VI. Jealousy

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 6~

 

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

"Minhyuk. Who is he?" Sungjae suddenly asked, out of the blue.

I was shocked, to the point I don't know where to lay my eyes on. I ended up bouncing my pupils from left to right and right to left before I finally met his eyes, carefullt looking at him.

"W-where have you picked up his n-name?" I asked, quitely stuttering.

"Last night. You were calling his name." Sungjae looked on his plate, frozen.

"I... Uh... He's uh ... hmmm~" I don't know if I should tell him, I'm afraid he may misunderstand.

"Tell me." Sungjae asked me, he was calm but I feel like he's asking me coldly.

"He's my ... " I started carefully.

"Ex-Boyfriend?" He looked back at me.

I silently shooked my head.

"No Sungjae. He wasn't. But he was my first love." I looked down, avoiding his eyes.

"First love ... Okay. Cool thing you're dreaming about him." Sungjae said, slightly sarcastic and nodding.

"Sungjae-ah~" I called as I held his hand.

"It's okay Hyunji, thank you for telling me the truth." he pulled out his hand and ate bacon.

The air is full of tension. Feels like my ears are burning and cold sweat are appearing on my forehead and at the back of my neck.

"Minhyuk oppa is a guy from the orphanage that I ended up after the tragic incient that happened to my mom. He was the one who saved my life when the orphanage was on fire. We lived together after that, I was just 8 and he was 13. He took a really good care of me." I broke the silence. I wanna be honest to him.

"You don't need to explain, Hyunji. I understand." he said as he stood up from his chair and brought his plate to the sink.

"I just hope you told me earlier." he followed a remark as he turn on the faucet, about to wash his plate and the utensils I used to cook breakfast.

"I don't mean to hide this from you. I wanna tell you but .. " I stood up from my sit and ran towards him as I give him a back hug, a tight one.

"I'm afraid to open up the things about him since I don't wanna remember him as much as possible." I followed up as I hug him tighter.

"I hope you understand" I sobbed.

"Then why do you still bother telling me these things if it would hurt you?" Sungjae turned off the faucet and faced me.

"Because I don't wanna hurt you. I don't wanna lose you." I looked into his eyes, my eyes are starting to water.

"Shhhh." he held my face and placed his forehead on mine.

"You know that won't happen, right? I will always be by your side." Sungjae wiped away my tears.

He leaned in and gave a light kiss on my lips.

I smiled as he pulled out.

* ding dong~~ *

Ohh someone's outside.

* on Sungjae's POV *

"I'll go get it for you!" I insisted as I ran through the hallway.

"Good Morning!" I opened the door and seen my bestfriend, standing right in front of me.

"Supp dude?!" he said in english.

"PENIELLLLL!!!!" I shouted as I jumped out of joy and gave him a brotherly hug.

"It's been so long!!! How's Chicago?!" I asked him happily.

"Cool bro. I came back to meet my friends and of course you! My bestfriend! I'm so glad to see you again!" he answered gladly.

"Sungjae? Who's that?" Hyunji called from the kitchen.

"Ohh? Who's that? Girlfriend?" Peniel teased and winked at me.

"Shut up." I playfully punched his right arm.

"It's my bestfriend, Hyunji!!" I called out to answer her.

"How did you knew I was here?" as I turn back to Peniel and whispered.

"Your mom told me. I came from your house and expecting you to be there!" Peniel pouted.

"Aha. Sorry man. I slept here to look over her." I said.

"Ohhhh~~ I hope you haven't done something naughty!" he teased again.

"NO!! Stop thinking . Oh my gad why are you so giddy." I defended.

"I was just kidding! Why so serious." Peniel answered as he put his arm around me.

"Oh~ Hey there! Come inside!" Hyunji suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Hi!" Peniel waved at her.

"Come in. What are you doing at the front porch step when you could just enter." Hyunji joked.

"Oh, yes~ uh, thank you." as Peniel entered the house while smiling.

"She's very beautiful." Peniel whispered to me.

"Hyunji, this is Peniel hyung, my bestfriend. Peniel hyung, this is Hyunji .. my ..." I was cut off, I dont know what should I note her as.

