Find me in other locations, I'm just getting started around here. Archive of our own: http://archiveofourown.org/users/phoenixreal Fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5147710/ Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/phoenixreal
Hello and welcome! Thanks for reading and looking at my stuff, I’m very grateful for it! I’m Beverly L. Anderson, phoenixreal, and Amethyst Phoenix. I’m a writer, poet, artist, and a lot of other things. So here I figure I’ll explain a few things about myself, just in case you’re curious about me. I know people tend to get upset when people write about things that are as specific I do without being members of the groups they belong to.
I’m non-binary transgender, bigender with a male and female aspect, as well as a blended middle aspect that I live most my life in. I’m also a panual, though I explain to people my uality is typically male and dominant. This confuses people sometimes, mostly because they’ve never met someone who identifies this way. This is part of the reason most my writing is slash/. I write a lot with pairings that both have bits, so it isn’t a matter of gender so much as the physical bits. I can, and will occasionally, write about those with bits, but because of my own sense of dysphoria with my own bits, I prefer not to write those characters unless I’m in the appropriate headspace. Yes, I use the words bits. Deal.
I am a kinkster. When I use this word, I refer to myself as someone who is not a full-time member of the lifestyle. I know, there are a dozen “definitions” of kinksters, one of which is just a synonym for “”. Honestly, that’s not what it means anymore if you’re active in modern or online scenes, but define it however you like. My self-identification, so it can mean whatever I define it as. I am a switch in , meaning I am both Dominant and submissive. I’m still exploring my submissive side, but I’m leaning toward an inclination that I’m a little or pet, but we’ll see. As a Domme, I’ve done control, humiliation, and ing. I’ve done this vis Skype as I don’t have a scene locally. I work with my dearest uke, Wolf, AKA Kenyon Y. Hunt, who is my co-author on my original Chains of Fate Series. She is a switch herself, and we have a lot of fun writing .
I’m also a pagan. Currently, I practice North American Eclectic Wicca, but in generally, I go with what I feel. I identify with Kali, the Morrigan, and Kwan Yin as my favored goddesses, and I identify with Ganesh, Loki, and Buddha as my favored gods. I greatly enjoy visiting and conversing with the folks at both Hindu and Buddhist temples about my religious ideologies (and I highly recommend visiting temple if you are at all curious; they are frankly amazing and welcoming people, in my experience). However, I am a skeptic as well. This means I love science, and the fact that I’m pagan doesn’t interfere with my belief in science. I believe that spirituality is a completely different level from science, and they can coexist. When I use incense and oils, I don’t believe for a second that anything “magic” in the colloquial sense is going to happen. Rather, I believe it enforces my own power over my world.
I’m an Aspie (Asperger’s). I have what are considered atypical, or female labeled, traits. A have several traits that are common among autistic folks, and folks with autism, so sometimes, I come off as being different. I tend to overexplain things, have severe anxiety of several kinds including social anxiety, have issues with sounds in particular, and a tendency not to get sarcasm and conventional humor. I have a rather dry and dark sense of humor myself. I also have two children on the autism spectrum (they have not chosen how they wish to self-identify yet).
My education is in counseling. I have a master’s degree in the field, and one day I would like to become a therapist with a specialty in working with transgender folks, non-transition, pre and post transition. I would like to help people get access to transition services and the things they need. Right now, my mental and physical health is impeding me, so I write instead. I have depression, anxiety, hypothyroidism, possible fibromyalgia, and a few other things that mean I spend a lot of time with doctors. I love psychology in general, and have done a lot with post traumatic stress disorder, trauma syndrome, and recovery from emotional, psychological, and physical abuse, as well as working with women and minorities.
After all that, now to the writing bit. I’ve listed the above to explain where I’m coming from (if you care), and to kind of let you get to know me. The one reason I love the fanfiction world is because it is easy to contact the writer. I’m working on making a name for myself in the original market, but I will always love fanfiction because it is fun and relaxing to write.
- Please read my tags and Warnings, and do not skip my author’s notes. I know there are a lot of people that don’t tag things to keep the suspense, and that’s fine, but I do not. If there is something in my story that I feel might be triggering for someone, I will tag it (and if I forget, please let me know).
- I often mix fandoms. This means, if you start reading an Avengers fic I wrote, and you don’t like characterization, please check fandom. I may be mixing multiple versions of fandom to create characters idealistically for the story I’m working on.
- I write a lot of and recovery. I’m do not sugar coat these things, and I use them a lot. A lot of people will ask why since almost all my stories include the non-con tag. The reason is that I focus on recover and emotional effects. Why? I’m not sure. Angst is my thing, and it is what I do. I write murder, psychological terror, physical and mental torture, and that’s what I do. Don’t post a comment on one of my stories complaining about it. Everything is tagged and if you read it, don’t complain to me.
- My depiction post traumatic stress disorder may be unlike what you have seen other author’s use. The reason is that PTSD of all varieties is individual, and I assure you, in real life, every single reaction I write has and does happen. If you don’t think it’s plausible, I encourage you to do some research with some PTSD foundations. Reactions to trauma are varied from complete avoidance to complete breakdowns. There are also many healthy and unhealthy ways that people deal with trauma. PTSD is also not confined to those experiencing the trauma, but can also occur by proxy by witnessing a trauma. Message/email me if you have questions and want more information.
- I do a lot of research. I mean, a lot. So, if you find inaccuracies on something in a story I’ve written, please message/email me, and do not go on a rant in a comment/review. I am more than happy to listen and change things that are incorrect, if you have the correct information and I do not.
- I have many unfinished stories, and while I appreciate that everyone has favorites, I simply cannot update stories that I am not inspired to update. I took off for a year due to medical reasons (which is why I have a lot of stories unfinished that were started in 2013-2014). These stories not only need to be completed, but I want to revise and edit them and have already begun the process. My writing has changed since I began, and I want to bring my old stories up to the quality of my new stories. I refuse to update a story that I am not in the mood to update because doing so only gives my readers shoddy quality. I would much rather provide quality updates for my readers than forcing myself on a schedule of updates.
- I start new stories often to avoid burnout. If I work too long on one thing, as I said above, quality drops, and I won’t deliver a good product. I also use fanfiction to distract myself while working on my original works.
- You will often see similar themes in my stories (kidnapping, stalking, obsession). I write fanfiction as a way to practice scenes I’m planning in original works. If two stories seem to have similar content, this is the reason.
- If I coauthor something, please check my co-author’s other stories! I am very particular about who I work with and I encourage you to visit them!
Other than that, I do take fic requests all the time, but I only do them when I have time and have the inspiration. I use the name phoenixreal as my handle everywhere I post, so please look me up on the following websites: Archive of Our Own, Fanfiction net, Adult fanfiction net, Asianfanfics, deviantArt, Red Bubble, Tumblr, Twitter, Behance, Mediaminer, Cafepress, and some others out there.
Email: [email protected]