First Meetings are Everything

Perks of an Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eh?

Mina stared at her crush in shock.

Eh!?

She looked at the sheepish smile Chaeyoung was wearing. She looked at the dimple that made her heart swoon. She stared at the mole beneath her lips that made Mina want to kiss her.

Eh? Kiss…? No no no no no no no. Enough of that, Minari! She heard you sing the song you wrote for her, what are you gonna do?

Mina was having an internal panic attack and she couldn’t quite do anything. She gulped hard when she realized that Chaeyoung was walking closer to her, and she really wished that the world swallowed her up at this moment.

“So… are you Myoui Mina?” Chaeyoung asks, her hands playing with each other behind her back as she slowly stepped closer towards the silent girl. Once she found Mina nodding, she continued. “I found your book in the courtyard… I was thinking that maybe you dropped it.”

Did I even go to the courtyard? Maybe I did… Anyways, say something you idiot!

But all Mina could ever utter was a squeak. Chaeyoung looked at her with a smile before giggling, obviously amused at the antics her upperclassman was showing her.

“I like the song you were playing… are you thinking of auditioning for the musical?” Chaeyoung asked. She freely let the grin take over her lips as she sat beside Mina on the small bench. Mina immediately shook her head ‘no’. She felt small despite being taller than the younger girl, since her heart couldn’t take the close proximity. She felt like she was going to burst.

“What? Why not?” Chaeyoung asks incredulously. Her face held an expression between disbelief and shock as she faced the quiet girl beside her. “You’ve got an amazing voice, so I’m sure they’ll cast you.” She continues, observing as the older girl explodes into a million shades of red.

She’s cute… Chaeyoung finds herself thinking.

Mina opened and closed . She tried to form words to express what was on her mind but somehow she couldn’t. Chaeyoung’s presence was obviously enough for her to self-detonate and combust. Instead of trying to explain why she couldn’t join, she switched it up and started to ask Chaeyoung instead.

“H-How about y-you?” Mina hated it so much, how she couldn’t even say a proper sentence around the younger girl. She watched as the younger girl smiled softly, her hands resting on top of the black and white keys of the piano before her.

“I’m planning to.” Chaeyoung hummed, her fingers starting to play a few chords. Mina’s eyes trailed downwards to look at the small hands playing the keys. She traced every movement and engraved it in her mind, sure to never forget about this moment and to cherish it until the day she dies. She looked back up and stared at Chaeyoung’s side profile in awe when she realized that the younger girl was playing one of Beethoven’s memorable sonatas, feeling herself drown in the music Chaeyoung was playing.

It was at this moment that Mina knew she was in love with Chaeyoung.

She felt a weird tug at the bottom of her guts, pulling her into a depth that made her feel like she was suffocating but at the same time like she was soaring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter