final

Don't Wake Me Up

The light of the sun entered through a window, blanketing two bodies in its warmth. A pair of eyes slowly opened, squinting at the initial intrusion of brightness. Wendy turned her head to face the bedside table, looking at the blinking digits in red. She groaned, deciding it was too early to get up and do something productive. 

 

When is it ever a good time, she thinks. Especially with a certain brunette curled up in her arms, she would never want to get up.

 

Wendy shifted carefully to face Irene. She gazed upon her, admiring the woman that she was lucky enough to have in her arms every morning. The younger girl lifted her hand and gently let her fingers trace the edges and curves of the sleeping brunette.

 

She was a masterpiece. A masterpiece created only by the finest of angels. A masterpiece seemingly given to me by the gods to fit my canvas. A whole gallery filled, but she was my favourite work of art.” Wendy mused.

 

The bright eyes that were on her and only her. Even in a crowded room.

 

The brilliant mind she loved to see working out a problem and the little pout that came with it.

 

The cozy arms that wrapped around her warm and tight, during lazy mornings like this.

 

The slender fingers that through her hair just as she was about to sleep. Sometimes tugging a little too rough when things got heated.

 

The cute little feet that would play with her own underneath the table during their little outings on the weekend.

 

The smooth legs that intertwined with hers, during days of lying down on the couch watching movies.

 

Even the little drool that managed to slip itself out of Irene’s mouth during a nap after a long day.

 

Everything about Irene’s whole being, Wendy absolutely loved and devoted herself to.

 

And her lips. Oh her lips. The luscious lips that Wendy could kiss all day if she could. They were also the lips that were currently moving?

 

Isn’t she asle-

 

“…Seungwan? Seungwan!”

 

“Huh?! Wh-what?!”

 

“You were staring.”

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it,” She blushed, “You’re so adorable when you sleep, my little bunny!” and Wendy proceeded to pull Irene even closer, to the point that Irene’s face was squished up against Wendy’s collarbones.

 

“Wendy, mmph!”

 

But Wendy kept going, even as far as rolling on top of her, engulfing the older one in a very extreme bear hug. Though bear hugs were more of Seulgi’s specialty, but Wendy begged to differ, arguing that she gave better hugs, especially when it came to hugging Irene.

 

“My beautiful blooming cabbage!” Wendy exclaimed, placing kisses all over the older girl’s face.

 

Irene squealed and laughed until Wendy pulled back and snuggled her in properly, placing a kiss on the crown of her head. Hands made their way up and down Irene's back, causing Irene to sigh softly into the younger girl’s neck.

 

"Don't you have work?" Irene asked, voice slightly muffled.

 

Work.

 

The reason why Wendy and Irene met in the first place. 

_______

Personal Assistant Irene's first day at her internship had mostly consisted of passing files between the CEO and the employees. Coincidentally, one of those files that day had to be delivered to Wendy. After scrambling up and down the workplace trying to find the supposed recipient, she stumbled into the CEO's office after finding out where the person she needed to see was.

 

"Seungwan, I need you to prepare a presentation for the rest of the board about the future state of our budget." the CEO stated.

 

"But, dad I-"

 

"Ms. Son!" 

 

Both conversing occupants snapped their heads at the barging newcomer. Irene's face turned immediately red as she realized the situation she interrupted. She bowed multiple times in apology, until the CEO signaled her to relax. 

 

"Seungwan, I don't think you've met Irene yet. She's starting with us today as my assistant." The old man chuckled.

 

Wendy, however, had completely tuned out her father's words. The moment Irene had opened that door, albeit a little loud, she could not stop looking at the new employee. There was something about her that made Wendy find difficult to look away. At this point she would've started to borderline gawk at Irene, with her eyes wide, mouth slightly hanging and whatnot, if it wasn't for her brain tuning back in. 

 

"...I came here to deliver files to Ms. Son." As Irene handed her the papers.

 

Oh my god, she doesn't just look like an angel she even sounds like one too. Wendy had thought, absolutely love-struck. Their hands touched when Wendy received the files and she had a pretty hard time trying to bite down her inner fan girl after observing the softness of Irene's hand. 

 

"Hahaha, well it seems like you had quite the energy in doing so Ms. Bae. Seungwan, why don't you show her around? You two are around the same age, so I'm sure you'll bond over things young people do these days. And don't forget about that presentation!"

 

_______

 

And bond they did. It didn’t take long for Wendy to spout out a clumsy confession with a blushing Irene more than ready to accept her.

 

_______

 

 

"No." Lies. Wendy did have work, but she just couldn't bring herself to get out of bed. Besides, getting out of bed meant leaving Irene and who in their right mind would ever do that. Although work is just for a few hours.. 

 

But still!

 

Irene scrunched her eyebrows, "Aren't you supposed to attend a meeting today though?"

 

How did she even know about that?!

 

"Uh.. th-that got pushed back. Yeah! Dad called saying that… Phew! No work yay! Hehe…heh…"

 

Wendy prayed to the heavens that Irene wouldn't notice the sweat that made its way down her forehead (a tell-tale sign that Wendy was lying) and if she did, she hoped that she would let it slide. All she wanted to do was cuddle and give her little cabbage some love, was that too much too ask?!

 

Irene gave Wendy one last doubtful look before she sighed and wiggled her way closer to Wendy.

 

She'll have to let her dad know that she wouldn't be able to make it today. He was pretty easy-going and definitely had a soft spot for them along with Wendy's mom, something about young love and how it reminded them of when they were young and in love. Wendy never really paid attention during their weekly family dinners; her mom's homemade food was the perfect distraction.

 

Besides Irene of course. 

 

The older girl who was now dozing comfortably in Wendy’s arms, back into dreamland.

 

Taking another look at her Wendy decided, asleep or not Irene looked ethereal in whatever she was doing.

 

Working under her dad sure did have its perks. Taking a spontaneous day off to cuddle with Irene was definitely one of them.