11. Unexpected Turn of Events

Perks of an Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina woke up from her sleep abruptly, for she felt like she had an incredibly embarrassing dream. She was lying on her back, staring at her white ceiling and for once she didn’t actually feel lonely. She tried to move her arm, ready to take the glasses perched on top of her mahogany side-table – only to find out that it’s kind of stuck. Slowly, she glanced towards her right, wondering what in the world was obstructing her arm.

The sight she saw surprised her. She gasped loudly, only to cover with her free hand. She looked at the gentle sleeping figure of the girl beside her, wondering what in the world happened and how she got here. She stared at the features of Chaeyoung, starting from her hairline to her lips, down to her neck and her collarbone. Mina took in the way Chaeyoung was tucked securely between Mina’s arms, how the younger girl’s breathing seemed to make Mina fall even harder than she already was.

Mina shifted a bit, pausing when Chaeyoung mumbled incoherent words in her sleep. Once she was sure Chaeyoung was still asleep, she reached for her phone and opened her camera. She made sure to turn the sounds off and to check that the flash wasn’t on. When she was all set, she snapped a photo of the younger girl’s sleeping form.

She set her phone on the side-table once she was satisfied, deciding to wake the younger girl up. She glanced at the time on the clock beside her, taking note that it was almost four in the afternoon.

“Ch-Chaeyoung…” She mumbles, she gently pat the girl’s cheek – feeling a bit sad that she had to wake her up from her comfortable slumber. Unlike Mina, Chaeyoung was a bit easier to wake up. In a matter of seconds, Chaeyoung opened her eyes and let it slowly adapt to the light surrounding her. She looked at Mina who was bright red before her.

She must be awake… Chaeyoung thinks to herself. Who knows if she remembers why I’m here.

“Good morning…” Chaeyoung groans as she sat up from her position. She flashed Mina a sleepy smile and watched as the older girl was at a loss for words.

“It’s… almost four in the a-afternoon though…” Mina mumbles, her eyes averting Chaeyoung’s. Chaeyoung feels her heart flutter, although she was still confused as to why it would ever do that. Chaeyoung hums while acknowledging the fact that it was already afternoon.

“I don’t mind,” She says, getting up from Mina’s bed. She shuffled her feet lazily across the floor, taking her forgotten backpack and getting the hard drive from it. “Let’s do our original plans, yeah?”

Mina nods, albeit embarrassed that she fell asleep with Chaeyoung in her arms.

“Did you sleep well?” Chaeyoung asks, combing her hair with her fingers in an attempt to get rid of her (adorable) bed hair. Mina nods, her cheeks glowing pink when she remembered the warmth of Chaeyoung against her body. “Where do you wanna watch?” Chaeyoung asks, already holding the hard drive and its wires in her hand.

“There,” Mina points towards her PC. “I-If you don’t mind… If you wanna watch in the living room, it’s okay.”

Chaeyoung hums, contemplating whether they should watch in Mina’s bedroom or in their living room.

“Actually, do you have a laptop we could use?” She asks, watching as Mina nods and points towards a laptop bag set next to her desks. Chaeyoung walked towards the bag and pulled the laptop out, taking note that it was an Alienware one.

She must love gaming… Chaeyoung observes, knowing that even her desktop was made for gaming.

Mina furrows her eyebrows in confusion when Chaeyoung made her way towards Mina holding the laptop and its charger. Chaeyoung let Mina hold onto the laptop for a while, and then she got under the covers and set it on her lap.

“We’re watching here.” Chaeyoung says, watching Mina’s confusion turn into embarrassment. Mina nods slowly though, trying her best to distance herself from Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung chuckles at this, patting the spot beside her. “How are you gonna see the screen from there?”

Mina gulps, laughing shakily and nervously as she scooted closer towards Chaeyoung.

“So what do you wanna watch? I have all sorts of movies here…” Chaeyoung says once the laptop has booted up, hovering the mouse over her hard drive’s folder.

“Action movies.” Mina answers without any hesitation. Chaeyoung looks at the older girl, quite surprised at the straightforward answer.

“Okay,” Chaeyoung nods her head slowly, clicking on her collection of action movies. Mina gasps, taking in the list that went on and on – she’s watched almost all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter