Jimin lounging in his living room sofa with a book or watching the TV and Jimin would greet him happily with a smile and demand a kiss. Yoongi would comply and kiss him shortly yet sweetly and afterwards excusing himself to do studies which he would always be distracted from.

 

Like that a new daily rhythm developed and Yoongi had to admit he had never felt this happy before, waking up to Jimin, coming home to Jimin and falling asleep with Jimin in his arms was everything he had longed for, the closeness and warmness and Yoongi felt the feelings being returned.

It was nice and to be hobest, it was also kind of cute and just to be even more honest, Yoongi had kept a fair share of the doodled coffee cups that survived the white out marker, he had even one with his name spelled wrong standing in his office space…

 

Min Yunki…

 


I FINISHED! :D
The ending is a bit weird, but I finished and I did try and do it in an okay time, but excuse me for being back in school and studies and ahhhhh D:

But this is a 3k+ fluff so that is pretty good and hopefully it all developed pretty well c:
I just got this picture in my head when I read the prompt and yea this was my idea ^^ HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING MY YOONMIN FLUFF!! :3

Please comment or anything if you wanna! I love talking with the people that takes their time to read what I write and LET'S HAVE FEELS TOGETHER!! D;

 

 

Please?