Party

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

 

Yujin is just sitting at the cafe waiting for the class to start. She still have 10 minutes. If you ask, yes she is alone now. She doesn’t have to be with someone for every seconds right. However it doesn’t take long for Yena suddenly appear there. 

 

“Morning. Uh what happened to your face?” Yena said after saw band aid on her face. Yujin eyeing the girl giving her the signal. “Oh right. Is everything alright?”

 

“Fine I guess. I am sorry we couldn’t hang out like usual. I have been busy with you know.. stuff.” 

 

“I totally understand. Talking about hang out, remember that Hyewon birthday is in two days ? It’s on uh Saturday.” 

 

“Oh my gosh thank you for reminding me. I almost forgot about that. What should we do this year? Any idea? Should we just throw a party or what?”

 

“Is it okay if we like going for a short vacation together?”

 

“For that, I am afraid I can’t make it. Sorry.” Yujin cannot go far from there. If anything bad happens, she is doomed. It’s not like she doesn’t want to go. Her situation is really complicated as times like this. 

 

“For the first time, you reject this offer. Are you for real?” She nodded. “Why? Is something big going to happen? What did you do this time?” Judging from her face, Yena know something is not right. She just doesn’t want to ask any further. 

 

“After I settle this down, I am gonna quit doing all of that.” Yena nearly spit out the coffee that she was drinking.

 

“For real? You are not joking aren’t you? That’s good. I don’t have to worry about you anymore.”

 

“I never ask you to worry about me. By the way, did Yuri ask you anything last night?”

 

“She didn’t. Why? Did you get caught?”

 

“Not yet. Let’s go.” Yujin stand up after take a quick look at her watch, as they need to walk a bit far to class. “Let’s just have a party this Saturday. Can I bring Minju with me because I owe her a date?”

 

“Sure. You never ask permission anyway. Also, it’s not like we don’t invite people. I am gonna tell Chaeyeon. Where should we do it?” 

 

“I don’t know. Ask Chaeyeon about that.”

 

“Okay. I will update later.”

 

///

 

At Mr Choi house

 

“Did I ever taught you being a alcoholic pick a fight with others?” He stare at his son who is currently standing in front of him. Soobin just shaked his head. “Why do you keep disappointing me? I gave you good education, and allowance even though you are a grown up man where you should find a decent job for yourself. You should have listened to me back then. I was dumbed for letting you go having your way. See what happened? Where do I hide my face after this?!”

 

“It’s your fault.”

 

“Say it again.” 

 

“It’s totally your fault. You just think about yourself!” He got a punch from his dad for saying that. “You mad because I am right?” He smirked and wiped the blood coming from his nose.

 

“You, get lost now before I lost control.” The man trying to hold himself. 

 

“No wonder I am being an . My dad also an . Don’t you proud of me? I am learning that from you? You just proved it.” 

 

“Get out!” Soobin just laugh it out and walked outside from the room. He goes to his room and sits on the floor. Crying. This is not the first time he got treated like this. Even if he did wrong, does he deserves to be punch by his own dad? His mum is rarely at home. If she is here, nothing will change. He will always at fault. He is a disappointment.

 

/// 

 

“Minju are you free on Saturday night? I just think if we could change our date to my friend’s birthday party?” Yujin asked after both of them are already in her car. Hey have finished classes for today.

 

“Sure. But why? We can’t go for a date during the day? I mean, we could spend time during the day and go to the party at night.” She asked curiously.

 

“I an worried, I can’t. I have something to do. It’s okay, maybe we could go on date the next week.”

 

“I am okay. It’s fine if you can’t make it. We still can meet at night.” Yujin is relieved by the answer. She is not sure if she could make it if they made the promise to meet on the day. 

 

“Give me your hand.” She said while driving. Minju raised her eyebrows confused. “Just. I want to hold your hand.” She just got butterflies by just saying that. Maybe her feelings is true this time. “Do you want to have coffee or maybe smoothies? I know a good place.”

 

“Sure.” Minju replied where Yujin just replied with smile. Yujin’s phone auddenly ringing which notify that there is an incoming message. 

 

“Could you please open and see the sender?” Minju took the phone to check. She just doesn’t have anything to hide so there is nothing to be scared of. She used another phone for her ‘work’.

 

“It’s Yena.”

 

“What did she sent?”

 

“She told you that Chaeyeon said the party will be held at Hyewon’s. And there is a theme.”

 

“What is the theme?”

 

“Coachella. That’s interesting.”

 

“Do you want to go for shopping after this? We could find a matching clothes for the party.” 

 

“I would love to.”

 

“Alright. I think you should just wait here. What do you want to have?” They arrived. Yujin went out to get their drinks. It’s the place that she usually go after class with Yena. It’s not far from the campus that’s why. 

 

Yujin observed that there are not many people now. Thankfully. She doesn’t really like waiting. She played with her phone while waiting for her turn. 

 

It doesn’t take long. She raised her head and saw a familiar face at the counter. 

 

“Uh Chaeyeon? What are you doing here? Wait, do you work here?” Not gonna lie she is quite shocked.

 

“Yujin. I.. I am doing a part time job. It’s just happened.” Chaeyeon smile bitterly. She didn’t expect to see her friend there. 

 

“If you have any problems, you can tell me. I-“

 

“Yujin ah sorry, can you order faster. There are still many people waiting.” Yujin changed her face after that. It’s obviously that Chaeyeon doesn’t want to share anything with her. Maybe it’s her privacy or something like that. At least, let Yujin finished her sentences.

 

“Oh- alright..” she ordered what she wanted to and went back to her car. Her mood suddenly changed because of that. The person just make her worried. What if something bad happened to her and her family? 

 

“Yujin? Do you want to hold that forever?” Minju actually already calling for her several times since she didn’t passed the drinks.

 

“Uh-oh I am sorry. There you are.” She gives the girl her drink and drive away.

 

“Yujin ah, are you okay? Give me your hand.” I guess that’s their love languages now. Minju seems worried when the other girl is quite than usual. 

 

“I.. am fine. I just thinking about something.” She said after they intertwined their hands.

 

“About what?”

 

“School stuff. I just remembered that I still have undone assignment.” She doesn’t know why she couldn’t tell the other girl the truth. She just can’t. They are on their way to the nearest shopping mall.

 

They are already at the parking lot. Suddenly, again, Yujin’s another phone ringing. This time it’s a call from Chaewon. Minju saw that but didn’t say anything since Yujin just rushed outside the car.

 

“What?”

 

“Mr Hwang. Where do you hide him?” Chaewon asked because Yujin made plan himself. She knew that people would go find him as soon as the news was out. 

 

“He is safe don’t worry.” It’s not like she wanted to hide it from the girl but she thought it will be better if she is the only one that knows.

 

“But I should know too. We are in this together. If something happens at least I could back you up. Mr Hwang and his family is not in overseas right?”

 

“I’ll send you the location. I am busy.”

 

“Wait Yujin. Don’t send it. Write it on paper. I need it now. Meet me in front of your school. At least it will be safe there” Since Chaewon knew that someone would hack into her phone or computer, she must be careful. Therefore she prefer every information to be send without using internet.

 

“I am really busy. Wh-“

 

“I really need that now. Please.”

 

“What are you gonna do?” Yujin massage her temples before hang up her phone. She hop on into the car back.

 

“I don’t know you have another phone? Who is it?” Minju asked while pouted.

 

“That’s an emergency phone.” 

 

“So the call is emergency right? And you have to go. We can’t go shopping together for now. Am I right?”

 

“I am sorry. Let’s come back tomorrow. Is that okay with you?” It would take a lot of time and energy to going back to the campus and then go back here. Yujin want to avoid being together at night. 

 

“Hmm.” 

 

“Don’t pouted like that. I might kiss you.” Minju really doesn’t have a good mood now. She just turned her head to see outside through the window. And then closed her eyes. “Minju ya, don’t be like this.” She still got ignored. Yujin just drive away without talk to the other girl. She didn’t blame her. 

 

Chaewon already arrived at school earlier than Yujin. She just patiently wait in the car. Not long after that, Yujin parked the car besides her. 

 

“What takes you so long. Oh did I actually interrupt you with your girl. Damn. Sorry tho.” Chaewon said as soon as both of them hop off the car.

 

“What are you gonna do with that?”

 

“I want to meet Mr Hwang urgently. Like right now.” Yujin dragged Chaewon a bit far from their car. Their voices might be heard.

 

“For what? It’s not the time to release the news yet.”

 

“I know. I just wanna give him something.”

 

“What kind of something?” 

 

“Thank you for this address. I gotta go first.” Chaewon w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter