Chapter 4

We Belong Together

Jessica held her left cheek in her hand and stared at Tiffany. Tears were flowing out of the mother's eyes and Jessica could see the anger in them as well.

 

"WHAT THE HELL!" Jessica shouted.

 

"How could you! Why did you take her out without telling me! You know how  worried I am. I thought something bad happened."

 

"Like what?!" Jessica coldly said.

 

"You don't need to know. Just get out!" Tiffany yelled.

 

"But Tiff-"

 

"I said get out! I don't want to see ever again."

 

"Fine! But I just want to let you know that Joohyun had the time her life tonight. The smile on her face. It seemed like she was having fun for the first time in her life." Jessica said and walked out of the apartment.

 

Tiffany heard what Jessica said and it shocked her. Was she making Joohyun's life that miserable. She then scooted in next to her baby girl.

 

"I was scared that your father took you away from me." Tiffany sniffed, "I can't lose you." Tiffany pulled Joohyun closer to her and fell asleep.

 

------------------------------

 

Jessica angrily walked to her car. She wasn't expecting to stay out that long with Joohyun, but Joohyun was having so much fun. She reminded Jessica of Krystal when they were kids. Jessica had asked why she was having so much and Joohyun said that her parents had been really busy lately that all she did was stay home with babysitter Hyoyeon.

 

Jessica sat in her car as she thought of what just happened. What was so bad that she got slapped. It's not like she didn't know Joohyun was with her. She looked at her passenger seat and found a teddy bear. It was the one Jessica won for Joohyun from the claw machine. Jessica smiled as she thought of Joohyun’s bright smile as she handed her the small teddy bear. Jessica set the teddy her bakery on the seat, started her car, and drove home. She decided to let the whole thing go. As long as Joohyun had fun with Jessica it was okay.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Joohyun's little eyes fluttered open as she awoke. She tried moving but her mother's arms were embracing her tightly.

 

"Mommy!" She said, but there was no response, "mommy wake up! It morning time."

 

Tiffany stirred and opened her eyes. She woke up and sat up along with Joohyun.

 

"Mommy guess what?"

 

"What?" Tiffany responded in a husky morning voice.

 

"Jessica unnie took me out for ice cream last night! Then I got to play lots of games and she got me a teddy bear. Where's my teddy bear?" Joohyun looked around her bed, but couldn't find it. "Huh? Where my teddy bear?" Joohyun jumped up and searched her room.

 

"Joohyun what are you doing?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I'm looking for the teddy bear that Jessica unnie got me! Where is it mommy?!"

 

"I don't know. You didn't have it when you came home."

 

"Maybe it's in unnie's car. Mommy call Jessica unnie and tell her to bring my teddy bear please!"

 

"Uh maybe later Joohyun. Let's get showered and eat breakfast first. Okay?"

 

"Okay!" Joohyun smiled and skipped to the bathroom.

 

"Unnie?" Tiffany said questioning why Joohyun kept call Jessica that.

 

--------------------------------

 

"Joohyun come eat your food please!" Tiffany shouted. Joohyun was in the living room watching Pororo.

 

"Okay mommy!" Joohyun said and turned off the TV and ran to the table.

 

~KNOCK~KNOCK~

 

Tiffany set the dishes in the sink, wiped her hands, and walked over to answer the door. It was a shock to her to see Jessica standing in front of her.

 

"What are you doing here?" Tiffany said.

 

"Here!" Jessica handed Tiffany a teddy bear. "It's Joohyun's. Give it to her please. That's all. I'm going to go now."

 

"Unnie!" Joohyun ran as she saw Jessica at the door. She quickly went out and hugged her, "Unnie did you come to bring me my teddy bear." Jessica nodded, "Thank you unnie!" Joohyun tightly wrapped her arms around Jessica's neck. Jessica looked up to Tiffany as she hugged Joohyun. "Unnie do you want to eat breakfast with us?"

 

"Joohyun, Jessica is busy she can't-"

 

"But mommy please!"

 

"I don't mind. If you're fine with it." Jessica said to Tiffany. Tiffany couldn't refuse. She knew she wouldn't win against Joohyun.

 

It was quiet between Tiffany and Jessica. The only who talked was Joohyun. Which was a relief. Joohyun kept going about what her and Jessica did that night. Tiffany could help, but feel guilty.

 

"Joohyun-ah, unnie has to go work now." Jessica interrupted.

 

"Awwww, can unnie come over later?" Joohyun frowned.

 

Jessica looked up to Tiffany and then back to Joohyun. "Joohyun-ah we’ll see okay? Unnie has a lot of work to do." Jessica sadly said knowing Tiffany didn't want her there.

 

"Like my mommy and daddy? Well can unnie come over tomorrow. Tomorrow's Sunday you don't have to work right?" Tiffany frowned at what Joohyun just said.

