Textbook~ Textbook~

Perks of an Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana watched as Mina stood up right after the bell rang.

“Wait, Mina!” Sana exclaims. She hurriedly stood up from her seat and practically slammed her hand against the math textbook lying on Mina’s table. “Can you go on ahead? I’ll meet you by the first gate later.” Sana says, the natural mischief playing across her eyes. She slyly took the textbook and hid it under the desk, confident enough that her friend did not catch her doing so.

Mina eyes her suspiciously. She glances at Sana, who only gave a small smile in return. Hesitatingly, she nods and took her bag as she walks towards the doors of their classroom.

“Now, now… where should I put you?” Sana muttered under her breath, clutching Mina’s math textbook in her hands. She waited for a minute, settling on fixing and adjusting the strap on her bag before she went outside the classroom; just to be sure that Mina wouldn’t see her doing this.

Sana walked around the campus in search of the perfect spot for Son Chaeyoung to see Mina’s textbook. She stuffed the book in her bag and clutched the said bag’s strap. She made every step count, her eyes darting everywhere just to look for the younger student.

How should I use this book so that Chaeyoung could notice her? Sana thought to herself. She thought of leaving notes, or maybe just shoving it into Chaeyoung's arms, but she knew none of those would work properly.

After a few minutes, she found Chaeyoung sitting against a lonesome tree at the corner of the courtyard. She looked twice just to make sure that she found the right person.

Chaeyoung had a pencil in hand and a sketchpad resting on her lap. Her face was sort of contorted into a frown, clearly concentrating since she had her eyebrows furrowed.

Sana hid behind another tree far from Chaeyoung. She sat on the ground and crossed her legs, searching for a pen in her messy bag. Once she found a pen and a small piece of paper, she wrote some words and hoped that Chaeyoung would understand and eventually find Mina through the book.

She tucked the small note in between the cover of the book and its first page before she stood up and stealthily made her way towards the younger student.

She was happy when she realized that Chaeyoung had earphones on, and that she was too preoccupied with drawing that the younger girl couldn’t notice an incredibly obvious Sana walking behind her.

Sana placed the textbook really slowly next to the tree Chaeyoung was leaning against, and then slowly made her way towards the first gate, where Mina was waiting for her.

When Sana left, Chaeyoung still haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter