Restrictions and Restraints

Hell To Pay

"Well..I..ummm..well you see I..", Moonbyul cursed at herself as she stumbled over her words but all the while she kept her eyes on those of the beautiful woman in front of her and a smile crept onto her face. Feeling her confidence grow, she cleared her thriat and mind, but before she could say another word, she felt the gap between them close and an almost electrical fizzing sound could be heard between them. It was a warning not to get any closer but the intrigue in it was proving too much and without warning, she felt a warm hand on hers. Her breath, had she had any to begin with, would have surely caught in with the thrill and terror mixed into that one gesture. But when she had opened her eyes again, she saw not the eyes of Miss Kim, her own personal angel, but the smouldering seduction of her frustrated babysitter Hyejin. Moonbyul doubted any other demon had tested the patients of Satan herself more than she had inadvertently managed to in such a small space of time. She was about to say something in apology but found herself unable to speak freely, a few seconds passed and she heard only Hyejin's whispered warning as the grip on her hand left and the room, with Miss Kim stood opposite her, had been restored, minus Miss Ahn's intervention. She blinked and saw that beautiful smile once again that had gotten her into trouble only seconds ago.

Stepping away slowly, Yongsun grinned and spoke softly, the laughter evident in her voice. "Let me guess, your boss, handler, guardian demon, whatever they're called, just appeared?. What did they say?, something about not touching me?. Yeah, I thought so, my counterpart appeared and told me the same thing pretty much. Oh well, at least we know to keep apart or else be forever warned the same.". Moonbyul stood there motionless, trying to get her brain to tell her legs to move, she felt a fool up until Miss Kim had echoed her story of events without knowing what Moonbyul had seen. At the same moment, she felt lighter, he had a thought and rushed over to the table where a drawer stood open and she could find a piece of blank paper, it was a small piece but it would do. Running into the bedroom and leaving Miss Kim wondering after her, she found her one lipstick, applied it carefully and pressed her lips to the square of baby pink parchment. When it was moved away, she was satisfied wih the impression her lips had made and after wiping her lips clean, she rejoined her waiting visitor in the living room and placed the paper on the table between them.

For a second, Yongsun looked bewildered at the sudden gesture and took a moment to realise what was happening before picking up the paper and smiling across at Moonbyul, pressed her own lips to the other side of the paper. "I see, since we can't touch each other, we can at least share a kiss through other avenues. Smart. I like a smart woman, and a beautiful one to boot. I wonder if we can find a way to touch too.". They both sat for a moment thinking, the paper clutched in Yongsun's fist before she remembered why she had come in the first place. "What was it you summoned me for?, did you need soemthing or was it just a way to show of this ingenius method of kissing without touch?. Not that I mind, any time with you is a God send, if you'll pardon the pun.". She found herself giggling at her own joke and realised she had moved closer to Moonbyul in the process of their talk getting more casual, now they could both feel that familiar electricity between them until the sofa and indeed the apartment fell away around them and they were suddenly standing at a mass pile-up on one of the busiest intersections in the city. Back to work it seemed, but how would Moonbyul reap a soul if she didn't know how?, how could she have been so distracted that she had missed her one chance to ask for help?. Right now she had no answers but she better do something fast or she would look a fool in front of the one she loved the most.

"We have to stop meeting like this Hyejin, it's becoming tiresome to have to 'meet you in the middle' when I have so much to do since faith in the lord is growing every day. I am in such high demand you know. Apparently we need to talk but I have no idea why, shall we go?", Jihyo looked frustrated and wholly ungodly at the moment and for the first time, Hyejin saw why but it didn't stop her witty retorts. She loved the banter and besides, what was the use in her title if she couldn't be a little devilish sometimes with the almighty. Grinning in that smug way she reserved for Jihyo, she stood still and sipped a glass of whisky as she answered with a sneer.

"That may be true Your Holiness, but as long as temptation and debauchery are to be found in abundance on earth, you will never be truly rid of me my dear. I too am frustrated that once again, I have been summoned away from the most tantalising of games and fear I shall never capture my prey, lest she wonder where I have gone and find another to fill the void I have left behind. Well, now we're halfway there, let us see what is to be done and how many of our deciples we need to berate, or whatever it is you do with those who upset you. Oh yes, I forgot, you send them down to me for a short vacation with another pile of unnecessary paperwork, thanks for that by the way. Come on, let's not keep them waiting Your Ladyship.". Jihyo led the way along the busy streets of a Friday night and they arrived, unseen, at a club owned by an acquaintance of the both of them from back when they were alive and quite attached to their collective souls. Jihyo pushed the door open and they entered, finding it quite empty apart from the dozen or so assembled beings waiting for them with shackles ready to hold them in place if they tried to leave. Jihyo felt her breath quicken and her eyes flicked to Hyejin, who was by her side, her usually hidden wings were unfurled magnificently and her face was set in a defiant grin. She chuckled as she took in her surroundings, well aware of the imminent threat and equally of Jihyo's panic, the sound echoed around the silent room untl it died out and was replaced by her most confident tone of voice.

"Well well, this looks like fun!".