Peniel looked at me oddly. Waiting for the next word.

She's not just a friend but she's not my girlfriend. What should I call her then?

"Just HYUNJI. Ha. Call me Hyunji. Nice meeting you, Peniel oppa." Hyunji broke the silence as she held out her right hand for a handshake, looking at me with an 'It's okay' face.

Whew. She saved me but I slightly felt a pang of jealousy when Hyunji called her 'Oppa', how great would it be if I also allowed her to call me 'Oppa'.

"Hi Hyunji." Peniel shaked her hand.

"Feel at home, oppa! What would you want? Juice? Coffee? Hot Chocolate?" Hyunji flashed her smile.

"No, it's okay! I'm full. I just had my breakfast!" Peniel answered, slightly smiling.

Aish~ Peniel hyung is shy. How can he be so shy? He's not normally like this.

"Please??" Hyunji pouted.

"Oh~ Ha. Okay, Hot Chocolate then." Peniel smiled.

"Yay! Okay! Right up!!" Hyunji smiled widely as she rush to the kitchen to make him a hot choco.

"She's way too adorable." Peniel mumbled to himself.

"Who? Hyunji?" I heard and asked him playfully.

"Ah nevermind dude." he looked at me and pulled out his phone.

"Hmmm~ excuse me for a while." I followed Hyunji to the kitchen, not waiting for Peniel's answer.

~

"Hyunji?" I called her name.

"Yes, Sungjae?" She answered calmly while mixing the hot chocolate.

"I'm sorry." I broke out.

"Sorry for what?" she looked at me, smiling.

She's such an angel.

"I wasn't able to tell Peniel who ... " she cut my words.

"Ahhh! It's okay. If I were on your shoes, I wont know what to say too." she giggled as she took the cup, about to exit the kitchen.

"Hyunji... " I held her waist.

She looked at me with wondering eyes, not saying a word.

"Please be my ... " I was cut when Peniel suddenly appeared.

"What's taking my hot chocolate too long?" he chuckled.

"Ahh! Haha. Sorry oppa. Here!!" Hyunji fastly shook off my arm that's on her waist as she saw Peniel's figure and got closer to him to hand over his hot chocolate.

She slipped and poured the hot chocolate all over Peniel.

"Aahhhh!!!" Hyunji shouted.

Before I even ran, Peniel already caught her, just at the right time frame, before she even ended up on the floor.

I admit, I was jealous. I know Peniel hyung is a great friend of mine and he won't be pleased to hurt my feelings but the way he held Hyunji in his arms is just the same exact way how I hold her onto mine.

Okay, first it was Minhyuk that I was jealous at, and now my bestfriend. Great story.

"Shhhhtt~ ouch, my body is burning, this is too hot, Hyunji. Do you want to burn my tongue?" Peniel playfully remarked, trying to prevent the 'soon to be' awkward atmosphere because of Hyunji's undesired mistake.

"Omg oppa!! I'm so sorry!!!!" Hyunji stood up and hurriedly removed her cardigan to wipe off the hot chocolate that's dripping on Peniel's shirt, revealing her perfect curves with her slightly fit tank top.

"Oppa! I'm so sorry~ I'm such a pabo! Omg did it hurt a lot? I will cure it! I'm so sorry!" she continued wiping the chocolate off.

"It's okay Hyunji, I can handle this." Peniel answered, not blinking, just~ continuously staring at Hyunji.

"Ehem. I guess you should just grab some first aid kit to heal Peniel hyung's slight burns." I suddenly spoke as I grab Hyunji away from him, holding at her shoulders while I slightly push her to go and get the kit.

"Oh okay." Hyunji looked at me as she was walking away.

I looked at her while sending a message through my eyes, hoping that would she get what I meant.

 

-- to be continued --

 

Ohh Peniel is finally in~ Hahahaha :'D <33  Thank you to _spencer and funnyfannyism's supports! aaa, it means a lot to me!! Every comments does! ;; thank you so so so much, you inspire me to work harder. Saranghae ♥♥