Guiltily, I do not return

Mea Maxima Culpa

 

A/N - third chapter of the night! I think i'm kinda impatient because i just want to let you guys read the meaty action. I guess you could say something's finally starting to happen...

Chapter 18 - Guiltily, I do not return

Cheondoong POV

We lay together in the same bed, sharing warmth and the feeling of togetherness. I laced my hands with Ji-eun and she snuggled in close to me.

“I have to leave tomorrow.” I said suddenly, reluctantly confessing the truth.

“I was expecting it.”  was Ji-eun’s simple reply.

I tilted my body so that I was looking at her in the eye. “You aren’t sad?”

She shrugged. “Of course I knew this day was coming. We’re idols after all, we have work. But that doesn’t mean we can’t meet up like we always did or stay over at each other’s house. It’s not the end.” She snuggled against me, putting one hand on my chest nuzzling my neck. “Is it?”

I tucked her under my chin, feeling her heartbeat beat against mine. “Of course not.”

“You couldn’t stay away, anyway.” She smiled teasingly and kissed me right above my heart.

I pouted and pretended to scoff. “What are you talking about!? That I can’t stay away from you?”

Ji-eun twisted around so that she was splayed on top of me, her face touching mine. “That’s exactly what I’m saying.” She snickered and pressed a butterfly-kiss to my lips. “Can you?”

My heart stuttered. “Perhaps I can.” I whispered back. 

“Are you sure?” Ji-eun grinned, making me seriously doubt my previous statement and kissed me again, this time longer as she took the time to slowly trace my lips with her tongue and then kiss them deeply. I traced patterns on her , the skin exposed by her razor-back shirt. I looped my arms around her neck as she parted lips.

“Well…” I gasped for breath. “Maybe I might miss you from time to time.”

Ji-eun smirked at me, her lips widening as she sensed my lie. “Liar.”

I smirked and pulled her down again. “Maybe I am a liar.”

After all, everything about my life so far was a lie. It didn’t hurt to add some more. Especially when they came Ji-eun flavored.

 

Seungho POV

It had been one month since we had all parted ways. In truth though, us four had never really parted. We had kept in touch and we had heard each other’s songs. We had given advice and we had shared our worries. All of us except Cheondoong.

I had been living with Dara for a while, choosing to let her be my inspiration. We had comforted each other with hugs and kisses and something a little more. Everyone knew about it now and they didn’t cease to make fun of us or try and test my resolve...at least not too much. 

This past month the Big Bang members especially had tried to test me with Seungri investigating my bedroom for magazines (I told him he’d have more luck in G.O’s room), G-D teasingly asking me to introduce him to a strip club (of which I told him he would have better luck looking for online) and Daesung calling my mother up to ask about past girlfriends (to which I had to warn my mother of a possible stalker).

A phone rang and Dara flipped open her mobile.

“Dara!” Taeyang called from the other end. “Are you sure Seungho is straight because according to this website guys with dark circles and-“

“Stop making things up, Taeyang!” Dara shouted into the phone and flipped it shut. She rolled her eyes at me from where she was reclining in my lap, studying a fashion magazine. Now that Taeyang couldn’t hear her, she laughed out loud at the antics of Big Bang.

I felt her laughter vibrate through my body as I sat with one arm slung around her shoulder and the other tapping away at my computer where I wrote possible lyrics for the song.

By now that song had been completed and I was back at the dorm – first of course. I had to make an example as leader.

“Seungho-hyung!” came a loud and very excited voice as Mir skidded into the living room. “I’m back!”

“I can hear.” I chuckled as Mir dropped his bags on the floor. “How was Jangsung?”

Mir had gone back to his home in the countryside for his break and it seemed the clean air had done him some good. He was looking healthy and energetic, a complete difference to one month ago.

“Good, hyung!” Mir chirped.  “I brought back apples.” I grinned and pointed at his suitcase.

Dara smiled at that thought. “Cheondoong loves apple pie.” She mentioned. “Maybe I can bake some.”

Mir jumped up and down at that thought. “I LOVE apple pie!” he exclaimed. “Bake it! Bake it! Bake it!” he cheered.

“What are we baking?” came another voice from the hallway as G.O and Joon entered.

“Baking apple pie for Cheondoong and you all.” Dara said affectionately. “Welcome back.”

“Good to be back.” Joon smiled. He seemed happier than when we had first split our separate ways which relieved me. I don’t know what had happened but if there was a positive outcome, then I was glad of it. G.O on the other hand seemed even more on edge, as if there was something bothering him.

“Shall I start baking then?” Dara asked as she put down the magazine and stood up.

“You want some help?” I offered.

Dara raised an eyebrow. “From you?” she laughed. “I’ll take G.O.” she grabbed him by the arm and tugged him into the kitchen. Mir followed them with the box of apples looking extremely happy and probably very ready to taste everything before it actually got baked.

As the scent of baking floated out from the kitchen, I smiled at the feeling of family.

All we needed now was Cheondoong and everything would be perfect.

 

Dara POV

It had been one week and Cheondoong was still not back. Rain, their producer, had been making phone calls to the place where he had been staying but the response was zilch.

Mother and Durami had heard nothing from him either.

It was as if my baby brother had disappeared from the face of the planet.