 

"You know what. If your mommy lets I'll come okay?"

 

"Really? Can she mommy?" Joohyun looked over to her mom.

 

"Sure why not?"

 

"Wah!! Thank you mommy!"

 

"Alright then I'll plan something out and we can go have some fun." Jessica smiled at Joohyun.

 

"Okay! Can mommy come too." Joohyun asked.

 

'Aish! This girl!'Jessica thought.

 

"Why not? It'll be fun. I really have to go now." Jessica began whispering in Joohyun's ear and hand her a card. Tiffany curiously observed the two whisper. Jessica then got up, bowed, and walked herself out of the apartment.

 

"What's that Joohyun?" Tiffany asked her daughter.

 

"Nothing." Joohyun said, grabbed her teddy bear, and ran to her room.

 

----------------------------------

 

"Joohyun did you do your homework?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yes mommy I did." Joohyun answered, "mommy?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Can I use your phone please?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Ummm…I want to call Jessica unnie." Joohyun played with her fingers as she asked her mother.

 

"Oh…she's busy Joohyun-ah you shouldn't bother her." Tiffany said clearly shocked. She usually ask for the phone to call her father.

 

"Pretty please mommy~" Joohyun begged.

 

"Okay here." Tiffany handed the little girl her cell phone. "Wait Joohyun."

 

"Yes mommy?"

 

"Why do you call Jessica, unnie? Why not call her Auntie like Auntie Hyo and Aunt Taeyeon?"

 

Joohyun shrugged, "Because I like Jessica unnie." Tiffany was obviously shocked. The other day in the cafè she was scolding Jessica about firing her mom, but now she liked Jessica?

 

"So you don't like Aunt Hyo or Tae?"

 

"No I do. It just I like Jessica unnie more." Joohyun smiled then took out the card from her pocket. Being the smart little girl she is, she typed in the Jessica's number and lifted the device to her ear.

 

---------------------------------

 

"Last night was amazing!" Taeyeon said, "Tiffany is such a great woman. She so Unf!"

 

"So Unf?" Jessica looked at the Byuntae with a raised eyebrow. "Really Taeyeon?"

 

"What?" Jessica just shook her head.

 

"Why are you here again? I have work to do your distracting me! Why don't you go bother Sunny? Go have a midget party or something."

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon threw a piece of crumpled paper at Jessica for her remark. "I just wanted to hangout."

 

"And hanging out means telling about your date. Which I am totally not listening to."

 

"We're supposed to tell each these things we're friends." Taeyeon frowned.

 

'Yup she said it. Friends, just friends.' Jessica thought.

 

"Sorry. I just, I hate when you talk about all girls you hooked up with. How do I know if this Tiffany chick isn't just another fling."

 

"She's not though. She's the one Sica! I can feel it!"

 

"Okay whatever you say."

 

"Ms. Jung?" Jessica's assistant said.

 

"Yes?"

 

"There is a call for you."

 

"Tell them I'm busy."

 

"She says her name is Seo Joohyun."

 

"Alright just transfer it."

 

Taeyeon scooted away not wanting to bother Jessica while she was on the phone. She decided to play on her phone.

 

Jessica picked up the phone, "Hello?"

 

"Jessica unnie?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Hi unnie!"

 

"Hi Joohyun-ah!" Jessica chuckled.

 

"Unnie I know you said that you're busy, but…" Joohyun hesitated to continue because she knew what Jessica would answer.

 

"What is it Joohyun-ah?"

 

"Well, do you want to have dinner with me and mommy tonight after work?" Joohyun asked.

 

Jessica was about to decline, but she could hear the sadness inte little girl's voice. Usually she would reject the second she was asked, but something about this girl made Jessica not want to reject the offer. She still had to apologize to Tiffany even if the girl had slapped her in the face.

 

"You know what? That sounds great? What time would you like me to be there?"

 

"Really?!" Joohyun's voice jumped, "me and mommy usually eat at 6 o'clock (A/N: I honestly don't when people usually eat dinner. No lie. I usually eat when my mom gets home and makes me food which is like 5 or 6 lol.)"

 

"Okay I'll be there!"

 

"Great thank you unnie I love you! Bye!" Joohyun cheered and hung up.

 

Jessica hung up the phone and chuckled. She totally forgot that she had company and she was smiling like a fool in front of her.

 

"Wow! I've never seen Jessica Jung this happy before. So, who's the girl?" Taeyeon. wiggled her eyebrows.

 

"No one. It's none of your business."

 

"Do you like her?"

 

"I do, but she's a friend. A special kind of friend."

 

"Special how?"

 

"She reminds me of me."

 

"Reminds you of what?"

 

"She minds me of when my parents never had time for me and Krystal until we were old enough to learn things about the company. They'd always say they were busy and had meetings and would never come home for dinner or go on family vacations or take us out to play."

 

"So is that why you like her?" Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows.

 

"Taeyeon! She's like five years old."

 

"Ms. Jung here are the applications for Yubin's position." Jessica's assistant informed.

 

"For what?"

 

"Ms. Kim quit last week and we need to fill the position, so here are some of the applicants." She said and walked out.

 

Jessica sighed and Taeyeon shook her head.

 

"I hate hiring new people."

 

"Hey it's your fault. Yubin left because of you." Taeyeon said and took the papers. "Hey look it's Tiffany." Taeyeon pointed to the tiny picture attached to the application. "Sica you got to hire her!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Not only is she gorgeous, but she is smart!"

 

"And because you like her? No!"

 

"No, look at all her experience. You have to hire her."

 

"Taeyeon you don't even look at the rest of the applications. How do you know he's the best?"

 

"I can feel it."

 

"Oh really well feel this!" Jessica said and flicked Taeyeon on the forehead.

 

------------------------------

 

~KNOCK~KNOCK~

 

The door swung open and Jessica was greeted by Tiffany's shocked face.

 

"Jessica what are you doing here?" She asked.

 

"Joohyun invited me."

 

"She did?" Jessica nodded, "Oh well come in. Joohyun's practicing piano right now."

 

"Can I go see her?"

 

"Sure."

 

Jessica slightly bowed and walked towards the room with the piano.

 

"Joohyun-ah!" Jessica sung.

 

"Unnie!" Joohyun jumped and hugged Jessica, "Come play the piano with me!" Joohyun took Jessica's hand and dragged her to the piano. The two then began playing the piano happily.

 

Tiffany watched as the two played together. She smile at the sight. She might of thought of Jessica as a cold hearted , but now at that moment everything she thought about Jessica was gone. It was funny how out of all people her daughter gets attached to her. The way Jessica was playing with Joohyun made her smile widely.

 

Jessica stopped for a second and looked back at Tiffany smiling. When Tiffany noticed Jessica staring back at her she stop smiling and stood up straight.

 

"Umm…dinner's ready." Tiffany informed and walked back to the dining room.

 

"Mommy likes you." Joohyun stated.

 

"What?! No she doesn't!"

 

"Yeah she does. Come on unnie let's go eat!" Joohyun jumped off the bench and ran to the dining room.

 

"Me?" Jessica asked nobody, "Naw that girl doesn't know what's she talking about. What does she know she's five."

 

------------------------------

 

Again dinner was silent with Joohyun talking or you could say what sounded like rapping.

 

"Unnie?!" Joohyun said making Jessica jump and snap out of her thoughts.

 

"Yes Joohyun-ah?"

 

"What's unnie's job?"

 

"Unnie is a very important person at a big company."

 

"Really?! You do what daddy does?"

 

Jessica looked up to Tiffany with a questioning face and Tiffany nodded.

 

"Yeah like your daddy does."

 

"Unnie can you stay here tonight please?" Joohyun begged.

 

"Joohyun-ah unnie has to go home."

 

"But why? I want unnie to sleep in my room with me!" Joohyun cried.

 

"Hey Joohyun don't cry. I'll…erm…I'll sleep over!"

 

"Really?! Okay let's have a sleepover I. The living room! Me and Auntie Hyo always do that!" Joohyun ran into her room to grab her blankets.

 

There was silence in the air.

 

"Hey you don't have to do all these things for Joohyun you know?" Tiffany finally spoke.

 

"I know, but it's okay you don't have to."

 

"No, Tiff it's fine and I want to apologize about what happened the other night. It happened so fast and I overreacted."

 

'Tiff? Since when did she call me Tiff?'

 

"No it's fine. I should thank you again. Thanks for watching Joohyun even though Hyo kinda forced you to."

 

"It's no problem. Really. Also, there's something I wanted to talk to you about."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I saw your resume today and I would like to give you a job."

 

Tiffany was shocked. She did apply for job at Jung Corp. but she didn't expect this to happen. She was a little taken back. After being mean to her, Jessica was offering her a job.

 

"No I can-"

 

"But you will!" Jessica interrupted, "it has great pay! Plus, Taeyeon would be happy I hired you too. You start Monday if you want it."

 

"Really?! I can't believe this! Thank you so much Jessi!" Tiffany jumped in happiness and got up to hug Jessica.

 

"You're…uh…you're welcome."

 

'Jessi? Since when did she call me that?'

 

------------------------------------


A/N: Mmmm…a lot of things have happen huh? Well no matter what I will still write don't worry. Thanks to the new subscribers, the comments, and thanks to Olivert, shiroshai, snsd_goddess9, forevergorJESS9, adyr_nrs for the upvotes! I love y'all so much! Thanks for all the love you've given this fic! You guys are the best! Here's Chap 4 for y'all. See you next update!