1/2

Black Pearl Tattoo Parlour

Black Pearl Tattoo and Piercing Parlor. 

 
 

MinseokSehun and Baekhyun stared at the intimidating sign. “You know when I said I was up for anything? Yeah, I take that back.” Baekhyun mumbled. 

“Well, I mean, it can’t be that bad, right? I mean people get tattoos and piercings everyday.” Sehun tried to shrug casually but you could see he was nervous. 

Minseok shook his head, “Let’s get this over with” and he opened the door. He led them in and over to the counter where a tall boy with a short sleeved band t-shirt showing his various arm tattoo’s sat behind, busy reading a magazine. Minseok coughed and the guy looked up, a massive smile graced his face. 

“And what can I help you gorgeous young men with this fine morning?” He eyed each one of them up and smirked. 

“Well Baekhyun and Sehun here want tattoos and I want a piercing.” Minseok told him, trying to hold his confidence even though if this guy stood up, he would tower over him. 

“Did you make appointments?” The man grabbed a book from the side. 

“Yeah, over the phone.” 

“Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun and Kim Minseok? That’s you three?” He raised an eyebrow. Minseok nodded. 

“Well I’m Park Chanyeol, a tattoo artist. Luhan is a tattoo and piercing artist but tattoos are what he’s better at then there’s Kim Jongdae, specialises in piercings. LUHAN!” He shouted towards the hallways and a smaller male came into the room with blonde hair and shorts that showed off a leg piece. He looked at them then at Chanyeol. 

“These the triple booking?” Chanyeol nodded. 

“So who’s getting tattoos and what tattoos are you looking for?” Luhan leaned over counter. 

“Well I want a small tattoo on my hip.” Sehun shrugged, not really sure what he wanted anymore. 

“And I want piece done on my right side.” Baekhyun grinned. Luhan nodded then turned to Chanyeol “Want to take the big piece? You have more patience than me with pieces.” 

“Yeah, sure. Baekhyun? Come with me.” He smirked and led him over to a set of tables and chairs to let Baekhyun describe his tattoo with a drawing that he did that night. 

“Oi Chan. Did Dae come in this morning?” 

“Not yet, he said he might be a bit late because of you know what.” 

“That boy can not handle his alcohol I swear, ing lightweight. Okay so Minseok? You might have to wait a while, Sehun, come with me.” Luhan led him over to another set of tables and chairs while Minseok went and sat on the couches provided to wait. After 10 minutes or so Luhan and Sehun had gone into one of the back rooms since his tattoo was only small. Chanyeol was busy redrawing Baekhyun’s tattoo when someone came into the stop with sunglasses on. “Hard night Jongdae?” Chanyeol laughed. 

“ off Yeol. My head is killing, can I go sleep in the back?” Jongdae leaned on the counter taking his sunglasses off, secretly thanking the boss for getting dark windows and no lights being on. 

“Not this time, you got an appointment.” Chanyeol nodded over to Minseok, who was absorbed in a magazine and he groaned. “Yo cutie, come on.” Jongdae shouted over to him, Minseok rolled his eyes when he realised that the male was talking to him. He put the magazine down and followed him into one of the back rooms.  

 

He jumped onto the seat while Jongdae opened one of the cupboards and brought out painkillers. He quickly took some and shrugged his jacket off, revealing a Rolling Stone’s vest shirt and his numerous tattoo’s. Minseok chuckled, slightly checking him out, and noticing the nose ring he didn’t see before. 

“You like your tattoos don’t you?” 

“Yeah, Chanyeol did most of them. You don’t like tattoos?” Jongdae questioned as he brought his needles out and started the sterilise them. 

“I mean, they look good but I never really got the courage to get one.” Minseok shrugged one shoulder. 

“You can trust Chanyeol and Luhan, best artists out there. Your friends are in good hands. So what piercing do you want?” 

“Maybe some sort of lip piercing?” 

Jongdae leaned over and grabbed an portfolio and handing it to the smaller to look through as he carried setting things up. Minseok looked thoroughly through the book and pointed to one. “That’s cool, do you think it’d suit me?” 

“Dolphin bites? Hell yeah, you’d look hot.” He winked and grabbed some plastic gloves and a piercing pen. “Do you want them further down your chin or under your lip?” 

“Under my lip’s good.” 

Jongdae motioned for him to lean back a bit and dotted under his lip, he leaned over and grabbed mirror. “That look okay?” 

Minseok looked at himself in the mirror. “That looks cool.” He nodded and gave the mirror back. “Right, lean back and we’ll be done in a second.” 

Jongdae grinned and added a bit of numbing gel to the area, Minseok breathed as he watched Jongdae set the gun up. “Just breathe, I can feel you shaking from here.” He laughed and scooted over on the leather chair. Minseok nodded as Jongdae took his bottom lip in his fingers. Minseok closed his eyes as Jongdae pierced through his lip, he quickly pulled away and placed a ball on the end. The second one wasn’t so bad and soon Jongdae was putting the gun away and taking the gloves off. “You’re all done.” He grinned and gave Minseok a mirror and a tissue. “Just be careful of the bleeding, it shouldn’t last long. Do you like it?” 

“I love it, thank you.” Minseok couldn’t help but stare at himself in the mirror at the foreign metal through his lip before giving the mirror back. 

“Here, take some painkillers. They help with the healing. Take them for a few days and remember to clean it with salt and water, try and avoid playing with them and don’t take them out for a few months to be sure.” Jongdae passed him a box of painkillers and helped him up and led him out to the empty main entrance to the desk.  

 
 

Minseok paid and leaned on the desk, Jongdae gave him a bottle of water to take the painkillers and looked around confusingly. “Shouldn’t your tall friend be done by now? His tattoo was only meant to be small wasn’t it?” 

“Yeah but he’s probably hitting on Luhan, or trying to get into his pants? Who knows.” The smaller laughed it off. 
“What made you decide on piercings instead of tattoos?” Minseok sat on the couch with Jongdae following him. 

“I feel more confident doing piercings than tattoos. I mean I can do tattoos, I am trained. But the good things about piercings is that they are not forever, tattoos are. And my drawing skills aren’t as good as Chanyeol’s or Luhan’s. However, sometime you should come and meet the whole team.” 

“Whole team?” 

“Yeah, not just the three of us work here. There’s 8 in total, it’s just us three today because there’s not many appointments. Suho and Yifan, they own the place together. Suho used to be an awesome tattoo artist then he broke his arm really badly and lost his steady hand so he can’t anymore but he comes in to see how we are and helps out at the counter. Yifan does tattoo’s and has some pretty badass tattoos himself. Then there’s Lu’s younger brother, Yixing. He and Lu trained together so they both are good at tattoos and piercings, but when Luhan decided to focus on tattoos, Yixing decided to specialise in piercings. Tao does piercings, I done some on him as well. Then Jongin who does tattoo’s.” 

“That’s a big team for such a small place.” 

“I know, Yifan and Suho have been looking into getting a bigger place and moving from here. Suho wants to move to a place where we all have our own rooms like an office. Since here, we all have our own equipment. Now all my equipment is in that room but if Yixing wanted to use that room we’d have to swap the equipment around. Having our own rooms would make it easier and we’d be able to have more appointments.” 

“Sounds nice.” 

“I don’t mean to sound rude, but what is your name?” 

Minseok.” 

Minseok? That’s a nice name.” Jongdae smiled. 

“Thanks.” 

That’s when Sehun came out with Luhan both of them smiling. Sehun paid and stood near the counter with him before turning around and noticing Minseok’s piercings. 

“Oh my god! Minseok, you look hot! Kyungsoo is totally going to want to you now.” Sehun walked over for closer inspection. 

“Who’s Kyungsoo?” Jongdae asked. 

“This guy our Min has had his eye now-” 

“I have not had my eye on him. You’re such a brat. He’s just a guy that I happen to like that’s all and I do not want to him.” Minseok whacked Sehun around the head. “Anyway, let’s see this tattoo.” 

Sehun lifted his shirt a little to show the plastic wrapped area, underneath was three black stars differing sizes going downwards on his hip. “Nice, how did you think of that?” 

“Very funny, where’s Baek? We’ve got a lecture in an hour and I’m not going to be late again because of that little .” Sehun placed himself in Jongdae’s space when he got up and joined Luhan at the counter. 

 

“Who’s on your day now?” Luhan asked laughing. 

“No one.” He replied going through the book, Luhan rolled his eyes as Chanyeol came out with client. “So when do you want the next appointment?” Chanyeol skipped over and took the book off Jongdae. The two discussed an appointment as Jongdae stared at Minseok who was in deep conversation with his tall friend. It wasn’t long when the three left, Jongdae pretended to be busy with something so he didn’t say goodbye which made Minseok confused but left happily anyway. 

“Dude, seriously, what’s up?” Luhan hopped onto the chair seated behind the counter. 

“I said nothing.” 

“Is it because that dude that you had said he was eyeing up someone else? God, Dae, you can’t expect everyone to be single you know.” 

“He is single.” 

“You only just met him, get a grip.” The blonde rolled his eyes and turned to talk to ChanyeolJongdae spent the rest of the day sulking. 

 
 

A month later Minseok came back with Baekhyun with another male with them. “Hey Chanyeol!” Baekhyun greeted with a big grin on his face. 

“Hey Baekhyun! Oh hey Minseok. Who’s this?” 

“This is Minnie’s boyfriend, this is Kyungsoo.” 

Jongdae, who was sat at one of the tattoo tables, raised his head to see the couple with their arms around each other. He lowered his head back to where he was drawing. 

“Oh, nice to meet you Kyungsoo. I’m Chanyeol. Anyway, shall we get started?” 

“Yep, see you guys later!” Baekhyun called to the two of them as he followed Chanyeol to the back. The two were heading out when Minseok spotted Jongdae, he smiled and skipped over to him with Kyungsoo in tow. 

Jongdae! Hi!” He greeted. 

“Hm.” Jongdae grunted whilst drawing, not raising his head. Minseok frowned. 

“What’s wrong?” 

“Nothing.” 

“Oh okay, I guess I’ll see you again. I want another piercing.” Jongdae could tell by the way he spoke that the grin had come back. 

“I guess.” 

Minseok sighed and headed out with KyungsooJongdae watched them leave whilst burning holes into the back of Kyungsoo’s head. “What does Kyungsoo have that I don’t?” He grumbled as Luhan sat next to him. 

“Clear skin? Nice smile? Minseok?” 

“Piss off.” 

“Come on Jongdae, you met him once. You said yourself you don’t believe in love at first sight.” 

“I know but it would have been nice to have a chance with him.” 

“My friend, not everything works out that way.” Luhan placed his hand on Jongdae’s shoulder only to have it shrugged off. The next hour, Jongdae and Luhan spent that time drawing random tattoo ideas and laughing them off. Chanyeol and Baekhyun came out and hung with them for a while as Baekhyun waited for his two friends. “You still sulking?” Chanyeol asked, Jongdae scowled at him and kicked him under the table. 

“What would he be sulking for?” Baekhyun questioned innocently. 

“He’s jealous of Kyungsoo.” Luhan perked up. Baekhyun burst out laughing and was nearly in tears when he stopped. 

“You like Minseok?! That’s great! I need to tell him.” 

“Why the hell would you tell? Don’t tell him anything, there’s no point if he’s got a boyfriend.” 

“You know they’re not even dating, right? Minseok’s parents keep getting on at him to get into a relationship so Kyungsoo offered to be a fake boyfriend. They are just telling everyone they’re dating to keep up the act.” 

Jongdae frowned more and started shading the sheet of paper. “I could hook you up?” Baekhyun offered. “Oh! Can I help?!” Luhan perked up. 

“Of course, we need a plan.” 

Jongdae rolled his eyes and walked into the staff room. 

 
 

The next week, Jongdae was sat at the counter. He hadn’t bothered looking in the book today as he was content on passing his clients on to the others. That afternoon had dragged until two people skipped into the store. “Oh, hey Jongdae.” Baekhyun slided up to the counter with Minseok in tow. “You’re getting more?” 

“Yep, it’s nearly done! Plus I like having Chanyeol’s hands on me.” The smaller winked at him and Jongdae pointed him to the back room and he skipped off. Minseok leaned on the counter and prodded the other in the shoulder. “Are you free?” 

“Maybe.” 

“Good, because I want a piercing.” 

“What kind?” 

“Tongue.” Minseok smirked when Jongdae looked up. “Okay, come on.” He took him into his room and set up his equipment. The older hopped onto the chair and relaxed into it as Jongdae messed around with the needles. “Okay, stick your tongue out.” He ordered and Minseok did. He doted on his tongue and brought the mirror over, Minseok nodded and Jongdae grabbed the gun. He carefully took his tongue and aimed the needle on the dot and pierced through it. He quickly screwed the ball on and turned to pack things away before handing him a tissue. 

“Just like your lip, it will bleed. You’re tongue will be slightly swollen and drinking ice cold water will help. Your tongue will be tender as well. Here’s a leaflet, it lists the thing you can’t eat or drink or do whilst the healing process, it also has treatment tips and how to treat it.” Jongdae smiled and threw his gloves in the bin before washing his hands. Minseok followed him out and into the main room where he payed. Minseok took a deep breath. 

“Are you angry at me?” 

Jongdae looked up at him “No, why would I be angry at you?” 

“It’s just last week when I came in with Baekhyun, you didn’t talk to me and you’ve hardly said a normal word that wasn’t about piercings today. Did I do anything?” 

“You’ve done nothing.” Jongdae carried on writing in the book to distract himself. There was a heavy silence over the both of them as Minseok shuffled on his feet. 

“Me and Kyungsoo aren’t together anymore.” 

“Okay.” 

“I decided I shouldn’t let my parents control my love life and I’ll be in a relationship when I want to.” 

“Okay.” 

“I mean I should fall in love with who I want and not have to pretend just to please them. I think the person I end up with would be appreciated by my parents.” 

“Okay.” 

“Fine! If you’re going to be like this, I’m going to leave. Thanks for the piercing, tell Baekhyun I’ve gone home.” Minseok rolled his eyes and walked out of the shop.  

 

Jongdae groaned and banged his head against the desk. “What’s up, Dae?” Yixing appeared with his brother by his side. 

“Is it a Minseok related problem?” Luhan asked, throwing an arm around him. 

“I might have pissed him off more and I might have messed up any chance that I could have had with him.” 

“Is Minseok that cute guy with the cheeks?” Yixing asked Luhan, who nodded. 

“How have you seen Minseok?” Jongdae frowned at him. 

Luhan showed me the security cameras. He’s cute, I’m sure he would understand.” 

“I guess we’ll never know because I doubt he’d want to come back here and if he does, it won’t be on my shift.” 

Luhan rubbed Jongdae’s back as Baekhyun skipped out. Baekhyun had come in regularly by himself to get his tattoo done and he smiled proudly when he came out with Chanyeol. “It’s all done! I’m so happy. Wait, where’s Min?” Baekhyun looked around. 

“He went home.” 

“Why?” 

‘Cause I pissed him off that’s why. If he comes in again and I’m not here, get Yixing to do his piercings. I trust Yixing. But be careful with him.” 

“He’ll come again when you’re here, don’t you worry. He normally isn’t pissed off for very long.” Baekhyun smiled, he paid and Chanyeol walked him out. Jongdae watched them outside as they whispered to each other before Chanyeol lent down to kiss Baekhyun, the smaller kissed back and flushed a deep red when they parted. They bid goodbye to each other and Chanyeol watched Baekhyun walk off before heading back inside. 

“Watching your boyfriend leave?” Jongdae asked and Chanyeol stumbled. 

“I-I don’t know what the hell you-you’re on about?” 

