16. Revelations are Quite a Thing, aren't They?

Perks of an Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days were flying by too quickly and Chaeyoung could finally feel the pressure of keeping up with both her studies and the musical play. Lately, she’s been feeling a little under the weather since she’s been working so hard, juggling the bunch of projects and homework that was piling up and the increasingly high expectations of her teachers and schoolmates for the play due in a week and a half that they were preparing.

It wasn’t helping that she and Mina weren’t in such good terms.

Chaeyoung supposes it’s her fault, for she was the one who started low-key avoiding the other girl. She felt bad since she knew that Mina probably didn’t know about the fact that she confessed something so important while she was unconscious. Gosh, Chaeyoung couldn’t blame her.

And instead of talking to Mina like she knows she’s supposed to do, she just kept mum and acted like nothing happened.

Literally, nothing.

She acted like she never walked in the music room to return Mina’s book. She acted like she never felt happy when she saw the older girl, like she never offered to hang out with her over the weekends. She acted like she never thought about the intoxicating scent Mina seemed to have, like she never dreamed about being in the older girl’s arms every night ever since the day they hung out.

Instead, she knew she was being a jerk. She acted strictly out of professionalism, keeping the line between friends and fellow actor. She felt like she was the worst.

Of course, she didn’t know if it was okay to dwell on it. She was young, after all. She had responsibilities as the eldest sister, and as a star-student not only capable of performing, but also of being an honour student.

Tzuyu was bound to get worried.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Tzuyu started up the conversation hesitantly, since she found Chaeyoung sat in the middle of the library with her head buried in her book. “You look stressed lately.”

“It’s – It’s nothing.” Chaeyoung mutters, placing the book down on the table – harshly. She looked horrible, Tzuyu observed. The girl had huge bags under her eyes, her lips were chapped, her skin was pale and her eyes just looked empty. “Life .” She finished, collapsing on top of her folded arms as she sighed heavily.

“Okay, first off, you have to chill with your teenage angst.” Tzuyu says, poking Chaeyoung’s head with a pencil that she found on the table. “Second, I don’t think it’s nothing.” She continues, prodding the girl further. “I mean, it’s not ‘nothing’ if you’re dying.”

Chaeyoung groaned, turning a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter