Distractions

Hell To Pay

If she had been mortal, lurking at the same hospital would have been seen as odd, especially since she never visited the same patient twice and she was there for hours after scheduled visiting hours were over. Moonbyul appreciatedfor the first time, the perks of being immortal and the anonymity it afforded her as she unashamedly waited to glimpse the angel she had seen a week ago and never gotten over, or under, as she would prefer, a grin played across her face at the thought and for a second she realised the reason she must have been cast down into the underworld in the first place.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimmer of gold and set off after it, only to be disappointed when she wa confronted with a male angel who was confused at why she was following him. Scowling as he turned back to his quarry, he watched as the surgeon opened the woman up and the machines began to beep as her life drained away. Moonbyul decided she didn't like this angel as she backed away and saw him swoop gleefully over the soul of the confused woman. "That guy is so insensitive, I remember Jihyo telling me she had to let him in because as smug as he is, he hasn't actually sinned his whole life, can you believe that?. Apparently she's been trying to find a loophole in the sacred laws of heaven that say he sinned so she can send him my way, the nerve!. Anyway, how goes the reaping and have you decided what to do about the lovely Miss Kim?." It took a second for Monbyul to realise who was talking but she whirled around as the glow of the angel and his soul left and saw Hyejin sat on a nearby bench throwing popcorn into the air and catching it in .

Sitting down next to her, she looked over and sighed, she hadn't made progress in either of her quests and was a little ashamed that a pretty girl had once again distracted her from the task at hand, she was about to answer dejectedly when she was interrupted by a 2nd golden glow and she watched her angel walk by with another critical patient, the doors to the operating theatre swung open and closed until she was out of sight once again. "Let me guess, you're embarrassed because you forgot about your actual task whilst chasing a particularly tasty bit of skirt?. It's ok, the longer you take to finish reaping means longer with yours truly and really, where else would you rather be than here?. As for Miss Kim, I can't advise you any more than I already have so either get on with the touching and disappearing OR forget about her altogether because whatever this is is just sad.".

The operating theatre doors opened again and the formally critical patient was wheeled back towards I.C.U, Moonbyul looked hopefully at the door for a sign of Solar but she wasn't there and the doors shut as gloomily as Moonbyul felt. She turned to reply to Hyejin but was frustrated to see an empty seat beside her, slowly she stood up and made her way to the hospital's entrance before letting the night engulf her again. Why was it so hard just to be noticed?, surely there was a way?. If only someone would help her, point out where she was going wrong even but nobody would or could help her and she sighed as she let herself into her apartment an hour later. Flopping onto her sofa, she heard a knock at the door seconds later and slouched over to it, opening it slowly without asking who was there, she stood with hanging open and her eyes wide as the golden glow of the one person she wanted to see most in the world was stood inches away.

"Hi, can I come in?".