“I just saw you kiss each other. It’s fine, I was just wondering.” 

“Okay, me and Baekhyun are together, happy?” Jongdae nodded before Luhan spoke up. 

“Me and Sehun are dating too.” 

“Well that’s great. I hope you’re all happy with your boyfriends.” Jongdae mocked. 

“You need to get ing laid.” Chanyeol muttered which made the other laughed. 

 
Minseok didn’t return for another two months and Jongdae had started a part time course at a nearby college to gain more skills for drawing so he could further in tattooing rather than sticking to piercings. And soon he bought his own tattoo equipment and took on some of Chanyeol's customers so Chanyeol could have holidays. 

Jongdae was drawing up a customers tattoo who was in front of him giving him details when Minseok sauntered in with KyungsooJongdae finished off the piece and grabbed the piece of paper and led the customer into his office. Jongin was in today after his three week holiday and was sat at the counter. 

"Hello, I'm Jongin, how can I help you?" He flashed them a smile. 

"I was wondering if Jongdae was in?" Minseok leaned on the edge of the counter. 

"Yeah, but he's with a customer at the moment. Do you have a booking?" 

"Oh yeah, I booked with Chanyeol on the phone the other week." 

"Kim Minseok, piercing?" 

"Yeah." 

"I'm sorry that you're going to have to wai-" 

"Minseok! My friend, how are you?" Chanyeol came from the back and ran over to Minseok and hugged him. 

"I'm great, how are you?" 

"I'm fantastic, me and Baekhyun got a date tonight." He grinned widely. 

"I know, he won't shut up about it. He loves your date nights." 

"Yeah, taking it slowly. Anyway Jongdae's got a tattoo right now so he might be a while." 

"Tattoo?" Minseok looked at him confused as him and Kyungsoo sat on the couch. Chanyeol sat opposite on the table. 

"Yeah, he took some art courses and got his own equipment so now he's doing both. It's great, I'm getting more holidays! That was probably why you didn't see Baekhyun for a while, he was staying with me." 

"Good, I've been babysitting him for the past 13 years. Nice to pass him off to someone else." 

"Nah, I love having him around. Jongin! Get over here! This is Minseok and Kyungsoo. They've been coming here for a while." 

Jongin walked over and sat next to Chanyeol on the table. "Kyungsoo hasn't got anything, Just Minseok's got piercing, when you getting tattoo's Min?" 

"Ah I don't know. Anyway how long will Jongdae be?" 

"I don't know, Yixing's free if you don't want to wait." Chanyeol shrugged. 

"Well we've got a lecture soon so probably for the best." 

"Okay, I'll go get him." Jongin jumped up and went to Yixing's room. "He can do it now." He popped back out. 

"Cool, I'll be back in a second Soo." Minseok grinned and went to Yixing's room. 

 

"Hey Minseok!" 

"Hey Yixing." 

"So what made you come to me?" 

"Jongdae's got a customer." He hoped onto the chair. 

"So what's our favourite customer wanting today?" Yixing put the plastic gloves on and organised his things. 

"Well I already have my ears normally pierced but I was thinking of a tragus piercing in my right ear?" 

"Of course." Yixing grinned and got his equipment ready. "Can I ask you a question Minseok?" 

"Of course." 

"Do you like Jongdae?" Yixing paused with the gun in his hand. 

"A little." 

"Just a little?" 

"Okay, a lot. But he doesn't like me so it doesn't matter." 

Yixing laughed before doing his piercing. Minseok winced and Yixing put the needle down. 

"Ever since you said you were dating Kyungsoo, he's been a right piss-baby. Even when you told him you weren't together, he thought you were just rubbing it in his face. He doesn't understand, Minseok." 

"Are you saying I should make the first move?" 

"Maybe." Yixing shrugged before walking out with him. "Look, tomorrow he's got the day off but he normally pops in around 9 till 10 in the morning. Come and find him and talk to him and this one is on the house." Yixing rubbed his arm before bidding Minseok goodbye and him and Kyungsoo went back to school. 

