Saviour

Hell To Pay

What exactly could she do to aleviate her boredom?, it seemed nothing would keep her interest for long in this immortal existence. She had tried to watch television, but after making it through 7 seasons of the same show, it had lost it's appeal. So she had tried excercise, a small amount of yoga and one of those 'extreme workout' dvds later and she remembered the whole point of excercise was to change your body but she was stuck in the same shape she had been when she was alive so that didn't help. It didn't help that time seemed to have slowed to a snail's pace and the minutes felt like they took hours to pass. It was also not possible to break a sweat, since there was no moisture to excrete.

Lounging on the sofa, she sighed and flicked through the television channels quickly, failing to find anything good. Turning it back off again, she threw the remote control at the screen which cracked easily and she cursed herself for breaking it so soon after moving in. The business card lay on the table in front of her and she picked it up, once again turning it over in her fingers, maybe she should call Hwasa and ask exactly what she was meant to do with her boredom. Slowly her thumb caressed the embossed lettering on the card and she sighed again when nothing happened, instinctively closing her eyes out of disappointment.

Managing somehow to make her way up to the ground floor, her toe tag tapping against the floor softly as she ran, Hwasa darted between beds a lot of conveniently placed hospital equipment as she gripped the sheet around her and wondered how the heck to get past the reception area without being acosted. She had just stepped out from behind a small supply trolley as she disappeared entirely from the hospital with a relieved sigh, moments later she laughed as she watched a startled Moonbyul sit bolt upright in shock as a Hwasa appeared before her, the sheet had dropped as she lost her grip on it during the journey.

"Oh relax, like you've never seen a woman before!, isn't that part of the reason Jihyo sent you down to me in the first place?. Give me a moment to get dressed ok?", she smirked at Moonbyul's dumbstruck expression and walked into the bedroom, finding the closet easily as though it was her own apartment. She shrugged on an elegant looking tihgtly fitting dress and found a pair of high heels to match. Striding out into the front room within minutes, carrying the shoes as she was inside still, she did a mock catwalk twirl and grinned. Moonbyul sat there and looked her up and down until words erupted in one garbled sentence which took Hwasa a second to unscramble in her mind before she said anything in response.

"What am I supposed to do, i'm so bored...hey is that a toe tag?, what happened to you?", deciding to answer the toe tag question first as the answer was shorter, Hwasa sat down gracefully and retold the short story of her traffic accident, Moonbyul stifled a laugh and listened as her second question was answered in a monotonous sentence which told her it had been a stupid question to ask in the first place.

"I have absolutely no idea what you should do, boredom is a hazard of being immortal, or did you think being sent to hell had been a treat?, every aspect of existence in the underworld hinges on being unpleasant at the very least to being thoroughly horrific. There's no answer I can give you to make the boredom less, all I can say is that you should find something to occupy your mind or else it will be even worse as time goes on. Whilst i'm here, I have a tip for you on your first soul to reap, check out the local hospitals. Pretend you're a visitor or something and just observe the patients and doctors alike, death hangs all over the ripe ones, you'll know the difference between ours and theirs. Oh and thanks for saving me from that awkward ness. See you again Miss Moon.". Moonbyul was glad this time to see her leave through the front door, ti was a little less unnerving than her just vanishing.

It was only 2am, but as Hwasa walked down the street, it was already started to become light and the foot traffic started to become heavy. Thinking quickly, she turned into the building she had visited to see the cute girl and pondered going up to her apartment again but she didn't have to even enter the building before the woman bumped into her, literally. With her head down in concentration, Wheein stumbled into someone and immediately apologised as she looked up and was silenced involuntarily by the sight of Hyejin. Inwardly cursing that this was the one person she didn't want to bump into, Wheein smiled politely and stodd straight at once. Hwasa chuckled to see her awkwardness and turned to walk away, leaving Wheein in her wake, bemused.

"Are you coming?, I know a place with excellent coffee.", every fiber of Wheein's being told her not to follow but she was still intrigued abotu the woman who had entered her life like a steam locomotive and pulled her into a completely new and starnge orbit entirely. Almost tripping over herself to follow, Wheein glanced at Hyejin's face and allowed herself a small smile as she felt a hand in hers.