XIV. Flashbacks

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 14~

 

* on Peniel's POV *

I was worried about Hyunji that I'll be leaving her but she wanted to do it. I also think it'll be better because Sungjae can't keep calm when she's around.

I knocked Sungjae on the window of the back seat and signalled him to transfer on the passenger seat beside the driver's.

I rode the car and drove, not saying a word.

"What is wrong with you, Donggeun hyung?" Sungjae asked.

"Peniel Sungjae, Peniel. My name is now Peniel, okay?" I sarcastically answered.

"You're still Donggeun hyung." he insisted.

I suddenly stepped on the break clutch and the sudden and strong impact made him hit his head.

"AWWW!!" Sungjae held his head.

"How I wish that will make you remember everything!" I almost shouted.

"What?" he asked in disbelief.

"I was being patient over you, Sungjae. You have no idea how much that girl stayed with you at the hospital, she never left you!! She haven't been home since the accident and after just a little unsure vision you've seen, you'll judge her and treat her like that?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted.

"Hyung ... " he was speechless.

"Hyunji loves you more than she loves her life, Sungjae. You were also the same with her!! You guys loves each other so much but why can't you feel it at least on your heart that she's the one in there? Why can't you just give time and realize what really happened? Be patient and wait for your full memories to comeback? Why can't you do that? Right now your heart is full of hate towards the girl you love the most and this is not right. Hyunji has nothing to do with what happened to you!! Why can't you just listen?!"

He stayed silent.

"Arghh." I let out a slight growl as a sign of frustration and drove again.

"Where are we going, hyung?" he asked as he noticed me drive in a different direction from the way to their house.

"To a place where you created most of your memories with her." I answered.

"What?! You can't do that to me!" Sungjae fought back.

"Yes, I can and we're here." I got off the car.

"This place is so familiar." Sungjae said as he gets off the car and looked at the building.

"C'mon." I grabbed his wrist to the front porch step.

I signalled him to open the door.

He grabbed the doorknob and as expected, it's locked.

"How are we gonna enter this .. house?" he asked.

"Check your phone." I instructed.

He brought out his phone and wondered.

"What's on my phone?" he asked while looking at the screen.

"Not there, pabo. At the back." I said and he turn his phone to see the back.

* on Sungjae's POV *

What weird shape is this on the case of my phone?

"Open it." Peniel hyung instructed.

I did what he said.

A key.

I looked at thim as I take the key.

He signalled me to use the key to open the door, so did I.

It opened.

"Go on, get in." he said.

I looked around and I don't know why but seems like I've been in this place for a lot of time that my feet knows where the rooms are and other stuffs.

"Hyung, I think I need to go upstairs. Something's telling me to go there. May I?" I asked carefully.

He nodded as he sat down on the sofa at the living room.

I walked upstairs, and straight to a room.

I knocked. "Anybody here?"

Nobody answered and the door slightly opened as I knocked.

I've carefully looked inside and found no one.

My feet brought me inside, to a shelf.

Tears started to roll down my face as I've seen the shelf full of my pictures with her, Hyunji.

We were so happy.

"Who are you? Why can't I remember you?" I talked as I touched her photo.

I turned around and found a bed, probably hers. Not a single bed but twin sized bed.

Is she living with someone else? Why is her so bed wide?

I sat on the bed and touched it.

"Ahhhh!!!" my head started hurting again.

I'm lying down on this bed, with her on my arms.

"What will you do if I kiss you now?" I playfully asked.

She giggled and kissed me.

"Well, I did it. Slow poke Yook Sungjae!" she playfully showed her tongue to tease me.

I pushed her and she was under me.

"What will you do if I tell you that I love you?" I asked again, serious this time.

"Then I will answer that I love you even more." she answered sweetly.

I kissed her softly.

"." I snapped out.

"Em I seeing the past now?"

I looked back at the shelf that's filled with photo frames of our photos.

I've seen a little paper peeking on the side of a frame, I came closer and took it.

'We're not yet done but I won't charge you for what you've done. Hyunji will. So make sure to keep an eye on her. Everytime you blink, a thing may happen to her.'

What the fuq is this? Seems like this letter isnt for Hyunji. Why is this here? And who's the owner of this letter? It seems like the writer is threatening the receiver of this letter.

What is Hyunji's role in my life? Why do I keep seeing her on my visions?

So many questions, I dont know where to find the answers.

"Sungjae! We need to go home now!" Peniel hyung called downstairs.

I kept the letter and secured it on my pocket.

I walked downstairs and asked Peniel hyung a question.

"Hyung, is this, by any instance, Hyunji's house?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Why do I have a key on her house?" I asked again.

"Have you been to her room?" he answered me with another question instead.

I nodded.

"I've seen our photos and I've seen images on my mind again." I confessed.

He smiled.

"Then you got all the answers in front of you. You just need to figure it out." Peniel hyung smiled.

I sighed.

"Are you sure everything's the same there? You haven't changed, touched or took anything?" he reassured.

"Uh, yes." I lied.

"Okay, then let's go." He opened the door.

I got out with him.

"Lock it again." he ordered.

I locked it and kept the key at the back of my phone again.

I took heavy steps as I walk through the car, seems like my body don't want to leave this place.

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

That was so painful, how can he think that way? I mean, yes, I admit everything was my fault but I didn't mean to do it and I never shoved him! I will never do that, I'd rather die than to push him.

I will never do what Mina's mom did to my mom. This is just like a flashback. Why does everyone that I love needs to be gone? 

My mom, Minhyuk oppa and now Sungjae.

I continued crying.

My phone vibrated in a few minutes.

A message from Peniel oppa.

'I brought him home.'

"Good for him. I hope he takes a good rest." I replied.

Peniel oppa replied but I haven't read it.

I turned my phone off and sat down on a bench.

I don't wanna hear anything about him yet. It's too painful.

I stopped crying and just observed the people that walks by. This way, I may calm my mind, rather than going home and cry all day.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Minhyuk oppa, I wish you were here. I can't take it anymore. I can't do this alone." I whispered, still closing my eyes.

I felt someone sat at the opposite side of the bench where I am sitting, and ignored it.

"Whew, the weather is nice." a guy mumbled.

Wait, he sounds exactly like the same guy that bumped on me on the hospital.

And again, his voice is so familiar.

I opened my eyes and slowly tilted my head and looked at his shoes. It was the first thing I saw the time he bumped into me since I was looking down that time and it's the same exact shoes!

It's really him!!

I looked right to his face and saw the guy's side angle.

Tears ran down my face as I saw him.

"M-M-Minhyuk .. O-o-oppa?" I softly called, stuttering and shaking.

He looked on where I am and his eyes widened the moment he saw me.

"Is that you, Hyunji?" he answered back.

IT'S HIM.

-- to be continued --