The Beginning Of Something New

Hell To Pay

An aggressive buzzing in her pocket startled Wheein out of her daydream and she took her phone out to check the caller ID, it was her boss. Apparently it wasn't acceptable to walk out in the middle of her shift and she was sure he wouldn't think twice about firing her so she ignored his call and put her phone on silent as she thought about going back into the coffee shop. Closing her eyes temporarily, she sighed at the brief memory of thier first encounter and started the journey back to her boring apartment where she would be alone save for her stuffed animals who had watched many a sad drama with her and soaked up her tears.

A little intrigue went a long way it seemed and even though she was conscious of walking the familiar route home, Wheein was a little surprised when she reached her apartment door amidst thoughts that kept flowing though her mind and flashing vivid imagery. Sure enough, when she unlocked her door after bending to pick up a package waiting for her, the apartment was completely clean but empty as usual. If only she had someone waiting for her every day, but she remembered the kind of person she wanted to be intimate with wasn't what society and her parents wanted for her, as the now open package dictated.

A small handwritten note inside told her that this was a care package sent to her monthly by her mother who also never failed to enquire about a boyfriend, to which Wheein never replied but glazed over ignorantly as she wrote and incorrectly detailed reply about a busy social life and multiple friends she didn't have. Unpacking the predictable food items and some things her mother had found that had made her think of her daughter, Wheein frowned at the letter. She was sick of lying and was determined that this was the opportune moment to tell her mother that she wasn't interested ina boyfriend so she grabbed a fresh piece of paper and a pen and started to write.

Scribbling frantically and subsequentally screwing up the paper, she sighed and wrote another manufactured reply full of untruths which would appease her parents and belay any doubts they had for her. She lay back on the sofa and closed her eyes, trying to conjure up those memories which had given her pleasure before but they all seemed to have disappeared and hidden behind thoughts of her mother as her wedding planner and so she frowned as she slowly fell asleep.

Moonbyul walked beside Hwasa, trying to mimic her confidence but in truth she had no idea where they were going and it was getting dark so she hoped they would be going inside soon. She knew she was dead but she couldn't shake the habits of her life, as exhibited in the coffee shop before. The memory of the taste of the coffee made her shudder and she was amazed she could still feel disgust almost the same, obviously minus the goosebumps of course.

"Shouldn't we find soemwhere for the night?, you know to sleep or something?", she knew her question was stupid even before Hwasa's laughter drowned her out and made anyone around them look at the pair inquisitively. Looking down at her feet almost shyly, she felt Hwasa stop beside her and turn to face her. It wasn't that she was scary but there was an intimidation to her that made anyone submit even a little in her presence and so it was with trepidation that Moonbyul looked back into her eyes.

"Read your list Miss Moon, I urge you to do so before asking any more questions. It's tiring to keep answering you when we could be starting your work on those souls. We should be up to number 3 if i'm not mistaken." Hwasa resumed her walk and Moonbyul hesitated before following along as she read her list, number 3 did indeed answer her question: Although it common practice for mortals to sleep and regain energy, as an immortal, sleep is not necessary and so an immortal being need only feign sleep in the presence of mortals. In smallprint underneath it continued to note that immortals need to be seen to change clothes regularly if planning on staying on the surface for the duration of more than a 24 hour period so as not to arouse suspicion between mortals.

Moonbyul stowed the paper away in her pocket and caught up with Hwasa who glanced sideways at her as the reached the front door of an apartment block, she rummaged in the left pocket of her long coat and produced a small piece of paper and a busines card. Handing them both to Moonbyul, she told her that the number on the paper was her apartment number and on the other side was the keypad code. Turning the paper over between her fingers, Moonbyul nodded in response and read the busines card which displayed Hwasa's mortal name and a nothing more, she frowned and looked at her for answers.

Sighing at the inconvenience of having to answer yet another mundane question, Hwasa briefly held Moonbyul's hand and answered quickly before turning away. "If you need me, just feel along my name on the card and I am sure to appear like a genie, an evil genie. But I warn you, I grant no wishes and I am not to be summoned for things that can be cleared up with the rules on your sheet of paper. See you soon Miss Moon!". With that she was gone, Moonbyul had taken her eyes off of her for a second to look at the card and she was nowhere to be seen.

There was a knock at the door and Wheein jolted awake, still on the sofa with the blinds wide open but the darkness still creeping in. She stood up and rubbed her eyes, walking over to close them before answering the door, she almost tripped over the empty box she had forgotten to put in the recycling. Looking at the screen on the intercom, she gasped and pressed her back to the door as if her visitor could see her through it too. It couldn't be her, how did she even know where Wheein lived?. Trembling a little with her imagination running wild, she shook her head to rid it of the thoughts as she looked down and saw her work clothes creased up and starting to smell from the day's action. Running to the bedroom and stripping off super fast, she shouted as the door knocked again, that she'd be right there. Her heart beat a million miles an hour as she threw on her pyjamas and tried her best to flatten her messy hair. Cursing under her breath as she reached the door, she cleared as she opened it and gave her best smile as she was pushed back inside her apartment and her lips crushed against the woman's own dark ones as she stumbled backwards but was held up by a supportive arm. The door closed and she was gently laid on the sofe underneath the mysterious woman whom she'd only met earlier that day.

Closing her eyes as she was kissed deeply, she let her inhibitions go and woke up several hours later quite alone but perfectly laid in bed, completely but coverd in a soft linen sheet. Had it been a dream?, It had felt so real, every touch had made her tingle and the memory of the night before did the same now, she writhed within her sheets as she kept her eyes closed and felt all the touches intimately.
 
Hwasa walked down a very familiar corridor and grinned to herself as she passed numerous doors left ajar, thier inhabitants in varying degrees of pain were screaming at different volumes and she closed her eyes as the cocophany of noise filled her ears as it transformed into the soundtrack to her daily life, or should it be daily death. She chuckled to herself as she sat expectantly behind her desk and put her feet up, waiting for the next poor depraved soulless body to drop into the seat opposite and start an eternity of suffering. Damn she loved her job!.