Jongdae didn't take long with his customer and was sat back at the counter before he knew it. 

"Hey Jongdae." Yixing sided up to the other and elbowed him. 

"What do you want?" 

"I had Minseok today." 

"He came to you?" 
"Yeah, well you were busy. Anyway I had a little conversation with said person and this said person likes you!" Yixing sang and nipped his sides and he went to the left side of Jongdae. 

"He still wants a chance with me?" 

"Yes dummy! He really likes you. So I think you should come in tomorrow, maybe 9 till 10?" 

"I guess. Okay. I will." 

"Good. Now I've got to go to lunch, see you later." Yixing walked off and left the shop. 

 

Jongdae got to the shop early and sat in his usual place and waited. Around half 9, Kyungsoo came into the shop with Baekhyun. 

"Oh DaeMinseok wanted me to tell you that he couldn't come in to meet you however, he said it'd be nice to meet you at his work. You should probably take him breakfast, he rushed out this morning without food." Baekhyun winked as he leaned against the counter with Chanyeol on the other side. 

"Okay, where does he work?" 

"Pet shelter down the road. Oh, and he likes Kimchi pancakes and coffee." 

"Thanks Baekhyun." Jongdae ran out of the shop and to the nearest café. 

"Wait, didn't Minseok have his toast and coffee this morning?" Kyungsoo asked, looking confused from his seat on the couch. 

"What Jongdae doesn't know can't hurt him." Baekhyun shrugged him off before organising his appointment. 

 

Jongdae got two lots of pancakes, sauce and coffee before walking towards the pet shelter. 

He opened the main door and was greeted by an upbeat receptionist. "Hello I'm Sunny, how can I help you?" 

"Hi, erm, I'm looking for Minseok?" 

"Ah yes, he is in the dog section. If you go through these doors here, there is another set of double doors, he will just be through there." 

"Thank you." He bowed slightly to her before following her instructions. "Minseok?" He opened the door slightly with his hip. 

"Jongdae! You came." 

"Of course. And Baekhyun told me to bring breakfast." 

"I already had breakfast but I am getting kind of hungry." Minseok moved over to a cat cage and opened it up. 

"But Baekhyun said- nevermind. He told me to buy kimchi pancakes." 

"Oh my god. Let me just put Mars away and let the dogs out then we can eat." Minseok grinned as he put the ball of ginger fluff into a cage and went through another door to open the cages for the dogs to run outside. "Hey Victoria, can you watch the dogs?" 

"Sure Seok!" The woman in the next room smiled and took some toys and went outside. 

"Let's go to the staff room." Minseok led him to a small room with table and a few chairs. Minsoek motioned for him to sit down and took some plates and cutlery out and placed them on the table. 

"You didn't have to bring me breakfast, you know. We could have gone out." 

"No, it's nice to see where you work. It's cute that you work in an animal shelter, however I never would have expected it." 

"Not really work. I volunteer." Minseok poured the sauce on his pancakes and began to slowly devour them. 

"Can I ask you something?" Jongdae stopped before taking another bite to look at Minseok. 

"Of course." 

"Would you maybe want to do to dinner with me sometime? As a date?" Jongdae played with his food in nerves. 

"That would be nice actually." 
"Really?" 

"Yeah, university work is really stressful. Anytime that I get to relax is a saviour. So yes, I would love to go to dinner with you Jongdae." 

"Okay, okay. Good. I mean, great. So Mars?" Jongdae grinned. 

"Yeah, his original name was Fluffy but I though it was so boring and unoriginal so I named him Mars. When I get my own place, I'm going to adopt him since I can't have pets at the university accommodation." 

"That's so cute." 

"I try. So this whole, avoiding each other thing, it's going to stop? I can finally get my piercings done by you again?" The younger hinted. 

"Yes. Then again, wasn't Yixing a good piercer?" Jongdae joked but with a hint of sadness. 

"Yes but I'd rather you do it." Minseok smirked, Jongdae smiled and they both finished their food. 

"Why don't I introduce you to Mars?" 

"I would love that."