First

Princess from the Uncknown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

     They say that difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations, that after the storm comes the sunshine, to hold on tight to stand still and endure everything, that those long stretches of fear, disappointment, pain, and heartache are just brief, insignificant moments of time that will pass. But Hajar always wondered when exactly will her road lead her to the beautiful destination and when the sunshine and spring will find her... When exactly will all her difficulties, worries and struggles come to an end? will she, one day, find happiness with those she loves and love her back just as much?

 

      She sighed deeply for the nth time that day, lost in her deep thoughts the plate she was washing slipped from her trembling fingers and crushed to the the floor making it into pieces, she automatically banded down and started picking them up.

      "Yah You! Hajan or Hajar ... Or whatever your name is! Can't you do your job the right way?!" The restaurant owner shouted at Hajar.

      "I... I'm sorry boss, I'm so sorry, I'll... I'll clean it up..." She stuttered.

       "You're just sorry all the time and do nothing but cause trouble! "

       "I'm really sorry boss, I'll pay for the plates and ..." she pleaded while still picking up the shattered pieces of the plate not even noticing she got cut and she's bleeding.

       "Forget it and just leave right away, I don't even know why I let someone like you work in my restaurant! I can't bear seeing you around anymore. Leave!"

       Not having the straight to talk back anymore, defeated Hajar just drugged her feet to the changing room, she was deed tired it's been several days she only slept for 2 or 3 hours and didn't eat a proper meal, she wondered how in the world will she be able to pay her due bills, she sighed again, changed into her, not so trendy, clothes took her belongings then walked out. On the hallway she felt dizzy all of a sudden and almost fell if the restaurant owner didn't caught her hand.

       "Are you putting on a show now? This is not going to work on me just leave already!" he said dragging her out of the restaurant.

       She didn't say anything and left, It's not the first time she hears this kind of comments and It's not the first time she gets fired from a job anyway she just hoped she can get another one as soon as she can. walking on the street absent mindedly not knowing really where to go,It was getting darker and the street was getting busier, people dump into her and just walk away like if she was invisible, she struggled for a while before successfully getting out of the crowd, she ended up in a quite street only few people were passing by, looking around she noticed a job announcement in a coffee shop's glass door, a relief smile formed on her tired face for the first time that day.

       "Please, God, please make it work out,just for once let me be lucky..." She prayed closing her eyes and clasping her hands tightly.

       Hajar walked in and asked if she could get the job, one of the workers then kindly led her to the manager's office.

       "Mr Kim, this miss wants to apply for the job." He informed after a light knock on the opened door.

       "Oh! Yes come on in... Are you a foreigner? can you speak Korean?" said Mr Kim after noticing that the girl didn't look anything like a Korean.

       "I.. Actually my name is Hajar and I'm... Not a Korean. I am Arab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter