XII. Selfishness.

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 12~

 

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

"Hey wait." a warm hand encircled my wrists.

I looked at Peniel oppa.

"What?!" I almost shouted.

"Give him a chance to explain." Peniel oppa suggested.

"The video just says everything already, oppa. Why would I waste my time listening to his explanation?" I teared.

"I know Sungjae, he wont do that to someone he loves." he answered.

"He doesnt love me."

"Yes, he does."

"No."

"If he dont, why would he waste his time protecting you and even doing his best for you to listen to him?" Peniel oppa insisted.

"Whatever oppa. I just cant take what he did." I stood hard.

"I'm going home now oppa. See you." I ran and never looked back.

* on Peniel's POV *

Crap.

I ran back home and looked for Sungjae.

"Sungjae?!" I shouted from the main door and ran towards the kitchen.

I've seen a crying and helpless Sungjae, he looked as if his world shattered into pieces.

"I haven't made love with anybody else but her." he suddenly broke.

"Made love?!" my eyes were bigger.

He didnt answered, still looking far.

"I thought you're not dating?" I cleared him.

"Yes, we're not, but we did it once." his voice was shaking.

Oh. My. Gadd.

"I know, our relationship is really complicated, everybody thinks we're dating, even us, ourselves, don't know what we really are. We're like dating but we're not." he sobbed.

"But you like her."

"I... I love her, more than anything else." he looked at me straight to the eye as he said those words.

"What really happened, Sungjae? Tell me." I sat down beside me and asked.

He cried hard as he pull out a letter from his pocket.

A letter from someone named 'Mina'. It's more of like a threat.

He explained everything that happened to him and Mina.

Okay. He's screwed at the video but what happened next, is what Hyunji should know.

"Are you letting her go, jsut like this?" I asked him.

"Don't you like her? You could take care of her more than I could." he answered.

"I do but you're my bestfriend and love is what binds you."

He looked to me in shock.

"Love?" he asked.

I nodded.

"She loves you Sungjae. She really do. I can see it in her eyes. When she kissed me, I can see and feel that she only thinks of you, no one but you." I tapped his shoulder.

"She cried a lot when she knew about it, she even hurt herself." I broke.

"SHE WHAT?!" he shouted out of worry.

"She hurt herself." I repeated.

"When we were in the hotel, at the middle of the night, I never heard her throw the stuffs around the room since I had my earphones on, but I suddenly woke up and realized Hyunji wasn't beside me already and everything in the room was a mess. I got rid of the music that's banging on my ears as I was worried. As I removed it, an unusual sound filled my ears. Seems like someone was hitting something on the wall and I realized it was coming from the bathroom, she left the door open but the shower blinds closed and I've seen blood on it." I've paused as I remember how terrible Hyunji looked that time.

Sungjae was listening carefully, tears running down his cheeks.

"I was about to ran but her hands held the end of the blinds, she was about to open it. I dont know why but I ran back to my bed as fast as I could and pretended to sleep. I know I sound stupid for doing that but my instincts are telling me that it was the right thing to do. She came out of the bathroom, her neck was covered with blood and she was crying while holding her phone. She kneeled on the ground and pierced her forehead on the ground, her hair flipped and that was when I realized the blood was coming from her head. I moved a bit and she bolted up, she slightly felt her head and as she pull her hands out, there was blood. She dropped her phone, grabbed her towel and ran back to the bathroom and all I heard were just the sound of the water coming out from the shower. I walked carefully and opened her phone, I've seen the video of you and the girl." I cleared my throat and continued ..

"I waited for her to come out, she lay down beside me and slept. I took a glimpse of her who is sleeping after a couple of minutes and I've seen some blood on her pillow. I then came to conclude that she was hitting her head on the walls at that time." I took a deep breath.

Sungjae bolted up from the floor and started to run.

"HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" I shouted.

"To Hyunji!!!" he answered and shut the door close.

Go get her, Sungjae.

I smiled.

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

I was running but my tears are blurring my sight.

"Hyunji!!!" I heard someone called me from behind.

I stopped, looked back and found Sungjae who's eyes are all red, he was crying.

"Please let me explain! It's not yet too late! Please just listen to me!" he shouted.

"No Sungjae. Too late." I turned my back and walked.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!*

"HYUNJI!!!!!!!!" Sungjae shouted.

I realized I was at the middle of the road and that a big bus was about to run on me. I froze.

I closed my eyes and heard the bus crash on something, and I felt a pang of pain on my arms.

I opened my eyes, and found myself at the sidewalk, with a scratch on my left arm.

"Sungjae?" I called his name as I look back on the road.

"SUNGJAE!!!!!!" my whole body felt numb, I cant already feel the pain the moment I saw him, who was right under the bus, unconcious and bleeding.

"NOOOOOO!!!" SUNGJAE. SUNGJAE!!!!" I ran on where he is.

"GET THIS ING THING OFF!!!!" I hit the bus and continued crying.

All I can see was his head and chest, his whole body was under the bus.

"Sungjae, please please. No. No. No!!!" I touched his face and hugged him.

I was crying hard.

"Please dont leave me, Sungjae. I'm sorry. Please please." I begged.

Next thing I knew, an ambulance came. I rode it with Sungjae as the patient and dialled Peniel oppa's number.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Oppa. Oppa Oppaaa~~" I was catching my breath for crying hard.

"Hyunji!? What happened?!" I felt the worry from his voice on the other line.

"Sungjae ~~~" I continued crying.

"What about him?!"

"He was ... hit by a bus." I sobbed and cried harder.

"WHAT?!?! WHY??! WHAT HAPPENED?!?"

"It was all my fault."

"Dont blame yourself Hyunji. What hospital? I'll be there right away!"

I gave him the hospital name.

We arrived at the hospital, he was directed on the operating room.

I was crying hard at the door of the operating room, I was praying and a part of me was blaming myself.

"Hyunji!!!" Peniel oppa's voice overtook the hallway's silence and ran to me.

"What happened?!" he hugged me.

"A bus was about to hit me but he shoved me on the sidewalk and the bus crashed into him instead." I continued sobbing on his embrace.

"I was so selfish. All I was thinking about was myself, while he gives up even his life for me." I cried even harder.

"Shhhh, hush Hyunji. Stop blaming yourself." he caressed my back and hugged me tighter.

A doctor came out of the operating room and we ran towards him.

"How is he?" I asked worriedly.

"He's fine now. Let's just wait for him to wake up and ask how he's doing. He may or may not be on a coma. That is what we'll be finding out. We will move him on the ward shortly." the doctor broke.

"Coma?" I kneeled and lose my strength.

"This cant be!!!" I shouted and Peniel held me tight.

"Be strong, Hyunji. Everything's gonna be alright." he insisted.

~

Days, Weeks, until a Month has passed. Yes, he was on coma. It was the most terrible thing and I spent the whole day and night at the hospital, beside him, waiting for him to wake up, praying for him and not failing to reiterrate the words "Sorry" and "I love you" in his ears.

Peniel oppa sometimes sleep at the hospital and sometimes he dont, but he surely spends the whole day at the hospital as well.

Peniel and I were preparing to eat lunch until Sungjae called.

"Hmmm" a voice behind us was heard.

We looked at each other with big eyes and looked around and seen Sungjae staring blankly at the ceiling.

"SUNGJAE!!" I shouted and ran.

"Thank you for not leaving me and for saving my life. I'm so sorry." I hugged him tight as I was tearing.

"Supp bro!" Peniel shouted and tapped his shoulder.

Sungjae stayed silent. I pulled out from the hug.

"I'm sorry but, who are you? Where em I?" Sungjae asked.

"What? It's me, Hyunji. And your bestfriend, Peniel. Can't you remember?" I was crying already.

No, this cant be.

I feel my soul melting on the floor, this is just too painful.

He can't forget us, or at least, me.

"I dont know you, I think it's the first time we've met?" he even left a remark.

-- to be continued --