XIII. Misunderstanding

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 13~

 

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

I sat down on the floor, my knees felt weak and I started crying.

Sungjae sat up and looked at me.

"Why are you crying? Did I said something wrong?" his voice was shaking.

I looked up at him in disbelief and his eyes were full of worries. I burried my head back on my hands and cried harder.

"H-h-hyunji." he called.

I stopped sobbing, his voice, the way he calls my name, its still the same as before.

"Sungjae." I looked back at him.

"I'm sorry to ask but, did I just lost my memory?" he asked again.

But he cant remember anything.

I nodded.

"Get up." Peniel oppa held my arms and helped me to stand up.

"Excuse us for a while." Peniel oppa said to Sungjae as he dragged me outside the room.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"What em I doing? Sungjae is there, in front of me. Yes, alive, but he cant remember a thing!!" I cried harder.

"I know how you feel, Hyunji. But we need to take it easy and make him feel that he's still the Sungjae we loved. Have you seen his face? He's confused, worried and anxious the moment he saw you crying. He can't understand what's happening. Let's make him remember the happy moments we had together little by little and let's wait for the time he revive his memory. Okay?" Peniel oppa is tapping my shoulder to calm me down while making me understand everything.

"This is about Sungjae already. This is not about you or me. Let's not be selfish. If by chance we cant take his memories back, then let's make a new one. After all, his memory is just the only thing that faded. Deep inside his heart, it's still you whom he loves. We just need to be patient. Okay?" Peniel oppa added.

I nodded.

"Excuse me?" the doctor came.

"I will check Mr. Yook. I heard he woke up already." he said.

We nodded and entered the room with him.

"Mr. Yook! How are you?" he greeted Sungjae.

"I'm fine, thank you. How's my state? Is there anything wrong?" Sungjae asked.

"Hmmmm, you have an amnesia. The great impact that hit your head made it and only the memories of your puberty stage is left, as I could tell for now. Other than that, everything's perfect on you. You could go home already as soon as the recent tests on how you're doing comes out." the doctor said as he smiled.

"Thank you doctor." he replied and smiled back.

The doctor bowed down to Sungjae, Peniel oppa and me as he left the room.

It was a total silence. It wasnt awkward but something's hanging on it and we cant point what was it.

"Here. Eat some of this, it's your favorite." Peniel oppa broke the silence by offering him his favorite food, samgyupsal.

"Thanks, Peniel hyung." he stated.

Peniel oppa turned away to get back to his seat beside me, who's eating without an appetite.

"Cant you really remember me, Sungjae? We've been together since we're kids." he turned around again to Sungjae.

Sungjae stopped munching and looked at him.

"You look familiar, to be honest. But I'm sorry, I really can't remember any Peniel." he honestly stated.

Peniel oppa left a smirk.

"Donggeun, Sungjae. Shin Donggeun." Peniel oppa replied with a funny facial expression, probably something they do before.

"DONGGEUNIE HYUNG?!" Sungjae almost shouted.

Peniel oppa nodded.

"Oh. I cant. believe. it. You look so different from what I remember!!!! I barely remembered you~" Sungjae stated.

Wait. He remembers Peniel oppa?

"Since when have you started calling yourself Peniel!?" Sungjae asked excitedly.

"When I moved back to America." Peniel oppa answered.

"You moved back?"

"Yep."

I guess so.

"Oh. I really cant remember anything though." Sungjae zoned out as he laid his eyes on me.

I looked back at him.

"She's beautiful, isnt she?" Peniel oppa tapped his shoulder.

He nodded.

I smiled.

"Can you tell me, what role are you playing in my life?" he asked me, my heart fluttered.

"I'm just a .. a friend, a friend who loves you more than anything else but I made the biggest mistake of my life for hurting you and being selfish before." I started tearing.

"Friend? Not girlfriend?" he asked again.

I shooked my head and looked down.

"We had the most complicated relationship. We've been through a lot of things together, and done even the craziest things, but we're not dating." I answered.

"Oh. I'm .. sorry that .. I can't .. remember anything." he said.

"It's okay. It's my fault anyway." I looked at him again, with tears in my eyes.

He got off his bed and walked to where I am.

He grabbed my face and wiped away my tears.

"I'm so sorry if I'm the reason for those tears, and thank you for understanding my case." he said.

I held his hand which is on my face.

"I will be waiting for you Sungjae, no matter how long will it be." I closed my eyes and held his hands tighter.

"I'm sorry but, may I just ... hug you?" I suddenly asked.

He nodded.

I hugged him as tight as I could. His hands remained on the side of his body which was painful to see but I never cared anymore because I missed him more than anything.

"Thank you." I pulled out from the hug and wiped away my tears.

He just nodded while looking at me.

"I hope you'll be fine." he said.

I ran out of the room again, this time, without Peniel oppa.

I've come to the comfort room to cry out loud and the moment I was calm, I decided to go back.

Ouch.

I bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going." I said annoyingly, bowed down and not looking at the person.

"I'm sorry" a familiar voice said.

I looked up but the guy turned his back already and left.

"Wait!" I shouted.

He continued walking.

"Mr! Wait!!" I shouted again.

Still, he's walking continuously.

"Hyunji-ah!" Peniel oppa called me, I know it's him but I continued chasing the guy.

"Hold on, oppa." I started running but the guy was gone.

"What are you doing?" he asked me as he ran after me.

"Someone really familiar. His voice." I said, still looking around.

"His? A guy?" he asked again.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Psh. Maybe they just sound alike, c'mon lets get back, Sungjae was discharged and will go home already."

I looked at Peniel oppa and smiled wide.

"OMG REALLY? Let's go!" I totally forgot about the guy.

* on Sungjae's POV *

I'm now packing my things, preparing to go home but I don't know where to start.

"Sungjae, you ready?" Donggeun hyung asked.

"Yea hyung." I smiled back.

"You're so lucky he remembers you already." I heard the girl whispered to Donggeun hyung.

"He will remember you soon, Hyunji. Just wait."

"I hope so."

"Let's go?" I broke their moment and grabbed my bag.

"Sure." Donggeun hyung answered as he lead me and Hyunji out of the hospital.

"Hyunji!" hyung called her.

"Uh?"

"You drive." hyung threw her the car keys.

"Okay." she catched the keys smoothly and got in the car.

She drove the car and on our way back, I was looking around. The city changed a lot compared to how I remembered it.

"Woah!!!" Hyunji shouted.

The car made a hard break as a 6 year old kid suddenly crossed the street.

"Ha~~ haaaa~~ haaaaa~~" she was panting, probably because of nervousness and shock.

"Ah!!!!" I felt a pain on my head.

I closed my eyes and saw images.

"Please let me explain! It's not yet too late! Please just listen to me!"

It's me, shouting.

"No Sungjae. Too late."

Wait, Hyunji?

"Ahhhhh!!!" I screamed again as I felt another pang of pain on my head.

* beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep *

A bus hit me?

"Woah." I shaked my head as I snap out of it, the pain was all gone.

"I was hit by a bus." I murmured.

"You remembered?" Donggeun hyung asked.

"Yeah. I was hit by a bus, and it's all because of YOU!!" I pointed at Hyunji.

"How can you let me be with this girl all these time, hyung?" I was angry as I asked.

"No, Sungjae. Calm down." hyung just held my arm as he was sitting beside Hyunji who's on the driver's seat and I'm on the back.

"How will I calm down?! And now you're trying to kill someone else!?" I started shouting.

"I'll get off!!!" I insisted as I try to open the doors.

Locked.

"OPEN UP!!!" I started hitting the doors.

"NO!! YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING IT!" Hyung shouted back.

I've seen Hyunji crying.

"What? You're crying now? Because I remember everything already? Now you're guilty?! You're such a liar. You even told me you love me? Psh. Lies, lies, lies. All you think about is yourself!!!" I scolded her.

A punch landed on my face.

"What's wrong with you?!" Hyung is obviously angry now.

"NO. What's wrong with you?! Making me deal with this girl again, who's just a random lady. Where'd you got her? She should be in jail! I've seen it. It was clear! She probably shoved me on the street! She was .. she was mad at me and suddenly I was hit!!" I stated what I've seen.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT REALLY HAPPENED." Hyung started shouting.

"YOU'RE NOT THERE!!!!!" I fought back.

"ENOUGH!!!" Hyunji shouted while crying.

"ENOUGH OKAY?" she was catching her breath.

"Peniel oppa, it's okay. I understand. I was selfish, I think I really deserve this." she broke while sobbing.

"SEE?!" I sarcastically said.

"Just bring him home safely, I got myself." she got off the car.

"Hyunji, wait." Hyung opened his door.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Hyung left a remark before getting off to catch Hyunji and shut the door.

She was the reason behind all this. How will you expect me to react? Laugh? No way.

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

"Hyunji!!" Peniel grabbed my arm.

"It was all my fault oppa. He's right." I cried.

"No, it's not your fault! Stop blaming yourself!" Peniel oppa hugged me.

"I was slightly glad he remembered a thing but he wasnt able to took a grip of the full of it, and what's even worst is he's also blaming me now. I never shoved him, how can I do that? He even told me I should be in jail. Oppa, this is too painful." I cried harder as I burry my face on Peniel oppa's chest.

"I'm tired of crying oppa. I'm really tired already. Oppa. I dont know what to do. It'll be better if I die now than seeing Sungjae like this. Oppa." I continued crying.

"Hey! Dont say that!!!" he pulled me out and shaked me.

"This will be fine soon, okay? This will be over!" he insisted.

"Hyunji, listen to me. Stay strong! Not for me or Sungjae but for yourself! Stay strong. Recall all the memories you've shared together. The love that nurtured these years!!" he added.

"There's no love anymore oppa, he hates me."

"He dont understand yet, Hyunji. How many times do I need to tell you that?"

"Oppa~~" I just hugged him and cried.

"Just be patient, I'm here. He remembers me, I will help you." he tries to calm me down.

"I will bring him home now, okay?" he pulled out from the hug.

I nodded.

"You sure you'll be fine?" he reassured.

I just nodded again.

"I'll call you later, okay?" he held my hands.

I nodded again, without any word.

He patted my head and kissed my hands.

"Take care." he said as he rode the car on the driver's seat and headed.

-- to be continued --

A/N: Sorry for the long update, I was sick and hospitalized for a week ;; But I hope you like this update~ Please stay tuned since there will be a lot of twists to happen on the next chapters~ every chapter is a revelation ;]

Comment Replies~

funnyfannyism __ yessssss~ it is xD

Mickeyyy ___ here's an update! Omg thank you for supporting and following my story~~